anyone ever used one of these

• Members

I found this very low priced 100' 24x8 snake. With shipping its about $280.00 Looks really pretty in the photos. I paid over $500 for my C.B.I. with the same specs. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these off brand snakes. there are several of them on Ebay. check out the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-24x8-channel-XLR-TRS-pro-audio-stage-snake-cable_W0QQitemZ120399276275QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120399276275&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

• Members

Looks like a computer rendering to me. Maybe they skip paying for a professional product shot and then pass the savings on to you!

Yeah I guess i does look fake when you look at the full size image. well that dosnt make me to confident.

• Members

I bought some 8ch xlr fan to fan snakes about 5 years ago; the XLR F ends kept sticking to the panels and eventually started to short out. I scrapped all 3 and bought EWI snakes and some proco's as well. Never again will I have to deal with their really crappy cable and connectors. If you bought the pulsar snake please return is asap as I can only see one lasting for the 6 months mine did.

(I have 2x 24x8 100', 1x 16x4 50', 2x 8ch (50&30), 1x 12ch 50', 1x 16ch 15' fan-fan, a bunch of 4 & 8 ch insert, all ewi and all have been great)

• Members

I love that they have "Multiple gauge wire networks for extreme accuracy in imaging, depth, and soundstage.", but they don't use industry standard connectors (something that is much more important IMO).

Sounds like a fancy way of saying they used a strand of 22ga and the rest is 26-28ga. I'd wait for monster cable to come out with snake like their instrument cables ... a Jazz snake, Acoustic snake ... I will be getting the Rock snake so it will really help my guitars "cut through the mix"! :thu:

• Members

I picked up the EWI 24 / 8 and like it allot. Ordered it from Mark & Liz. Came today. Seems fine. No dead channels out of the box. Stage box is very low. Only 2 1/2 inches high. Quality seems very good. I'll run it through its paces and write a review in a few months. First look seems excellent.

Dookietwo

• Members

I found this very low priced 100' 24x8 snake. With shipping its about $280.00 Looks really pretty in the photos. I paid over $500 for my C.B.I. with the same specs. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these off brand snakes. there are several of them on Ebay. check out the link

I bought a Pulsar snake for my studio knowing that it would get little use and remain installed and patched the same way for a long time. I do have to admit I was amazed at how they could possibly make an XLR connector as cheaply as they did (I'm saying it's a real piece of S&$&). The only metal in the whole connector is the very thin guage connection pins and a couple of molecules thick plating over plastic to make them shiny (sort of like a crackerjack secret decodor ring). Absolute junk!!!

FWIW it did and does still work but only because it never gets moved or patched at all. I'd give it a life span of MAYBE 5 gigs on the road before problems would start to arise. If you can - send it back.

Archived