Eliminating pole between the subs and tops

• Members
The loose pole/cup is easily solved on the cheap. Save and clean a plastic milk container. Cut it into strips. Insert a strip between the pole and cup. Wider if it's still too loose, narrower if it jams a bit. It won't mar the parts, and won't get anything stuck. About $2 and it does a body good.

I tried that when you suggested several months ago. I ended up getting the speaker stuck in the pole and couldn't get enough leverage to lift it out. We had to unscrew the pole from the sub with the speaker attached so we could pull it off with more force.

So it worked, but perhaps too well if that's possible!

• Members

There is a preference hereabouts amongst the "rockstar" crowd for the "poleless" look. Also some don't like leaving the tops of the subs exposed to being used as drink tables. I've seen wooden bolsters made to fill the space. A single stack I ran a couple weeks back was just my two TH-Mini's stacked with a 14" cube on top and an RCF 310a on top of that. The 14" cube was just a pair of my spare monitors nested.

• Members
There are 2 stock pole sizes, 1.375" and 1.500". Be sure you have the right tool for the job...

I checked on the Yorkville specs and they call for a 1 3/8" pole so I would say I have the right ones as 1.5" would not fit (maybe)?

• CMS Author

I tried that when you suggested several months ago. I ended up getting the speaker stuck in the pole and couldn't get enough leverage to lift it out. We had to unscrew the pole from the sub with the speaker attached so we could pull it off with more force.

So it worked, but perhaps too well if that's possible!

Start with narrow strips!!! :D

Archived