Once,and for all...

• Members

If you maintain the gain structure properly it won't many any performance difference. You may want to decide based on the output levels of your board vs your EQ and/or output connector issues (in other words it may be more important to use the setup that allows you to use XLS instead of TRS).

I'd usually rather run out of the one with the best CCMR figure.

• Members

I ran my eq through the inserts, which are pre-fade on the mix-wiz. To use the meters to "see" what is going to the eq, wouldn't you have to have ab outs selected post-fader and monitor their outs? I used the inserts partly because it is pre-fade. I would set my gain structure for the eq withe the channels pretty hot, and then not worry about it anymore. Is this somehow fundamentally wrong? FWIW it never caused me any grief and always sounded fine.

• Members

I run all mine in line, but I don't think it matters one bit sonically. It's just easier for me to do it that way because I run a multi-pin cable from the console to the rack, and it takes up less lines in the mult. I suppose it keeps the back of the console slightly less cluttered as well.

• Members

For FOH it really doesn't matter (I'd probably use the insert point because of the metering issue (th balanced/unbalanced issue mentioned might be a consideration). For monitors it's pretty important to insert them so when you make chnages, you can cue up any given aux post EQ.

• Members

For FOH it really doesn't matter (I'd probably use the insert point because of the metering issue (th balanced/unbalanced issue mentioned might be a consideration). For monitors it's pretty important to insert them so when you make chnages, you can cue up any given aux post EQ.

What do you mean?

• Members

To bad the MixWiz and most other MI mixers don't have aux inserts :(.

• Members

To bad the MixWiz and most other MI mixers don't have aux inserts
:(

Because most are not used for monitor mixers.

Main out inserts that are pre-fader are handy for doing overall dynamics processing if that floats your boat, but frankly the whole master insert thing is a solution to a non-problem for most of us.

Archived