How to open bottom plate of MXR flanger and stereo chorus

mbengs1

• Members
8 hours ago, Mr.Grumpy said:

They're probably  English ('Imperial') sized, fractional inch. Probably hard to find those in the Phillipines. 

*edit* I just checked with my calculator, 7/64" (a common smaller size of hex/allen screws) and it works out to 2.77 mm. 

I don't think I own a 7/64" Allen wrench. Then again, I buy cheap tools. Is it possible the OP is dealing with Torx screws?

• Members
19 hours ago, Mr.Grumpy said:

They're probably  English ('Imperial') sized, fractional inch. Probably hard to find those in the Phillipines. 

*edit* I just checked with my calculator, 7/64" (a common smaller size of hex/allen screws) and it works out to 2.77 mm. 

I thought it was between 3mm and 2.5mm so about 2.75mm.  I'll check the hardware store if they got that size. coz this is crazy. why? 

• Members
3 hours ago, mbengs1 said:

coz this is crazy.

Call me maybe? 

Why? America was on a path to 'metrication' - conversion of our units from Imperial to the metric system, in the 1970s. We learned about the metric system in school, over and over. It really is easier and much more sensible than the random weirdness of the Imperial measurement system, with its weird units and a counting system. One unit - the ounce - is used both as a unit of fluid volume and as a unit of weight (1/16 of a pound!). 

The reason America still uses Imperial measurements is because of President Ronald Reagan. It's because Republicans are anti-intellectual and anti-science. Still, I believe most American cars are now made with metric fasteners, but I wouldn't be surprised if smaller industries (like effects pedals) are still using imperial tooling and fasteners. 

http://themetricmaven.com/?p=5820

Archived