waitwut? Musikmesse ?

bieke

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Thanks Mats

are you crawling around at the Messe this year ?

from what I've heard so far, not the large turnout they hoped to get with making it a public event

Hi Bieke,

I'd like to go but after 30+ years in Frankfurt I decided for financial reasons that I needed to choose one place to go per year and the choice was NAMM.

So unless I get someone to pay me to go to Frankfurt, that will not happen.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

This is the first Messe I've missed in...well, I can't even remember. I just didn't feel a need to go, and after The Bieke Messe Experience I feel like I probably saw more of the show in this thread then I would have seen in person. I'm also not a fan of the new show format.

But what we need to have next is the "Crawl of the Giants" - Mats and Bieke collaborating on some insane project. Of course, with me to document it all. The possibilities are endless...

True semi-NAMM story: I kept hearing laughter coming from Dendy Jarrett's office several weeks ago. "What are you watching?" "The Hall E Crawl." Enough said :)

• Members

yeah that would be great, one can dream, for me, it will be difficult to ever get to NAMM, whereas i'm relatively close to Frankfurt ...

the future of the Musikmesse is a bit shady atm, the new concept has its flaws, putting drums and guitars in one Hall is far from ideal, integrating a music festival all over town in the concept seems nice for the general public wd, but not for the B2B crowd, and the big names that stay away is a negative trend, and the time slot is too close to Winter NAMM, which seems to be the most important show.

I'm curious to see the numbers after the Messe.

Which is only halfway, Day 3

Archived