Beautiful semi-hollow body guitars

Dan Furr55

• Members
26 minutes ago, Dan Furr55 said:

I love using two amps..........

Back in the old days I played out of a Marshall JCM 800 4104 ( which is a 50 watt  2X12 combo) and a Fender Twin Reverb.

I still have booth of these amps. I keep them for some reason, but I forget why.

On my pedal board I have an A/B/Y box.

I never was big into owing  tons of effects. If the amp delivered that's almost all I need.

I have a Yamaha THR classic practice amp.

It s what it is.

• Members
2 hours ago, Mikeo said:

Back in the old days I played out of a Marshall JCM 800 4104 ( which is a 50 watt  2X12 combo) and a Fender Twin Reverb.

I still have booth of these amps. I keep them for some reason, but I forget why.

On my pedal board I have an A/B/Y box.

I never was big into owing  tons of effects. If the amp delivered that's almost all I need.

I have a Yamaha THR classic practice amp.

It s what it is.

How do you like the yamaha?

• Members
On 8/16/2020 at 6:06 PM, daddymack said:

it doesn't sink...:badump:

The L4, L5 and L5-CES are pricey as all get-out, but they are eyecandy...Guild Starfires are great too, I regret selling mine way back when, the new 'Newark' model looks great. The Epi Emperors and Broadways are cool as well, and the Ibbie George Benson is a good choice, but come on, Dan, give us a budget number.

I am a fan of the new D'Angelico line, I have the Premiere DC [335 on steroids], and have been eyeballing that Excel EXL-1 for months. There are some interesting Deans out there too, I like the Palomino...I came very close to getting the Boca 12, but the Danelectro was a c-note less $, and I am amazed at how it sounds, even acoustically...in my little Fender Champion 600 it sings nicely...need to set up a bigger amp...😉

The L series are acoustic guitars with pickups.

The ES line are electric guitars with hollow or semi-hollow bodies.

This accounts, in large part, for the big difference in price.

Archived