Been gassing for a 50 Strat for ages

• Moderators

All the fat neck jobs are too expensive or rare.

My first choice would have been a Greco Super Real, as it ticks all the boxes, nitro, no poly undercoat, Sen body, big fat neck, made by Fuji-gen';s finest, the rest I can tweak.

Was in Japan last week and saw an MIA 57RI, at 79 000 Yen, and asked for a try. Neck was 21mm!!!! at the first fret, C shape, not the 25mm, 1" monster V that us fat neck lovers desire.

So with a sad heart I bought a Fuji-gen 1984 E serial ST57 at 20000 Yen, which was a great little player.

Just before I left the UK I thought I'd ask a buddy to do a body for me.

All I gotta do now is build a neck:)

fetch?id=31206766

fetch?id=31206767

I've had a piece of AA birdseye maple waiting for a while, so it's found it's home at last, I'll cheap out and start with a set of Fender Custom Shop 54s.

I'll do a build thread when the router table is ready to make the neck

• Members

I have to say after owning a few 55 hardtail 58 Lavender and played dozen of 50's Strats that I like the early 60 slab board ones better. Strat aren't magical just because the time they were made. Granted the 50 & early 60's were the better ones, there were still dogs in those years.

• Moderators
I have to say after owning a few 55 hardtail 58 Lavender and played dozen of 50's Strats that I like the early 60 slab board ones better. Strat aren't magical just because the time they were made. Granted the 50 & early 60's were the better ones, there were still dogs in those years.

Maybe I should have been less ambiguous, and said that have been gassing for a 50s style Strat...;)

Archived