Amp Selection

gmhaigh

• Members

spent a good while on the phone with Paul, the main man at Zilla, and he set my mind at ease. He agreed that the spec was worrying, and that, on paper the X series or Eminence should be better bass drivers, but the sound of the S is just amazing etc. I'm going to have some faith and I'm getting the 300S neodymium speakers, and have fronted up the deposit... I also got hold of Dr Decibel at Celestion who recommended the S series as his best bass speaker.

Thanks for the help gents.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Play them and find the one that you dig. I thought I would dig the TC but didn't in the least. This is not too down anyone that loves the TC's. It just didn't do it for me. Different playing styles, different needs. The Orange rocks for me. Depends on what you like. I don't like a lot of amplifiers that a lot of players I love dig. It's like picking a new car. You sit in the driver seat and it's wrong. You can't buy that car because everyone loves that car. But if you like to dig in and get a growling fat sound, the Orange works in spades. As do the Ashdowns. A lot of guys have that articulate, precise attitude and love the TC. That is how I would divide those three amps.

Archived