The stoke wheel on my Boss DR-3 skips

mbengs1

On 3/21/2020 at 1:56 AM, 1001gear said:

Link to this product?

10 hours ago, mbengs1 said:

I edited the thread title to change it from DR-30 to DR-3 to avoid any confusion. 

As far as the scroll / value wheel, it's most likely connected to a rotary control / potentiometer underneath. I suspect that a repair (if possible) would require disassembly of the entire unit, and replacement of the potentiometer, or at the very least, cleaning it. That's not something I'd recommend someone who didn't really know exactly what they were doing to just jump in and try to DIY... you could completely ruin it accidentally.  

Have you tried contacting Roland / Boss to see if they have any suggestions?

• Members
4 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

I edited the thread title to change it from DR-30 to DR-3 to avoid any confusion. 

As far as the scroll / value wheel, it's most likely connected to a rotary control / potentiometer underneath. I suspect that a repair (if possible) would require disassembly of the entire unit, and replacement of the potentiometer, or at the very least, cleaning it. That's not something I'd recommend someone who didn't really know exactly what they were doing to just jump in and try to DIY... you could completely ruin it accidentally.  

Have you tried contacting Roland / Boss to see if they have any suggestions?

I was able to fix it. I heated the base plate and tried it. It no longer skips. Thanks! 

• Members
6 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

I'm glad it's working for you, but once again, your "repair" methodology is highly... uh, unorthodox, and definitely NOT recommended. 

Electronics have a few arch-enemies. Excessive heat being one of them. 

Now one of my pedals has a problem. It's an MXR phase 90 script logo with LED. It sounds good at first then it looses some 'mojo' and is less audible. I don't know what happened to it but what I do to fix it is leave it one for 4 hours. It comes back to the original state but I have to do this every now and then to maintain its performance. you think I can fix this pedal? seems like not.

Archived