Im having pickup/feedback problems with my Takamine EF381SC Legacy 12-String

• Members

Hello guys I'm new here. It's nice to meet everyone I need help with a problem I'm having. So whenever I pick up my guitar or if I barely touch it it starts giving me a buzzing noise-like feedback but whenever I touch my 1/4 or around it stops. If I touch my bridge or the bone of the bridge it stops also. I tried different cables and I even switched out my preamp, the palathetic pickup, and where the 1/4 goes in also but it still does it. So I left my guitar in my bed laid it down (Basically to figure out where it was coming from) I was touching the strings and it started doing it, I also touched the bone of the bridge and the bridge itself and it also started doing it but where the 1/4 is, when I touched it, it didn't do it. I'm thinking maybe is the palathetic pickup but since I changed it out to a new one and its still doing it, so maybe there's some sort of interference I think idk. Is this t]something that happens normally? is it fixable?

Edited by jramirezz0044

• Members
5 hours ago, jramirezz0044 said:

Hello guys I'm new here. It's nice to meet everyone I need help with a problem I'm having. So whenever I pick up my guitar or if I barely touch it it starts giving me a buzzing noise-like feedback but whenever I touch my 1/4 or around it stops. If I touch my bridge or the bone of the bridge it stops also. I tried different cables and I even switched out my preamp, the palathetic pickup, and where the 1/4 goes in also but it still does it. So I left my guitar in my bed laid it down (Basically to figure out where it was coming from) I was touching the strings and it started doing it, I also touched the bone of the bridge and the bridge itself and it also started doing it but where the 1/4 is, when I touched it, it didn't do it. I'm thinking maybe is the palathetic pickup but since I changed it out to a new one and its still doing it, so maybe there's some sort of interference I think idk. Is this t]something that happens normally? is it fixable?

What it sounds like you are describing is 60 cycle hum. It hums, you touch the 1/4 jack, no hum. That says that the guitar isn't grounded properly. Unlike an electric guitar, the strings on an acoustic are not grounded. Simple fix: ground them. 

There used to be a device that attached to your wrist, and then attached to the ground on your output jack. Like a "leash". It used your body to be ground, like it does when you touch the jack. I've used just a long wire loosely wrapped around my wrist, and the other end attached to the output jack. 

Edited by badpenguin