Seeking advice re: town festival

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse View Post
Pictures... or what happens in Farmington stays in Farmington? wink.gif
We'll see.

I'm under the impression there were some folks dancing who reported hadn't cut a rug in... oh... likely 1/2 a century.

Cliff's band's rendition of "Shout" by the Isley Brothers was especially entertaining as-far as crowd watching goes. A fair quantity of folks lost it "getting down low". Especially cute were the LOW... like THIS!"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Axisplayer View Post
Nice ponytail Mark. thumb.gif

Looks like your hair hasn't been cut since.....birth maybe. I went for almost 20 years with no haircut from the mid 60's to mid 80's and it didn't get even half that long.

Now I wish some of it would be even half an inch long. facepalm.gif
I was noticing the top two units in that FOH fx rack. I can tell from here that the sound is pretty transparent. ;-)

Also - your web pages is screwed up. The menu is jumping around all over the place, and every time I go back to the tab w/ the photo gallery, the gallery gets bumped further down the page (so there's more whitespace above it).

-Dan.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by IsildursBane View Post
I was noticing the top two units in that FOH fx rack. I can tell from here that the sound is pretty transparent. ;-)
Yes, at that time they were totally transparent sound-wise. Those top two units were quad gates... that we hadn't gotten around to plugging in when the picture was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by IsildursBane View Post
Also - your web pages is screwed up. The menu is jumping around all over the place, and every time I go back to the tab w/ the photo gallery, the gallery gets bumped further down the page (so there's more whitespace above it).

-Dan.
I haven't noticed that dysfunction... I'll see if I can figure out what's up with that. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by dedmeet View Post
Nice pics from the gig! What make/model were the subs and tops? I spied the two DUS cabs for center fill. Were the stage wedges also DUS cabs?
The subs and tops are Viking cabinets. Here's the Viking website:

http://www.vikingaudio.com/

The mid-highs are model X215. The subs are model MCW-18. I bought those cabinets approx. 10 years ago... I put together 8 stacks, 4 stacks for my employee Cliff, and 4 stacks for myself. We combine systems when warranted. I don't remember what I loaded the mid-highs with... Zomax 2445's as I recall for the compression drivers... possibly our AP-1526's for the cone drivers. I'd reloaded the subs with prototype samples of our updated AP-1841 drivers prior to this past summer's shows.

I believe I had 4 Dus X-12's and 2 Dus X-15's and a couple of SRX-712M's for stage monitors on that show.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by fdew View Post
You mention a couple of farm equipment dealerships. They might be willing to organize and sponsor a tractor parade. Our little town has one every year at our town festival and it is quite popular. If you live in Ionia you ARE a redneck or you learn how to act like one. http://www.mpnnow.com/newsnow/x14066...eekend?photo=0
Good idea. We're looking for ideas.

I previously considered a tractor parade... but I dunno... I don't think it's in the cards for here. The first problem is that there's not much of any local contingency of cool old tractors around here that would be suitable to parade down Main Street. The existing old-timer collectable tractors in this area are generally crawler type... like this:

http://home.gwi.net/~dclough/14.jpg

The shiny newer parade-able tractors are behemoths, like this:

http://www.deere.com/common/media/im...cy_324x238.jpg

And our downtown main street is only 2 blocks long.

One thing we do have locally, as far as farmer oriented eye candy goes, are 10 wheeler grain trucks... and there's gobs of those in the area... many are "pretty shiny"... like this:

http://www.farmervernstrucks.com/200...T_5D877008.jpg

I just got back from checking on one such project at a neighbor's shop. They're converting an over-the-road Peterbilt semi into one of these 10 wheeler grain trucks. There's quite a bit to doing the conversion: Remove the sleeper, install a hoist bed, install a tag axel (which involves shortening the saddle tanks)... and of-course they're doing a frame-up restore on everything else... the list goes on & on... they figure they'll have $60K just into the basic conversion (doing all the work themselves)... the fancy chrome & polished aluminum stuff they have laid out for the project is extra. They're painting the body right now... the paint job's a translucent pearl orange with black striping. It should be absolutely gorgeous when they're done... and should function ducky fine to haul grain from the field to the warehouse... full dozens of folks will probably see this masterpiece of craftsmanship in it's lifetime. facepalm.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by W. M. Hellinger View Post

One thing we do have locally, as far as farmer oriented eye candy goes, are 10 wheeler grain trucks... and there's gobs of those in the area... many are "pretty shiny"... like this:

http://www.farmervernstrucks.com/200...T_5D877008.jpg

:
Nice ride. Perhaps a local farm equipment dealer would give over his parking lot or adjoining field for a bunch of these rigs as a static display on festival day. It might help pump up the festival and let some locals show off a bit. Depending on how far out of town they are, the display could be the turnaround for the hay ride.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fdew

View Post

Nice ride. Perhaps a local farm equipment dealer would give over his parking lot or adjoining field for a bunch of these rigs as a static display on festival day. It might help pump up the festival and let some locals show off a bit. Depending on how far out of town they are, the display could be the turnaround for the hay ride.

We have quite a bit of open space right here in town. I just did a quick count of the number of city blocks in-town... there's approx. 80 city blocks... and I think there's approx. 60 residences spread across those 80 city blocks.

Archived