• Members

REcently switched over to PV IPR amp for subs. My old amp had a HPF built in the PV does not. What is the best way to get one of these back in-inline with my system? I have a fairly new crossover (that doesn't have one) and a fairly new EQ (again without one). So I would rather not buy one of these new but will if thats the only way, do they sell just HPF's?

• Members

I went searching for a variable HPF to use on my monitors a while back after using an EQ that had one built in. I concluded that one does not exist unless built in to something else.

Sounds like you will be better off just replacing your crossover with something that has the features that you need.

• Members

I don't belive the Ashly XR1001 has any

It has a fixed, non-defeatable 20Hz 3rd order HPF.

neither does the new Peavey crossover.

= P.O.S. :(

IMNSHO QSC started this "race to the bottom" to leave out proper HPF's with their GX series amps :( .

• Members
HPF's have been standard on quality pieces for a long time. IMO, that was a QSC bonehead move on the GX's, ESPECIALLY for a product like that.

Too bad that has become the "standard" for lower end amps with a built-in crossover and most of the other manufacturers have followed :( . A fixed 30Hz HPF would have been better than nothing...

• Members

You have an application that doesn't require an HPF on the subs?

I only need a crossover on my small system which uses active Yorkie LS801P's with my passive RCF art325i.

My larger system is all processed with the IT8000.

• Members

REcently switched over to PV IPR amp for subs. My old amp had a HPF built in the PV does not. What is the best way to get one of these back in-inline with my system? I have a fairly new crossover (that doesn't have one) and a fairly new EQ (again without one). So I would rather not buy one of these new but will if thats the only way, do they sell just HPF's?

:idea: Buy some of the used stuff I have sitting around! KT DN301 has an adjustable HPF and the Yamaha EQ also has a fixed on/off HPF.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2793583-FS-Got-to-clean-out-gear!-EQs-random-stuff

• Members

I prefer to have the HPF in the crossover only. I've seen too many people swap amps and forget to set the HPF, or set the filter when there was already one in the processor. But I understand how handy it can be, since not all crossovers have this necessary feature.

• Members

I am serious. Tell me where I'm wrong. I'm not trying to be an ass, I really want to know.

this is just an example.

it is an example of using a 31 band eq as a 100hz HP filter.

rane_mq302_death-to-100.jpg

look at what happens to the signal. this is why we dont do this.

Archived