Thrown together Gig: Need song ideas and a band name!

New Trail

• Members

Because of a cancellation, and the unavailability of different members of each of the bands with which I am affiliated, I find myself in the position of throwing together "a band" to play a gig here locally, helping out the venue, really. However, we won't have time to rehearse, maybe once, if at all. I need some song ideas, EASY song ideas, and a name for the band as well. Any ideas considered. It's sort-of a society type gig so the songs need to be well known and danceable. Thanks for your help.

• Members

After you throw the band together, find out from the members who-knows-which songs and go from there. The songs that everybody knows are going to be the first ones the do. The ones 3 out of 4 of you know are the next ones.

As far a band name goes--- Melting Pot might work for you under the circumstances.

• Members
After you throw the band together, find out from the members who-knows-which songs and go from there. The songs that everybody knows are going to be the first ones the do. The ones 3 out of 4 of you know are the next ones.

As far a band name goes--- Melting Pot might work for you under the circumstances.

THIS!

• Members

Yep, this is what I'd do.

• Members

God.. so many easy songs out there...

Summer of 69

Jesse's Girl

867-5309

Pride and Joy

Feel like Makin Love

All the small things

Stacy's Mom

Kryptonite

Mony Mony

American Girl

Brown Eyed Girl

Paradise City

Dead or Alive / Livin on a prayer

Satisfaction / Sympathy for the devil

Wild thing

Louie Louie

My Sharona

Whip it

Hungry Like the wolf

We got the beat

Dancing with myself

Destroyer (Kinks)

Rock n roll all nite

I'm yours

Santeria

Mustang Sally

Shout

Let's go Crazy

My Body

Really.. there's so many more.. just look up who's playing out in any area, and check out their websites.. most bands put their song list up.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived