Your Predictions for the Music Industry in 2015

Anderton

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
2015 PREDICTIONS

1) Mark will eventually come to the Dark Side and start using his DAW full time.

2.) Ken will stun the photography world and start to take day photography.

3.) Jeff da Weasel will continue to write very cool tunes.

4.) Craig`s hairline will no longer exist and Lee Knight will have a hair implant.

5.) Beck will return in full force, apologize for his behavior, then within 6 months will make another claim he can not support with facts but tell us we are not smart or good enough to understand his higher level of thinking and being.

6.) This site will undergo yet another re-design that will completely shut out the remaining members of this once thriving forum. Yes, we`ll eventually get back on but half the features will not work.

7.) George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Kanye West will all be single by 2016.

8.) Some 12 year old will have a #1 hit completely produced on their iPhone.

9.) Justin Self will have a girlfriend.

10.) Ani will return!

11) Members here will stop boozing, sniffing glue, shooting up, smoking weed, and start eating right and exercising so they can get smarter and gooder.

12) Little bongo drum makers will make a fortune in sales to protesters of the Ferguson grand jury decision, buy North Carolina with cash and give it to the Cherokee, where Native Amaerican music will experience a revival that sweeps the US and Denmark.

• Members

I predict Clearchannel Inc. will disappear.

I predict record companies will hire lots of sharp A&R people who REALLY want to find late-middle aged bands.

I predict lots of late middle-aged bands will get richer than the Beatles ever dreamed of -- especially late middle-aged

electric-guitar bands that do tributes to Led Zeppelin and Lynrd Skynrd.

I predict there will no longer be any Elvis impersonators. The world will forget anybody named Elvis ever existed.

I have more predictions. But I just got busy doing something else.

• Members

You're going to ask just what I did in Photoshop, aren't you? Unless you already know because of your gift.

For everyone else, I will tell you.

In the upper right corner, there was a panda riding a winged horse that had just entered the frame as was taking the photo. I felt that it was distracting, incongruous with the feel of the beautiful sunrise I was trying to get across. I cloned it out.

This dovetails into another one of my 2015 predictions.

I predict that more people will clone out pandas riding winged horses from their photos.....uh, while whistling to Barry Manilow "Can't Smile Without You" streaming on Spotify (there. Had to make my prediction about music).

• Members
You're going to ask just what I did in Photoshop, aren't you? Unless you already know because of your gift.

For everyone else, I will tell you.

In the upper right corner, there was a panda riding a winged horse that had just entered the frame as was taking the photo. I felt that it was distracting, incongruous with the feel of the beautiful sunrise I was trying to get across. I cloned it out.

This dovetails into another one of my 2015 predictions.

I predict that more people will clone out pandas riding winged horses from their photos.....uh, while whistling to Barry Manilow "Can't Smile Without You" streaming on Spotify (there. Had to make my prediction about music).

No, I will not ask because I already know. I will not mention where you use Photoshop because its everywhere. It would be like walking with you to the ocean and pointing to the ocean and saying, "Look, there is water." And you, in your lowliness would say, "But where? I don`t see it." And I would respond, "You silly child, thou art unworthy of thee. The water is everywhere. You are so blinded to it because it is all around you, all above and beneath you, it is inside you."

Because of your ignorance and bad diet, I will not partake in pointing out your use of Photoshop, you scoundrel, you fool.

• Members
I don't mind pandas on winged horses so much; it's those blasted alligator lizards in the air that I always crop out of my pictures—and the skies are packed to the gills with them over Ventura Highway! angry02

Best,

Geoff

You really have to be careful when you're driving around there. That's why car insurance premiums are sky-rocketing around Ventura Highway these days.

• Members

No, I will not ask because I already know. I will not mention where you use Photoshop because its everywhere. It would be like walking with you to the ocean and pointing to the ocean and saying, "Look, there is water." And you, in your lowliness would say, "But where? I don`t see it." And I would respond, "You silly child, thou art unworthy of thee. The water is everywhere. You are so blinded to it because it is all around you, all above and beneath you, it is inside you."

Because of your ignorance and bad diet, I will not partake in pointing out your use of Photoshop, you scoundrel, you fool.

I'm glad I have you to set me straight.

Sometimes I'm not even sure if I've used Photoshop.

• Members

I think there will be more emphasis on apps from major label artists, since that provides a promotional tool that's deemed "hip" and possibly a product that they have more control over piracy with. It also provides a way for them to possibly use the "in-app purchase" paradigm.

For indie artists, there may wind up being more of an emphasis on music videos and singles, as opposed to full length records.

Motion, depth detection, skeletal, and feature recognition algorithms will continue to be integrated into music production and manipulation.

• Members
I think there will be more emphasis on apps from major label artists, since that provides a promotional tool that's deemed "hip" and possibly a product that they have more control over piracy with. It also provides a way for them to possibly use the "in-app purchase" paradigm.

For indie artists, there may wind up being more of an emphasis on music videos and singles, as opposed to full length records.

Motion, depth detection, skeletal, and feature recognition algorithms will continue to be integrated into music production and manipulation.

I can definitely see more artists using their own apps. I think its a brilliant idea and the first I`ve heard of it. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. An app that has pictures of the band, news, bios, lyrics, snippets of songs, etc… all in a controlled environment.

I also see more artists creating their own channels on YT and promoting themselves via that format. I think we`ll see more documentaries from artists… lots of behind the scenes and "the making of" sort of videos.

Lastly, as you mentioned, I think digital distribution will evolve. Downloads will be coded with some sort of algorithms that writes itself and refuses to allow itself to be copies. I`m not sure how that will happen but when it does, someone will write software to override that setting and around the merry go round we go….

Archived