• Members

Hi Ya'll... I haven't been on the board for a while but I thought that this would be a good place to post a stolen gear alert. A few weeks ago my truck was broken into and my Crest HP-8 32 channel console was stolen. The truck was located in the St. Cloud, Minnesota area. I was on the road at the time so I'm not sure of the exact date of the theft. The truck was parked in my apartment complex lot and no one saw or heard anything... even though the theives took the time to pull out the 12' ramp that was mounted under the truck and hacksawed thru the brackets to steal it too.:rolleyes:

The console was in an anvil style aluminum clad road case with the words "GW ALL STARS" stenciled in black on the top and "Sidekick Sound" stenciled on the side in white. The case is quite old and beat up, the console is in excellent shape. I have the serial number and the police report has been filed.

If anyone runs across the console, please contact me thru the personal message system.

Mike the Soundman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was there other equipment in the truck that didn't get stolen? If it was in an old beat up road case, I'd think your garden veriety thief would take newer shinier looking things. Maybe it's someone who knew what was in the case and it's value. Just a thought.

Yes that does suck!

• Members

Thanks guys! At the time of the theft, there were only a couple of things in the truck besides the console. It was where I had been keeping my fix-it pile, so there were a bunch of cables in a pile and some spare part mic stands that weren't touched and a DBX 1231 eq that had a super scratched up face and broken sliders that was also stolen. I figure that it had to be some of our local meth heads or something.

• Members

I try to keep all of my "stuff" under 50 lbs each but I suppose there is advantage to having 200 lb FOH mixer.rack combos as they would be a bitch to steal :). My biggest problem with my rig is when loading in or out by myself it would be easy for someone to do a "grab and run" :(. I'm surprised that they would have stolen something that big :eek:!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Soooooo, guess what?!?!?

My Crest console just showed up on Craigslist! Got an appointment in about an hour with the person who listed it and a member of our local police dept. It should be interesting!

Thats good news. :) Let us know how it turns out.

• Members

Mine was some older Peavey SP cabs and a brand new, used for the first time the night before Warwick Dolphin 6 string bass. That one hurt.

There were a lot of lessons learned and one I should pass along. Your gear is covered on homeowners insurance if it is purely used for hobby purposes. If you get paid, even a dollar, homeowners insurance will not cover the loss since that falls under business use. My insurance guy was cool and explained what to do but I added the business use rider after that loss.

• Members

State Farm Insurance just stopped insuring my gear (inland marine). Apparently they are getting out of that business - at least in MN. It kinda feels like a violation to pay into something for so long, make no claims, and then get disco'd, but I understand why they're doing it.

If the price matches up, I'll give my two homeowners and auto policies to someone else who will cover my gear. I'm sure State Farm calculated some migration due to the change, but my local agent will probably be sad to see us go.

Oh, and I'm really thirsty for some tales of justice at the end of this thread - theft just makes me crazy mad.

Archived