DigiTech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor

Jon Chappell

• Members

I can already tell this is one clever little box – the way the expression pedal is programmed for each preset (wah on some, volume on others, effect depth/speed on still others), but it’s the sounds that keep me from doing my duties and getting to the editing and programming. I’m having too much fun.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I've had the RP 250 for about 2 years now and am quite pleased with its performance and diversity of sound. The expression pedal stopped working after a while and I have yet to try and fix it. But overall I bought the 250 because I didn't have the money for multiple individual pedals. If your wanting something with many effects to experiment with, then I'd have to say give the RP series a try. The fact that you can plug it straight into your PC via USB gives you clean digital sound when recording. Also, the software you can download makes it extremely easy to alter the effect options.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

I have been using the RP250 for a couple of years now and have had no problems, except for one, which was my fault.

I played the local county fair a few weeks ago and I asked the sound guy if it was OK for me to skip hauling my combo amp from the parking lot to the stage and just go direct from my guitar to the RP250 and then into his huge fancy PA. He said sure, so I did. The first set sounded terrible due to a loud 60-cycle hum from the guitar. The sound guy ran off to get a ground lift plug, but in the meantime I noticed a little ground lift button next to the guitar thru jack on the RP250. Once I pushed that everything sounded great. For some reason I had never needed to use that button before with my dinky little Yamaha powered mixer and speakers on stands setup.

• Members
I have been using the RP250 for a couple of years now and have had no problems, except for one, which was my fault.

I played the local county fair a few weeks ago and I asked the sound guy if it was OK for me to skip hauling my combo amp from the parking lot to the stage and just go direct from my guitar to the RP250 and then into his huge fancy PA. He said sure, so I did. The first set sounded terrible due to a loud 60-cycle hum from the guitar. The sound guy ran off to get a ground lift plug, but in the meantime I noticed a little ground lift button next to the guitar thru jack on the RP250. Once I pushed that everything sounded great. For some reason I had never needed to use that button before with my dinky little Yamaha powered mixer and speakers on stands setup.

Do you mean the amp/mixer button that's next to the guitar input jack?

• Members

Do you mean the amp/mixer button that's next to the guitar input jack?

Oops, sorry. I was talking about my Digitech VL2, not my Digitech RP250. The RP250 did great. I do know about the amp/mixer button and I had it set the right way for inputting into the PA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have a blackstar HT-60 arriving soon.

What are my best options for using this amp with the RP250?

Is it possible to use it infront of the preamp or in the effects loop? Which sounds better. I want to use the wah, whammy, delays, reverb, chorus, overdrive pedals (ds-1, or ts9) etc etc. Not all at the same time of course.

It's been a few years, so if anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Apologies if this has been talked about but it's a very large topic with many pages to read.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I contacted digitech support, and they gave me a link to download new drivers and now it works flawless................
:thu:
kudos for the fast response
:wave:

Digitech has some shortfalls...but in my experience, customer service is not one of them.

Back when I had a GSP-21 for a few years, something went wrong with it...they fixed for free AND updated the firmware/presets for me (more artist presets)

I reviewed a RP-300a in HC, and complained about a harsh sound when using it I couldn't dial out. I get an email from digitech giving me pointers on how to set it to sound its best...didn't really work to my satisfaction, but the fact that they went through the trouble to email me after reading my review speaks for itself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

the expression pedal can easily be hit too hard, which causes it to stop working. all you need to do is recalibrate it, which you can find instructions on the internet pretty easily, all you have to do is basically turn it off and back on while holding down the pedals (I think) to enter in to calibration mode. I had the problem and was about to send it back, but it turned out this was all it needed

Archived