12-keys Good DI

13-voxSL e835

14-voxC SM58 only

15-voxSR e835

16-voxDrum SM57 with windshield

17&18-Drum verb rtn

19&20-Vox verb rtn

21&22-Vocal dly rtn

Just tick the stand box if you need a stand, and on the monitor sends, just tick what you NEED in each mix. Be sensible, it may be useful to tick what you need lots of and make some other mark for what you need just a touch of.

The Monitor input # will most likely match the FOH input

The stage plot just needs rough squares, circles and crosses labeled and put in place to represent each musician, instrument and necessary power drop on stage.

• Members

tell us about the band. How many people in it? How many singers? Any weird vocal effects processors being used (ALA digitech vocal300 etc)? Drum set size (not actuall dimensions, just how many peices)? Do you use backing tracks, sequencer or MD player on stage?

• CMS Author

stageplotinput02a.jpg

My band received this in the mail and were asked to fill it out for a gig that we booked for August.

If any of you have the time, can you give me a sample of what would go in a couple of the rows and what goes on the stage picture.

In order of appearance on the plot:

Input #: you can list items in any order, the sound person will rearrange the actual mixer setup to suit his preference.

Description: Self explanatory. Brief and to the point. Name, intrument, what you need. If you provide a mic or DI, say so here.

Mic: If it's a mic, your preference within reason. "SM-58", etc. If you need a DI, write it in here.

Stand: Straight, boom, short, short boom.

Mon Input #: You can number each input that needs a mon send. Skip those that aren't used for any monitor send.

Monitor send #'s: Simply check the boxes if this input is going to one or more sends.

Simply draw out the location of each amp, mic, AC power drop, and preferred monitor location, using the same player names (obviously) as the input list. If you have room, use the input list #'s...that'll help you not miss anything, thus; "10 Geoff Bass DI", "3 Krissi vocal mic", etc.

If you have any special requests or anything that you aren't sure of, write it down and put a contact phone number so it can be discussed.

Here's another sample:

http://www.tourdog.com/samples/gcplot1sam.html

• Members

One thing to keep in mind is that the rider is kind of like a wish list. you may not get everything exactly as you have it on there but it makes it much easier for the club and soundperson to be prepared to give you as much as they can.

• Members

Another thing to keep in mind is the type of stand base. If you need the cast iron round base, note that. There are still a few singers that can't wrap their heads (or feet) around tripods, and are surprised to find no "frying pan" bases at the gig.

If you need a chair for an amp, or anything similar, note that - you might get one you might not but at least you've given the sound company a heads up.

And as stated earlier in this thread, draw in your AC drops - especially the ones that aren't obvious, like guitar pedals....

• Members

It looks like a max of 11 input channels and 3 monitor mixes. Throw a monkey wrench into the machine and tell them you need 5 mixes and 15 inputs channels (OH and don't forget about the drum sub mix) (just kidding).

It is a little unusual though. Usualy you send them YOUR input list and stage plot and have them sign YOUR contract (but I'd guess it's just their way of making sure they have pertinent information in a timely manner (occasionaly groups just show up and expect you to know what they need (usualy they don't get it))).

I just did a gig for a trio that needed 12 mixes. Each of the two front guys had a vocal mix (1 wedge each) and an instrument mix (2 wedges each), there was a center pair mix for when they traveled across the stage and stereo side fills W/subs. Then the drummer had 5 mixes (stereo IEMs, a wedge mix, a sub mix and a butt thumper mix).

3 guys 12 mixes. It must be a record.

• CMS Author

It looks like a max of 11 input channels and 3 monitor mixes. Throw a monkey wrench into the machine and tell them you need 5 mixes and 15 inputs channels (OH and don't forget about the drum sub mix) (just kidding).

It is a little unusual though. Usualy you send them YOUR input list and stage plot and have them sign YOUR contract (but I'd guess it's just their way of making sure they have pertinent information in a timely manner (occasionaly groups just show up and expect you to know what they need (usualy they don't get it))).

I get the impression this company is looking to keep ridiculous requests to a miminum by intentionally limiting the input and monitor mix numbers. Seems somewhat unusual for a company that actually goes to the trouble of an input list to have only 11 inputs and more unusual is *3* minitor mixes. It's possible of course, that he edited the chart for this thread. I don't recall a console with 3 pre-fader aux's. Two, yup, four, certainly, but not three. I'd bet they have 4 or more mixes available. Would be interesting to know....if T-broom ever returns, maybe we'll find out.

Archived