DigiTech iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard

Anderton

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by drob

View Post

Did anyone else notice that Digitech has removed the iPB-10 discussion from their community boards? Or is it just me? Kind of strange!!

I did not notice as I have long ago stopped going there. Quite a tough forum software to navigate and collaborate over. Its much better here.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mck

View Post

I did not notice as I have long ago stopped going there. Quite a tough forum software to navigate and collaborate over. Its much better here.

I agree! The forum seems to have shown back up over there though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drob

View Post

I agree! The forum seems to have shown back up over there though.

Not going back there until DigiTech puts in a forum matching the quality of their excellent products. IMHO that forum as it stands does more harm to the brand than anything else. Summer is around the corner. Hire a few summer interns if you can't afford any decent webbies and get that thing sorted out DigiTech. You really owe it to your customers and brand. Till then I'm not going there. For what its worth.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep

View Post

Our Web Dude is doing some stuff, sorry about that.

No offense to your web dude as this type of decision is usually requires a few pointy haired bosses but please pass it along that the current forum software is not at all working in your brand's favor. It makes collaboration tough if not impossible and does not speak well for DigiTech at all. I would vote for nuking it and starting from scratch. Look at this forum for inspiration if needed. There are many many great examples out there.

• Members

View Post

We are acutely aware of how bad our forum is. We are taking steps to fix the forum but we are stretched pretty thin right now and it won't be quick.

Great to hear! First step to recovery is acceptance! Thank you very much for that.

As for resources needed... my suggestion is to keep it simple. An out of the box SMF or VBulletin etc rollout is not that big a deal. When you overthink the requirements while resources are thin you never get there. My humble suggestion. I'll stop taking this thread OT now. All the best and thanks once again!

• Members

Just picked up an iPB-10 on Friday and have been playing around with it ever since. Prior experience with Digitech products and the direct interaction on this forum really helped to solidify my decision.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this as a feature request, but I would LOVE to have a polyphonic tuner built-in as an option over the standard tuner already in there. I am spoiled by my Hardwire HT-6 and having that functionality built-in to the iPB-Nexus app would just be sweet.

Can't wait for the coming feature update!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reposed Roller

View Post

I don't think anyone has mentioned this as a feature request, but I would LOVE to have a polyphonic tuner built-in as an option over the standard tuner already in there. I am spoiled by my Hardwire HT-6 and having that functionality built-in to the iPB-Nexus app would just be sweet.

Not built in, but there is an app for that... HardWire HT-6 FastTune $4.99 in App Store. I got it when it was free. Works fine with the iPB-10.

• Members

View Post

We are acutely aware of how bad our forum is. We are taking steps to fix the forum but we are stretched pretty thin right now and it won't be quick.

It isn't the greatest, but it works. Any reason you hang out here and not there? Most of the guys there are more frustrated by a lack of answers than the product. No matter... I am much happier after reading through this thread. This is a much better community too. 1000 bonus points for Craig and the DT Rep!

If I say Tap Tempo 20 times, can I get it bumped up the list? Tap tempo, tap tempo, tap tempo, tap tempo...

Also a +1 for the feature request for more time to choose a patch after going up or down a bank, as well as sharing patches through any means possible, though why not email to start? If you don't have file formats figured out yet, I can imagine why this is slow in coming. I'll happily wait for that one to be solid. It would be great if we could record 5 seconds of playing the patch and have that stored with the patch. It would be very useful for working with the library offline as well as sharing patches.

Very excited to hear multiple of every effect is on the features list. Hoping that multiple assigns per effects switch is there too. I don't think it matters if they don't show up on the screen, just let us overload the switches and put the letter over the pedal in the full pedalboard screen.

And FORGET XEdit! -1 in my opinion. I don't want any features outside of the iPad. That's going backwards. Let's improve the librarian functions to make it easy to build set lists through dragging (similar to Apple's Music app and playlists). I would love to be able to store set lists. I think a lot of us juggle our presets to make room for the current set, and would be cool to be able to quickly go back to our normal layout after a gig. It would also be cool to have a way to build and email a cheat sheet like MediaMan's as a backup to the iPad.

