Looking for a very compact speaker stand

• Members

I saw this one in my local L&M. I guess it might do for boardrooms or coffee shops, but it's pretty short otherwise. However it does collapse to 27 inches or 68.6 cm. http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/4432/Pro_Audio_Recording/Stands/Yorkville_Sound/Speaker_Stand_-_Mini.htm

When I do a light duty gig or any gig where people aren't dancing and/or blocking the stage, I often just put my speaker(s) on the floor behind me pointed monitor style out at the audience.

• Members

Thanks for replies! :)

I tried google, but without results. Also my local shop, eBay etc... Kustom and Yorville stands seems impossible to get in norway or get shipped over here.

I'm using it for a micro PA (1x Yamaha DXR8) in a roller bag where the BOSE gets too big, and/or small venues/few people. So stupid carrying the stand in one hand when it all could fit in a roller bag...

• Members

Thanks for replies!
:)

I tried google, but without results. Also my local shop, eBay etc... Kustom and Yorville stands seems impossible to get in norway or get shipped over here.

I'm using it for a micro PA (1x Yamaha DXR8) in a roller bag where the BOSE gets too big, and/or small venues/few people. So stupid carrying the stand in one hand when it all could fit in a roller bag...

I don't know what kind of places you play but as I mentioned earlier, if it's a lounge or something it might be possible to do it without a stand. I know a keyboard player who gigs all the time, at least five days a week. He usually uses a powered head and one (sometimes two) eight inch speaker(s). He just sets the speaker on the floor. I don't know if he even owns any speaker stands. I work with him at this place http://www.fairmont.com/hotel-vancouver/dining/900-west-lounge/

We've been playing there for years and have never used a stand - in that room it actualy works better IMO. In fact I prefer the "FOH" speaker(s) on the floor over the Bose sytem - in that room anyway.

Naturally YMMV. Anyway good luck with your search.

Archived