Back to playing again (at least trying!) My set up is now almost complete!

Misha

• Members

I changed my mind and I exchanged;

- a Vox Mini-5 Rhythm;

- a TC Electronic Hall of Fame reverb pedal;

- a Boss Eband JS-10

for

- a TC Electronic Nova System;

- a Fender Excelsior

Cost of the exchange: 17.25$ CAD + 4$ for the parking meter! I got the amp for 299$ CAD !!! (Can't believe it yet!)

I bought a power supply for an old English Muffin pedal filled with lower gain tubes that I had. Great news: it's still working well. I also have an inexpensive Akai Compressor.

The guitar is an humble stock MIM Strat with maple fretboard.

Today I decided that the pawnshop amps were real bargains. Maybe they will even gain value in the future, who knows !? Well, I went back home with a Fender Ramparte too! 329$ CAD for this one!

I run both amps in stereo thru the Nova System: I'm really happy with my setup!

The only gear I want to add or to find out (on the Nova System) is vibe!

I would maybe love soundproofing curtains in my apartment, now too... but that is another story!

It's the best setup I've never had! It sounds sweet even at low volume!

I work a lot and decided I need to relax a bit. It's my gift from me... to me!

What about you?

• Members

Hi Misha,

Hope all is well in Quebec!

I mostly run my electric guitars through amp sims these days, either Amplitube 3 or Scuffham Amps 2. As for 'real' amps, I have a Peavey Classic 30 tweed from around 2000 or so. I need to use a step down transformer because Europe is generally 220-230v, not 110. This was sitting down in my basement for a few years, but I brought it up because I miss the 'oomph' of a real amp. I also have a Blackheart Killer Ant head going into an Epiphone 12" cab, which I hardly ever use. Since getting the amp sims, I've sold my BOSS GT10, not least because I hated the lights that were so bright because they were meant for stage use. Quite different than sitting quietly in my livingroom and playing in the dark, as I like to do.

Hope you enjoy your new rig!

Salut,

Glenn

• Members
Hi Misha,

Hope all is well in Quebec!

I mostly run my electric guitars through amp sims these days, either Amplitube 3 or Scuffham Amps 2. As for 'real' amps, I have a Peavey Classic 30 tweed from around 2000 or so. I need to use a step down transformer because Europe is generally 220-230v, not 110. This was sitting down in my basement for a few years, but I brought it up because I miss the 'oomph' of a real amp. I also have a Blackheart Killer Ant head going into an Epiphone 12" cab, which I hardly ever use. Since getting the amp sims, I've sold my BOSS GT10, not least because I hated the lights that were so bright because they were meant for stage use. Quite different than sitting quietly in my livingroom and playing in the dark, as I like to do.

Hope you enjoy your new rig!

Salut,

Glenn

Hi Glen!

A real amp is a real amp! The feeling is sooo cool !! I missed that a lot in the past two years!

In Quebec, it is... cold! (I was going to write cold ... as hell but I deleted that!) very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'>

**************************************************************************************************************

Edit:

Also in Quebec:

- Politics is... Meh... :facepalm:

- Gasoline went from 1.45$ / l to .93$ / l smiley-tongue

• Members
For the quieter volumes' date=' I use a Yamaha THR10. For enjoyment, still use my Roland BC60[/quote']

Roland BC 60 ?? Is it a Cube 60 ? (Those were really good and people who have them love them!)

• Members
I dig the E-Band thing, but don't see it in your pic. :idk:

superred1_zpsbd0f7bff.jpg

I was probably not clear enough in my message... I exchanged these 3 things: Vox Mini-5 Rhythm, a TC Electronic Hall of Fame reverb pedal and - a the Boss Eband JS-10 for these two things: a TC Electronic Nova System and a Fender Excelsior.

I know that the JS-10 has cool features, but I have a lot of backing tracks in my computer!

That red amp (Vaporizer) is VERY cool !!! :cool03:

• Members
I have a Nova System thing...I should use it more...see my sig...lol:0

Yes that red Vaporizor amp really is the thing. I haven't gotten rid of it, yet. And, I don't believe I will, for quite some time, maybe. I enjoy that rig, a lot, actually.

I need to reed the manual of the Nova System (that I often call Nova Station, I do not know why...) I love the sound of the Nova System and I know it's capable of much more than I have done with it till now!

The Excelsior: I love it, love it, love it! This thing sounds sweet and buttery ! It is even pretty In my living room!

People buy decoration all the time, but without any tube amp included inside!! That Excelsior and that Ramparte are cake for the eyes and the ears! Together in stereo with the Nova System: "eargasm" !!! very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'> smiley-veryhappy very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'>

• Members
Glad to hear you have some gear you like. Happy New Amp and Pedal Day. As for the Pawn Shop amps I hope you're right. I haven't been impressed with the Pawn Shop guitars and basses for the money. They seem seriously overpriced to me.

I honestly didn't look at the Pawn Shop guitars.

The amps weren't too expensive: 299$ for the Excelsior and 329$ for the Ramparte. I know that the Excelsior is discontinued, not sure about the Ramparte. For the price, I don't think I have a lot to lose. If they ever break (and there is a 5-year warranty on each), they still make nice cabinets! Tubes and speakers can be upgraded easily, too. For now, I'm very pleased with the sound. I use an Ehx English Muff'n in front of them. This is a tube pedal that has volume, gain, high, mid and low knobs.

Archived