Had some singing class training but still just starting out

• Members

Hi everybody my name is jennifer!

I love to singand I love getting emotions out though song.

I was taught though my local parks department since I was a little kid. I stopped at around age 19 Due to somewhat personal reasons.In short I have a language disorder as well as autism and intellectual disability.

I am now 21 years oldi’m trying to practice the techniques I learned as  From much as I can remember

i’m trying to improve my singing voiceand I would love to hear some feedback singing is like my life. No words can describe the passion Or the joy I get from singing.

My favorite song to sing are  typically from musicals but I I got a lot of music and love sing pretty much any Genre  as long as it comes from the heart is passionate and makes me feel joy.

I also love acting but I never got into a role  except in high school.

please let me know what you think of my voice.Any respectful feedback would be much appreciated.

My YouTube channel

• Moderators

Hi and welcome to the forum, Jennifer

Singing is a great form of expression. Singing is as much an art form as it is a technique. Regardless if you're a beginner or a seasoned singer, its always good to keep on finding new ways to improve the voice. I had a listen to your singing clips. Though I'm not familiar with those songs, I think you made a good effort. My recommendation would be to work on the songs gradually, line by line. Focus on a few phrases at a time until you feel confident with it before moving on to the next part. Record yourself often, and listen back to the recording even more often. Take mental notes after listening back to the recordings on how you think you can improve. To improve the overall sound of the voice, I would recommend taking voice lessons to get more guidance on vocal technique. I hope you find this helpful. All the best.

• Members

I was unfamiliar with those songs too.

I watched her last night. I'll call it a work in progress, just like my 45 years of guitar playing.

Keep working at it and taking lessons.

• Members

Cool!

I like specially what happens at around 2:10 on the song The Next Right Thing. Listen how your voice sounds more clear and potent when you sing the phrase "the next right thing", I would try to explore that, it sounds really good and would fit musical theater style songs perfectly.

Send more songs!

• Members
57 minutes ago, FelipeCarvalho said:

Cool!

I like specially what happens at around 2:10 on the song The Next Right Thing. Listen how your voice sounds more clear and potent when you sing the phrase "the next right thing", I would try to explore that, it sounds really good and would fit musical theater style songs perfectly.

Send more songs!

Thank you so much😄

I decided to post another video of me singing I got the couragePopular cover wicked I worked really hard on this one

Archived