Looking for Christmas gift-help me choose

DeepEnd

• Members
  • Members

Ok... first one I questio0n. Where is it getting it's power from? Looks like the USB port. Does it need a 2a 5 volt supply? Doesn't seem to come with one.

The second one, Ok, has a wall jack for power, but it's all 100 milli amp jacks. Some of my pedals go from 100 milli amp to 3 a. And the higher ones need the extra ampage or they don't work right.

These have a few more options.

Power Supply For Guitar Effect Pedals 10 Isolated Outputs 9V 12V 18V | eBay

Caline CP-02 Multiple Outputs Power Supply for Guitar Effect Pedal Guitar 18V 1A | eBay

MOSKY DC-CORE 10 Outputs Guitar Effect Pedal Board Power Supply 9V 12V 18V R3P4 | eBay

• Like 1

• Members
On 12/6/2023 at 12:17 PM, badpenguin said:

Ok... first one I questio0n. Where is it getting it's power from? Looks like the USB port. Does it need a 2a 5 volt supply? Doesn't seem to come with one. . . .

It ships with a cord that goes from a 2 prong standard plug to a USB plug. That appears to be what powers it. Not something I've seen up to now but who knows? Right now it looks doable but I'm still open to suggestions.

• Sad 1

• Members
59 minutes ago, DeepEnd said:

It ships with a cord that goes from a 2 prong standard plug to a USB plug. That appears to be what powers it. Not something I've seen up to now but who knows? Right now it looks doable but I'm still open to suggestions.

The cable that it shows, and I assume comes with, is a 2 ended USB male.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Deep, take a closer look at the cable on the left...definitely a USB/USB...I honestly don't think anyone would make a USB to a dual prong AC...USB is not designed to carry AC current.:wave:

So you could certainly use that USB with the charger converter from a cell phone...but the fact that they do not show [or apparently offer] an AC/DC converter is pretty 'el-cheapo'....

s-l1600.jpg

• Members
On 12/9/2023 at 4:38 PM, badpenguin said:

The cable that it shows, and I assume comes with, is a 2 ended USB male.

Yeah, I should've known better. :facepalm:On closer examination you're right. Apparently you're expected to power it with a phone charger? The input is rated 2a @ 5v so 10 Watts for best operation? AFAIK most chargers don't put out that much power so beyond "cheapo," just not a good idea.
I ended up buying one of these. With any luck he'll like it and if he doesn't it's returnable.

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, DeepEnd said:

Yeah, I should've known better. :facepalm:On closer examination you're right. Apparently you're expected to power it with a phone charger? The input is rated 2a @ 5v so 10 Watts for best operation? AFAIK most chargers don't put out that much power so beyond "cheapo," just not a good idea.
I ended up buying one of these. With any luck he'll like it and if he doesn't it's returnable.

I think you made a good choice there.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

I have a couple of Donner mini pedals that work fine...that looks pretty good for $30! USB out, plus 12V and 18V...if he doesn't like it, he probably should not be involved with your daughter!😉

• Haha 1