Old fart give it a go

SpamBot

• Members

Just looking for feedback, I know the mix is really loud, that wasn't accidental, I wanted the voice up front for judging, so judge, but no need to be a dick about it. constructive feedback preferred.

• Members

huh, that's just a growl I get once I relax, hardly out of head room. I like my shell, its comfortable and warm in here. I was having monitoring trouble however. so I was struggling a bit to here the song. Less then ideal recording space.

You've got a nice and powerful voice with good control on the growling, but I can hear that you were struggling to hear things as you were tracking that - it seemed like your phrasing and timing were not flowing with the track here and there.

As a recording engineer, that's one thing I don't complain about doing - if it takes a few extra minutes to dial up a headphone mix that makes the singer happy, it's time very well spent and will pay dividends in a better performance, and thus recording.

My recommendation would be to get the headphone monitoring situation fixed and then track it again. :)

• Members

Davie and Phil, Thanks you much for the kind words. I will try to get a better version up sometime soon. I have desires to move on from the piece and work on others.

Phil, I have a delta1010 PCI card, and I can get my latency down to 32 samples, but i still get some echo back, Is there a better way short of a mixer ?

Archived