It’s very affordable?

luna5

• Members

When I was in college in the early 1970’s, I purchased an Ampeg VT-22 combo amp (same head as the Ampeg V4). This was a 100w amp that actually put out over 130w, it was way underrated for its power. This amp sounded great at volume 4, but it was so loud in my bedroom that it knocked lamps off of my dresser, so I can tell you first hand on the benefits of a smaller amp. 

What I did like about the Ampeg is that I could smell the cooking tubes as the sound  hit me, and chords seemed to have distinctive smells to them. There’s nothing like the smell of overdriven vacuum tubes.

Today I have a 15w Jet City, and a pair of 2.5/5w Ampeg GVT5-110’s. Both of these are tube amps.  

I’m curious what you think about the Fender Super Champ XL for home use, it’s very affordable?

• Members

Many days when I plug in with an electric I will plug into a Yamaha THR10C Classic Combo Modeling Amp. Don't think they make the classic anymore.

I do have couple of 5 watt tube amps, and a 12 watt Princeton and a 22 watt deluxe and more amps. Plus some bigger stuff.

I did sell a Mesa Trem-o-verb combo that was 100 watts of the best tones you have ever heard. I messed up my back like a decade ago, but not hauling the Mesa. I just couldn't lift the sob.

I figure some day when I'm dead my wife and open up a store and sell it all.:bounce022: