I hate to say it but these Forums have officially died.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So long as the folks running the forum stop changing the format / interface in a complete way what seems like every few months, the population will likely grown steadily on its own. HC is still on the first page of Google results for "musician forum" (though you'll want to probably look into SEO-ing that up a couple steps, admins).

• Members

I stopped posting when I left my band back in October. Just felt like since I'm not playing in a band, just don't have much to contribute anymore. I am now officially a lurker I guess. Really nothing to do with all of the changes though. True that it used to be pretty interesting around here. I'm sure it will pick back up.

• Members

This place may not be what some of you guys say that it used to be, but that was before my time, so I have not seen this place at it's highest point. I do like this forum though so it works for my needs as there are some great musicians here to learn from. I'm sure most of us here are in the same boat as me but I have a full time job, family and multiple bands that I play in so my availability to get on here is limited, but when I do have the time I always find something that I enjoy. And, unless this forum format were to repeatedly kick me off, it's the people that bring me back to HC, not the speed or layout of the forum.

• Members
No, there doesn't seem to be anything else out there. Not that I've ever found anyway. That's pretty much why I keep hanging out here. I figure this place has as much chance to become the next HC as does anywhere....

This is true. After a long absence I can back because I used to enjoy the discussions. It is definitely slow around here. I knew it had some growing pains but...

So far I haven't found any other discussion pages that used to be what the old HC was.

• Moderators
Someone should dig up the groupie thread and then post it as a sticky. That thread in itself pulled a lot of new members, IIRC.

/only partially kidding

I removed my part of it. I wasn't sure I'd still be able to after the migration - or even if those posts would be allowed, given the crackdown on "adult" material.

Terry D.

• Members

I removed my part of it. I wasn't sure I'd still be able to after the migration - or even if those posts would be allowed, given the crackdown on "adult" material.

Terry D.

I always enjoyed reading your stories. You definitely have a knack for writing. Glad to see the links in your sig. I may have to read them again soon.

• Members

Terry D.

You ever get a chance to do the book you were talking about?

Archived