Any comments on how you choose to bundle features in releases? Most apps seems to do smaller more frequent releases, but DT seems to do fewer bigger releases. It is a shame if the whole release is held back for one problematic feature (especially if that's not tap tempo, tap tempo, tap tempo...).

Craig, one thing that's been missing in your review is the joy of owning an iPad for a musician. My practices have been completely revolutionized by Anytune Pro. Best phrase looper I've ever used. I also use Planning Center Online for scheduling, and along with any of the various Download apps, it is nice for pulling down MP3 and PDF files. Looking for a good recommendation for a PDF page turning pedal. And of course, GarageBand is great for recording and gets better every update. That was my original excuse to get an iPad. We just had a practice where we had no drums available, but got by very nicely with a GarageBand drum set. The drummer was beside himself all night! And that's just the music stuff! I just got a new iPad because I couldn't keep the old iPad out of my wife's hands. Now we're both happy!

OK... I think I finally caught up with this thread! (Heads back to corner to be quiet for a while...)

• Members

Hey Rizza, I see you made it over to this thread .

Good stuff !

I have to check out "any tune pro" . I am not familiar with that.

Just a note on X edit.

I think as an "optional viewer" it will be a great tool for thoses of us who at times want one tweakable screen . I also like the way the EQ settings are laid out. Just a personal preference. Not to take the main nexus view out, just to add the x edit as an option.

And from what I read so far, it seems that tap tempo made top of the list for the upcoming update (at least I think it did) smile.gif

• Members

Hi All,

I've made it over from the digitech forums. I'm happy that the reps respond here. You would think that they would respond there too but this is good for now.

My biggest wish for the ibp-10 is the update that lets us share presets. Hopefully that will see the light of day soon.

• Members

So, I am new to this forum and new to the iPB-10. I just hooked my new unit up to my Hotrod Deville 212 using the 4CM and the tones I'm getting are all a little muddy & just don't sound right to me. I'm not sure if my amp doesn't like the PB or my settings are all wrong... I have adjusted this thing from all angles, even put an MXR Distortion pedal in the stomp loop and I am still not completley happy. Played with a Strat & a Les Paul... If anybody is running this unit through a Hotrod that can make some suggestions I would be most appreciative...

If I can get the tone out of thing that suits me, I would have to say that this is the best Multi-effects unit on the market today.. (that is if your not filthy rich and don't know the value of a dollar) The user interface alone is so simple and easy to use that it's perfect for the gig'n guitar player. No, I am not worried about stomping on my iPad!! I'm in the construction business and use an iPad in the field every day... These things are tougher than they look and all the proof I really need is that my kids haven't been able to break it yet!!

Like most of y'all (yes I am from Texas) I am waiting on and looking forward to the "Features" update; tap tempo, patch sharing and so on, but til then maybe there is a way to share our personal patches by just listing the settings we use... just an idea, not sure if anyone would want to spend the time filling out a speadsheet...

lastley can anyone explain how the 3 band EQ works? Does it work like a crossover? and what are the sinewave selector switches all about?

Thanks in advance to any and all who may reply.

Peace

• Members

Thanks DigiTechRep,

Maybe "muddy" was a wrong word choice. It seems that when I dial in the highs, I loose some reponse in the bottem end. When I dial in the lows the highs start to sound flat... I'm not sure if the problem is in my gear or in my head, but I will give the straight hook up another listen tonight.

Thanks again

• Members

Practicing/Recording

Hello Everyone:

Great forum over here, and many thanks to Rizza for recommending.

I just got my iPB-10 this weekend, and it is awesome. I am using the latest iPad and have the Garage Band on it, as well as Garage Band on MacBook Pro. Here are my questions:

-What is the easiest way for me to 'record tracks' when I am using my iPB-10?

-When I practice with my MacBook Pro or Mac Mini, I will use Garage Band to create loops for me to practice with. Is there a way that anyone knows where I could do something similar just with my iPad when also using my iPB-10?

Thanks.

