HC KSS Synth Demos

clusterchord

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So... I ditched my Sunsyn. It sounded fabulous, but somehow the sound didn't fit with my current music... So... I got a Studio Electronics Omega 8 instead
:)

And
here
is a demo of a few patches I made. Not groundbreaking stuff, just some traditional synth sounds that I like, pads etc. All dry, no limiting (turn up the volume), no nuttin'... except for that very last bit.

- CM

Holy {censored}, Carey, that thing has a GREAT sound to it. It has a depth to its sound that I think aficionados usually associate strictly, or mainly, with vintage gear.

• Members
Holy {censored}, Carey, that thing has a GREAT sound to it. It has a depth to its sound that I think aficionados usually associate strictly, or mainly, with vintage gear.

I'd argue that the Sunsyn had more of that vintage-gear-depth, but the Omega does have more of that vintage-gear-character... I'm probably not making any sense :D But yeah, I'm really liking the Omega :) Compared to the Sunsyn, it's a much better fit for someone into Stevie Wonder, ELO and Pink Floyd.

- CM

• Members
Unbelievable sound! And a fantastic programming!

Don't know about fantastic programming, these were merely the sort of basic synth sounds I always wanted to hear from an Omega, ie. something totally different from the demos on SE's website.

I'll still relish your compliment :)

- CM

• Members

And
is a demo of a few patches I made. Not groundbreaking stuff, just some traditional synth sounds that I like, pads etc. All dry, no limiting (turn up the volume), no nuttin'... except for that very last bit.

- CM

Perkele!!! This sounds really good !!!

Hey man, give us some more please !!

• Members

Oberheim OB-1

ob2lq2.jpgob3xh5.jpg

And now some rare stuff. You won't find much infos and samples on the web from this unit. Here are some detailed photos of the OB-1's panel, so you get the idea what it's capable of.

In short:

• Two VCOs

• Two sub oscillators(!)

• PWM

• X-mod

• Osc sync

• Morphing a saw into triangle (via manual/env/lfo)

• 2 pole filter

• 4 pole filter

• Two envelopes

• Discrete design
Multi Track Demo - all sounds including drums were made on OB-1. No effects. Straight into DAW.

Modular 1 - Having fun with all the modulation routings

Modular 2 - Some more fun with modulations

Modular 3 - Even more fun...

Solo - up and down with a sweet filter

Metal Cans - Xmod + noise

2 Osc + 1 Sub - a lot of power in the low end

Sub - sub oscillator only through 4 pole

EDIT: Sorry i just couldn't resist:

ob1cr4.jpg

• Members

Here's a quick demo I made when I got my Rev 3 MKS-80.

First part: S&H on filter & PWM, unison mode. Second part, ARP 2600-like. Third part, bass w/velocity. Fourth part, Oberheim-like brass pad. Fifth part, same pad, cranking filter resonance up and down.

dsc03615.jpg

• Members

I've posted these on the main forum, but not in this thread, where Clusterchord has done a fabulous job of organizing these demos. (See page 1 of this thread!)

Yamaha SY99 programs:

Roche 5
Looping String patch
French Horns (FR.Horn samples routed through FM oscillators, for expressive distortion.)
Alaska
Tangerine Dream
Working
Big Guy - dry and swept
Digital Guitar
THX audio - my version
FM Square
Clockwork
Monolith & Apocalypse
Base Alarm sound - modified
Guitar Harmonic & Pitchshifter - dry/wet
Harmonica
Breath Controlled Sax

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have basically just been playing around with it, reading the manual along side just to learn the features of it so far, so I havent written a whole lot with it, but I thought I would post a little clip of something I have been working on to give some people an idea of what it sounds like, and an idea of some new material I have been working on.

Its a remix of a song from my band Kryszt, http://www.kryszt.com/audio/n3wt_speckie_demo.mp3, one take with only the spectralis.

if your interested in checking out the actual unit, here the manufactures website
http://www.spectralis.de/english/english.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Mostly a demo of poly AT; mapped to filter cutoff. Unedited improv (such as it is) with no post-tweaking; unapologetically soupy. I used Logic's ES2 with the settings you see here. On the ES2 "Touch" will respond to either channel or poly AT (or both--weird).

carpenter

poly_demoES2.jpg

• Members
posted by Pix on VSE. its fkin huge, arround 56 MB !!

i haven't had time to d/l yet, so can't comment on the quality yet, but so far, judging by jomox site demos i think this is an awesome modern polyanalog. not warm as omega perhaps, but punchy and ripping.. hardware envelopes and a very flexible multimode filter (you can mod btwn for ex 2--pole and 3-pole outputs etc..). i think its made for upbeat electronica like trance, dance psy,..

http://pixmusic.net/audio/sunsyn_raw.mp3

and here's TONS more SunSyn demos, found on sequencer.de forum:

www.audio-head.de/stromathmopadsun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/hoellenfeuerdigipadsun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/sauflaechenRESOsun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/stoerFMsun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/dreckfmsun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/industsun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/muuhgresoblipdarkbass.mp3

www.audio-head.de/muuhgsunbass.mp3

www.audio-head.de/tekkARPsun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/tekkARPsun2.mp3

www.audio-head.de/saegensun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/saegensun2.mp3

www.audio-head.de/uiiihpsun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/velobazzsun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/CS80likehipasspadsun.mp3

www.audio-head.de/ebmclassicsun.mp3

www.pdt-electro.de/mp3/sunsyn1.mp3

www.pdt-electro.de/mp3/sunsyn2.mp3

www.pdt-electro.de/mp3/sunsyn3.mp3

www.pdt-electro.de/mp3/sunsyn4.mp3

Shoot, most of the files are gone... Would've loved to hear them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived