VOX TONELAB LE (GUITAR MULTI-EFFECTS PROCESSOR)

Jon Chappell

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jakoblose

View Post

Is there any way to get the delay to continue after you switch from one path to another? When I play lead with delay (eg bank 3, no4) and then change to rhythm (bank 3 no 2), the delay cuts off without continuing as I think it should and would do with any stompbox (and even did with my old Boss ME5!!!)? Any solutions? suggestions?

Thanks

So surprised I´m the only one with this problem - or why isn´t anybody answering ANY of my posts??? Guess I´m not the only perfectionist with my sound...

Reply!!! - let me know if it´s only my TLLE or it's normal

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by jakoblose

View Post

So surprised I´m the only one with this problem - or why isn´t anybody answering ANY of my posts??? Guess I´m not the only perfectionist with my sound...

Reply!!! - let me know if it´s only my TLLE or it's normal

I am no expert on this processor but if you are going from one preset that has delay to another and it does not have delay, isn't this just a function of writing delay into that second preset?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by steve350

View Post

I am no expert on this processor but if you are going from one preset that has delay to another and it does not have delay, isn't this just a function of writing delay into that second preset?

It cuts off the count because it switches from one patch to another. There's an abrupt cutoff. The reasoning was in the thread somewhere, but there's only one sound channel in effect, so having trails would require a second channel to remain "open" and let it drone out

Quote Originally Posted by New Trail

View Post

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Yes only one effect per patch

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by New Trail

View Post

Thanks! I suppose if you wanted overdrive with wah you could choose wah and amp model and dime it?

That's one option. That's the one really serious design flaw with the Tonelab.

I use the LE just for its amp models and have a M-13 for effects just so I don't have to deal with the silly limitations.

• Members

I really dig the Tonelab LE's tones and 'all-in-one' usefulness. I use it all the time for gigging really, and get many compliments on my tone....but most importantly I like the tone and it makes me play better IMO.

But I hope a new unit comes out and addresses some of the things I would like to see changed...

- USB connection for patch storage/loading

- pedal can be a volume pedal and when stepped on turns into a wah...then back into a volume (like the Pod XT Live)

- less limiting the effects you can use at once (I like compression and a wah on my clean channel, but I can't have both)

- XLR outs ??? (like the new Pod floorboard unit)

Basically, I love the sound and feel of the unit, but it needs to jump into the year 2009 and offer the things other competitive units are offering.

I find it quite limiting at times and wish a newer version would come out to replace it and offer more flexibility to the patches...I don't care if it costs and bit more, it would be worth it! wink.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

confused.gif

I just got a VOX Tonelab LE (being a tube-nazi I just couldn't go with the Line 6 stuff).

Is there any way to use BOTH the compressor AND the Wah Wah pedal at the same time?

I just downloaded the sound editor software and I'm off to get a pair of MIDI cables to see if that makes things more clear.

Thanx

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by osmancigil

View Post

As far as I remember,you can't.

You can only select one effect in an effect block!

I don't know why Vox doesn't update that smile.gif

Thanks osmancigil, it looked that way but now I know.

I did get the VOX sound editor software up and running and talking to the Tonelab LE.

Looks like a much nicer way to program the thing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Purpgld

View Post

How can I hook up a Roland EV5 and use it as a wah pedal to my Tonelab LE?

Purpgld

I think trying to use the EV5 for the wah would be a lot harder than using the EV5 as a volume pedal in the effects loop of the TLLE, and using the on-board expression pedal for wah. This is how I use an EV5 with my TLLE. It's not perfect, because backing off on the EV5 isn't controlling the overall patch volume, it's just reducing the guitar input to the rest of the effects chain, but it works pretty much the same way as turning the guitar volume knob down.

The only way I can think of to use the EV5 the way the OP is asking would be to use a MIDI continuous controller like the MIDI Solutions Pedal Controller, programmed to translate the EV5 position to the wah effect of the TLLE. It could be done, but it would take some programming, and you'd end up with another box on the floor in addition to the TLLE and the EV5.