DC

• Members

Danimal - it is super easy to record to GarageBand on the iPad. Set your tone in Nexus and switch over to GarageBand. I usually just create a quick beat in the Smart Drums, adjust the tempo in the settings, set the key while I'm there, add a new guitar track, and hit record. You may have to adjust the mix between iPad sounds on GarageBand and the guitar sounds from the iPB. You do that in the settings in Nexus. There are separate sliders for 1/4 and XLR outs. I usually have it almost all the way to the right to balance my guitar with GarageBand.

If you already have loops on your Mac, I think you just need to connect the iPB-10 to your computer via USB. I haven't done that yet because I love the simple workflow on the iPad. It is easy and fun, where GarageBand on the Mac feels like work to me. There are Apple Loops in GarageBand too that are fun to play with, but usually I do that when I don't have a guitar in my hands! You also can transfer GarageBand files between the iPad and the Mac via iTunes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PCM274

View Post

The issue isn't that I sound horrible, it's more of the unit not meeting my expectations. As we all know expectations are subjective...

My best advice is to start with a blank pedal board and add in one effect at a time and tweak every knob. It's so easy to do and I've learned a lot. I've never been happy with the DT Noise Gate until the iPB. I've learned that where I play, if I don't set the Threshold to 40, I get a nasty hum when not playing. Set it to 40, and I'm silent. At home I don't hear it. As soon as I hear it at band practice with a new patch, I dive straight to the noise gate and fix it. You don't learn that without diving in to each pedal.

It was also my experience that I had to tweak a lot of the presets before I was happy with them. Don't judge what the pedal can do from the presets.

I also find that I EQ each patch differently for the song I'm playing. The 3 band EQ is great. I adjust the frequency and Q to accentuate the main riffs and clean up what I don't want to hear. I don't use an amp, so usually I just sweeten the sound on the amp model EQ. With an amp you may need to set your controls different than you're used to. Happy hunting...

• Members

View Post

lastley can anyone explain how the 3 band EQ works? Does it work like a crossover? and what are the sinewave selector switches all about?

The sine wave selectors set the bandwidth (or "Q") around your selected frequency to boost or cut, from a very wide width to more of a notch filter. This article may explain it a little better: http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-2023/version/2

• Members

View Post

So, I am new to this forum and new to the iPB-10. I just hooked my new unit up to my Hotrod Deville 212 using the 4CM and the tones I'm getting are all a little muddy & just don't sound right to me. I'm not sure if my amp doesn't like the PB or my settings are all wrong... I have adjusted this thing from all angles, even put an MXR Distortion pedal in the stomp loop and I am still not completley happy. Played with a Strat & a Les Paul... If anybody is running this unit through a Hotrod that can make some suggestions I would be most appreciative...

If I can get the tone out of thing that suits me, I would have to say that this is the best Multi-effects unit on the market today.. (that is if your not filthy rich and don't know the value of a dollar) The user interface alone is so simple and easy to use that it's perfect for the gig'n guitar player. No, I am not worried about stomping on my iPad!! I'm in the construction business and use an iPad in the field every day... These things are tougher than they look and all the proof I really need is that my kids haven't been able to break it yet!!

Like most of y'all (yes I am from Texas) I am waiting on and looking forward to the "Features" update; tap tempo, patch sharing and so on, but til then maybe there is a way to share our personal patches by just listing the settings we use... just an idea, not sure if anyone would want to spend the time filling out a speadsheet...

Thanks in advance to any and all who may reply.

Peace

I have my iPB-10 hooked up directly to my DeVille main input as the digitech rep suggested. I am able to get great sound out of it. I would suggest going that route. May also have to tweak the EQ pedal a bit or take it out and just tweak the amp and virtual amp settings. One thing there is NO shortage of with this thing is the ability to tweak!!

• Members

I've had my iPB-10 for a couple of days now and I've gotta say I'm more than happy with it! I had a Line6 M13 beforehand and IMO the iPB-10 blows it away!

Though I do wish I could use more than one OD pedal in the same patch, I like to have a little crunch for chords then hit the second OD for soloing.

Is it possible to swap patches from bank to bank without overwriting a patch?

And has anyone found a decent case for these things yet?

Archived