50's Style Speaker Connectors on Amp....

ksl

• Members

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Screenshot_20200623-151619_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200623-152016_Gallery.jpg

Hi & hope all is well. Kindly check my pic and tell me how to easily run +/-- cables from these ancient speaker connectors. I did see a picture from someone who dangled wires, but I lost it & can't find it, but still it didn't differentiate + from -- I'd rather run & dangle wires than start drilling & installing 1/4" jack's. Do I simply open it up & check the hot & ground, & drag wires? And what about Impedance?
Thanks all
Kenny

Screenshot_20200625-232339_eBay.jpg

• Moderators

yes, I would just trace the +/- leads. Does the speaker have a 'constant-voltage' transformer attached?

Not sure where you can find those old 6 prong male bakelite connectors. I found some [years ago] to do some Leslie repairs; Amphenol makes them, but they were pricey back then [~$20 each!]

Not sure what you are asking about impedance...?

What amp is that? It looks like an old film projector setup.

and, btw, clicking on the links in your post gets me: You are not authorised to download this attachment.

• Members

Thanks all! It's a Bogen 2x6v6 mono amp that's getting a makeover. I simply opened it, ran a wire that linked the 2 -- pins of the connectors, and ran another wire from the 2 bridged + posts on the connectors, that is also bridged to that ohm selector. There an unused hole on the back chassis awaiting a 1/4" jack!! While I have you all I need a funny looking 250 ohm, 5 watt resistor that goes across one of the filter cans... here's a pic, & what do they call it? I don't want to get the wrong thing.

Thanks again ~

20200627_184535.jpg

20200627_184535.thumb.jpg.0588c25451393a772cb2cdcca91417f7.jpg

Archived