My drum machine broke

mbengs1

• Members

It started with the stoke wheel going out of wack. I burned it for 5 seconds then it got better. Then after about 3 uses the thing just broke, The LED shows garbage and the machine hangs everytime I try to use it. I tried it this morning and it worked for 30 minutes then now it's broken again. What can I do to fix it?

Send it to Boss / Roland and see if they can fix it. 

Short of that, throw it away and buy a new one. I believe I cautioned you about the dangers inherent in some of your very questionable "repair methods." 

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forums/topic/1953765-the-stoke-wheel-on-my-boss-dr-3-skips/

Sorry to hear that they resulted in what I was afraid they'd result in - a ruined drum machine. :( 

• Members
1 hour ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

Send it to Boss / Roland and see if they can fix it. 

Short of that, throw it away and buy a new one. I believe I cautioned you about the dangers inherent in some of your very questionable "repair methods." 

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forums/topic/1953765-the-stoke-wheel-on-my-boss-dr-3-skips/

Sorry to hear that they resulted in what I was afraid they'd result in - a ruined drum machine. :( 

All I did was heat it. heating is a popular of fixing electronics I've heard. they do that to amps, pedals etc.

10 hours ago, mbengs1 said:

All I did was heat it. heating is a popular of fixing electronics I've heard. they do that to amps, pedals etc.

I used to be the manager of a musical instrument and musical instrument electronics repair shop. We were a factory-authorized repair center for many major brands, and we worked on everything from MIDI devices (keyboards, drum machines) to guitars, amps, pedals, PA systems, recording equipment... 

"Heating" is NOT a valid method of repairing musical electronic equipment. 

As I said previously, electronics have a few arch-enemies, and one of them is excessive heat. Heating the bottom / base plate of a drum machine in order to "fix it" is NOT a technique that ANY reputable / knowledgeable electronics technician / repair person is going to use. 

• Members
On 4/9/2020 at 6:12 AM, mbengs1 said:

Nope.  It's not.  Take it from an engineer who designs these things for a living.

Archived