My GAS is cured, I think

Into Nation

• Members

I dropped by GC yesterday, just blowing time and happened upon a Fender Cabronita tele in black. Sitting on a stand on the floor, all by its lonesome. Hang tag said $225. Picked it up and took a look. The plastic was still on the guard. Action was a little high but seemed fine otherwise. Fiddled for a minute and put it back down. Calmly walked out. I don't have any guitars with Filtertrons, but I can make a rolled back P90 sound like one, I think. I've got five of those already. lol

There are some South FL folks here, so check out GC in Margate. Might still be there!

• Members

I try to be super disciplined about passing up great deals that I just don't need. No time for flipping, and not enough coin or space for hoarding. But I'm weak and inevitably will revert to form periodically, latest example being the Pigtronix Polysaturator from BestBuy - really didn't need another dirt box, and hope of it displacing another was poorly founded (different enough from my other dirt), but what a glorious little treat at $65 including shipping and tax, right? How could I possibly pass that up?! Not sure I could have left the Carbronita either, well done! Down deep, though, you know that P90s won't cut it, I predict that this will gnaw at you for many years to come, or until you scratch the itch. Good luck, brother in arms!

• Moderators
I dropped by GC yesterday, just blowing time and happened upon a Fender Cabronita tele in black. Sitting on a stand on the floor, all by its lonesome. Hang tag said $225. Picked it up and took a look. The plastic was still on the guard. Action was a little high but seemed fine otherwise. Fiddled for a minute and put it back down. Calmly walked out. I don't have any guitars with Filtertrons, but I can make a rolled back P90 sound like one, I think. I've got five of those already. lol

There are some South FL folks here, so check out GC in Margate. Might still be there!

Of course it is dear chap:

PS: Everybody just humour him and say yes.....ok, you didn't hear me say that:-|

Archived