I hope this is of some use.

Tom Hyzy

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tomhyzy

View Post

I think trying to use the EV5 for the wah would be a lot harder than using the EV5 as a volume pedal in the effects loop of the TLLE, and using the on-board expression pedal for wah. This is how I use an EV5 with my TLLE. It's not perfect, because backing off on the EV5 isn't controlling the overall patch volume, it's just reducing the guitar input to the rest of the effects chain, but it works pretty much the same way as turning the guitar volume knob down.

The only way I can think of to use the EV5 the way the OP is asking would be to use a MIDI continuous controller like the MIDI Solutions Pedal Controller, programmed to translate the EV5 position to the wah effect of the TLLE. It could be done, but it would take some programming, and you'd end up with another box on the floor in addition to the TLLE and the EV5.

I hope this is of some use.

Tom Hyzy

Due to the limitations of the Tonelab LE I have resigned myself to making yet another pedal board with the Tonelab LE as a component thereof. I'm planning to use a VOX 847A Wah Wah (my favorite kind, and 50% of why I bought the TLLE in the first place) and a DOD FX84 compressor. That way I only need the delay and modulation effects from the TLLE, although I will most likely use the pre-amp to some degree at low gain settings so I can program in various tone settings. I like the pre-amp in my Orange amp better any way.

So far, I have seen no single unit pedal board that "does it all". The TLLE is pretty good though. thumb.gif

• Members

I have the TLLE and I went by and picked up the GT10 to test if I liked it more. On first impression it is too much to program. Questions:

1. The Vox Catalog indicated that there were two amp choices per program. How can this be since I have seen nothing in the manual?

2. With the 4CM is the guitar preamp the first item in the chain? What would happen if I plug my guitar into a vox wah and then into the input?

3. What does this mean if I want to put an effect before the amp?

4. Where is the noise gate in the chain?

Purpgld

5. Where is the foot volume in the chain?

• Members

I seemed to be getting low output from my modeling program until I found the gain settings in this button. It confused the hell out of me since I never saw any information in the manual on how to use the setting:

low gain

meddle gain

high gain

Can someone give me some advice on this setting and how to use it.

By the way, is it global for all amp model on only for the patch

Purpgld

• Members

Hi Purpgld,

the setting you are talking about is a global setting, therefore "valid for every patch". How to set up...? matter of taste. Personally I use the factory setting for it I guess. Anyway I don't like the amps, so I use the line.

The main rule if you have no literature, set everything on middle value-position , and change them step by step slowly untill your ear finds it right. My personal advice, do this very slow, because your ear will be "lazy" and "deff" for details after a while.

Hope you can use these simple advices.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Purpgld

View Post

I have the TLLE and I went by and picked up the GT10 to test if I liked it more. On first impression it is too much to program. Questions:

1. The Vox Catalog indicated that there were two amp choices per program. How can this be since I have seen nothing in the manual?

2. With the 4CM is the guitar preamp the first item in the chain? What would happen if I plug my guitar into a vox wah and then into the input?

3. What does this mean if I want to put an effect before the amp?

4. Where is the noise gate in the chain?

Purpgld

5. Where is the foot volume in the chain?

ad 1: if you talk about TLLE i think the two amps per prog. was an option in the older model TLSE... sorry bout that

/Jake

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer48

View Post

This is a great thread. Took me forever to read thru it all! But I have a question...

How do I run my MP3 backing tracks on my PC into the LE and out to headphones for late nite jamming?

This is not really an answer but I run my MP3 or CD player and my LE into a Powerblock and use the Powerblock headphone jack to do this.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer48

View Post

This is a great thread. Took me forever to read thru it all! But I have a question...

How do I run my MP3 backing tracks on my PC into the LE and out to headphones for late nite jamming?

You wouldn't. You're run the backing tracks and the LE into a small mixer, and plug the phones into the mxer. You may be able to plug the Tonelab into your computer and play the guitar and tracks at the same time through the computer too.

Archived