Settings for this vocal.

• Members

This feels a lot like spam.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm genuinely trying to find out how to achieve this type of vocal sound. Why, or rather how, do you see this as spam? I'd like to get a little beyond running a PA "flat". Surely, some of the real "pro's" among us would have at least some idea of the processing involved.

• CMS Author

Personally I think the effect is overdone, it does sound like delay with predelay to clean up the vocal clarity, but the fact that we have an idea what was used tells me too much was applied to be used throughout the entire passage. Less is more, but that's my opinion, ymmv of course.

• Members

I'm wondering if there's any gating or compression involved. The vocal seems so "up-front".

You got a SL mixer now, maybe start tweaking on it around the house since the mixer has factory vocal comp pre-sets for vocals, pick one then use the 2 FX engines you got like plate reverb and short delay and twist some knobs I bet you can get the same effect.

• Members

You got a SL mixer now, maybe start tweaking on it around the house since the mixer has factory vocal comp pre-sets for vocals, pick one then use the 2 FX engines you got like plate reverb and short delay and twist some knobs I bet you can get the same effect.

Yeah, that'll be nice to experiment with. It still hasn't arrived btw. The "free gift" loudspeaker arrived this morning, but no mixer. Both were shipped at the same time. It probably got held up in Customs.

Archived