political gig today...gotta get sniffed by the dog

• Members

As much as I bitch about out social ills, I'm actualy pretty patriotic (that's why I try to complain WITH some options to fix the problems). Yesterday I went to visit my fathers grave at a veterans cemetary (WWII and Korea) and thought about all of the blood spilled to keep that right to openly complain available to us. It's a patriotic duty to try to always make your society better (voting your concience is a good start).

I setup in the local cemetary yesterday for the American Legion Memorial Day Program. I setup about an hour before the parade at the opposite end of town starts. I play patriotic music for the hour (Boston Pops, etc.). Gives me time to think and appreciate what I have. This was the 26th year I provided sound. When I started, most of the members of this American Legion post were not of retirement age yet. Now most of them ride in cars because they can't make the walk anymore.

Yesterday was sunny and hot - the way summer should be. As soon as that program is finished, it's time to pack up and move on to the neighboring town to run sound for that ceremony.

Sorry for getting off topic, just came to mind after reading the posts...

• CMS Author

i have indeed spent time in china, germany, austria, spain, france, and mexico.

hopefully we can keep this expeiment in liberty of ours from devolving into the likes of china, but remember every little drop of repression can slowly become part of an ocean.

I observe that you complain about the U.S. government a lot. Perhaps you should run for office and do something about the problems you perceive.

• Members

I observe that you complain about the U.S. government a lot. Perhaps you should run for office and do something about the problems you perceive.

I think him not bein' a lyin' ahole of dubious parentage would work against him getting elected.

:lol:

• Members
Maybe the difference will be noted and appreciated by his constituency.

Doubtful - 'round these parts they cruise the streets on election days and round up all the homeless and welfare folk to vote. To get those votes you better be promising a continuation of the grabberment's "free lunch" programs. Unfortunately democracy breaks down when the voters discover that they can vote themselves those free lunches and don't you go tellin' them you can't take in a dollar and spend a dollar fifty indefinitely!

• Members

Doubtful - 'round these parts they cruise the streets on election days and round up all the homeless and welfare folk to vote. To get those votes you better be promising a continuation of the grabberment's "free lunch" programs. Unfortunately democracy breaks down when the voters discover that they can vote themselves those free lunches and don't you go tellin' them you can't take in a dollar and spend a dollar fifty indefinitely!

Around here they round up all the Mormons. Just to balance things out.

• Members

Around here they round up all the Mormons. Just to balance things out.

Pfft. Big deal.

Homeless/welfare or Mormons: they're all still LIVING people at the end of the day.

'Round here, someone's historically as apt to vote after they passed as before...and sometimes more than once in the same election.

Archived