• Members

http://houston.craigslist.org/muc/1790384011.html

Aloft Houston by the galleria is one of the newest trendiest hotels in the galleria area. Downstairs our Wxyz bar and lounge is a great place to relax and meet friends. We are looking for LIVE performers to play upcoming Fridays in our lounge. Are you an excellent singer? Awesome DJ? Amazing guitar player? We want you to come and perform! Please send in a demo or how we can hear you and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please include how much you normally get payed and what type of crowd you would attract to the bar. One thing to know....we have a great sound system in the bar so we do require that you are able to hook up to our speakers with an RCA cable. No outside speakers allowed. Email with any questions. YOU could be the next LIVE @ aloft performer!! NO PHONE CALLS!!!!!!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

What's really funny is that aloft hotels are newer high-end locations in the Starwood hotel chain...I'm sure the in-house systems are nice as can be for public address (courtesy call announcements, etc.) and background muzak work, but obviously I doubt it would work for actual SR needs.

I'm more surprised that anybody associated with one of their locations would post for acts via CL...

It's way 'beneath' their image from what I've seen of their properties (There's one near O'Hare in Chicago).

I doubt any of the acts listed on this site (http://www.liveatalofthotels.com/?language=en_US ) will be lining in to such systems...

• Members

It sounds like an upscale jazz bar situation. They want the musicans to go thru their sound system so people can chat with each other with music in the background. Not a place for chest thumping bass or distorted guitar shredding, screaming vocalists ect..

As far as the RCA connection, my best guess is that is the name she(he) came up for the wire she saw. It could be a regular pa connection, she has seen similar cables like that on her tv at home and they are rca.

The people doing the hiring sometimes dont know much about music/pa gear. Might be a good situation, or might be a flimsy sound sytem.

Archived