ATTN: Gegg&H

lndianScout

• Members
I think I misunderstood the situation in my last post; I thought Gegg&H had bought a guitar that smells bad. Seems the guitar was returned to him in that condition... In that case it is utterly unacceptable for IndianScout not to compensate him for a new case and the cost of cleaning. If you return something significantly altered from its initial state then you should expect to have to pay; it's pretty simple.

$200 is a pretty conservative amount to ask for. If IndianScout wants to make things right, he should pay at least that much.

hey man he's native american AND his wife is dying, surely that exempts him from all societal expectations

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
hey man he's native american AND his wife is dying, surely that exempts him from all societal expectations

nice attempt, I hope one of your family members get sick so they get made fun of too, how childish...

the fact is I think he's asking too much and now they have cut me so I only have SSDI to live on and they cut into that too..

so I don't have the funds, so no excuse just the truth..

and please leave my wife out of this along with my culture you don't have a clue other than to bash both..

• Members

Look IndoScout,

Pay the man $64 and get ready to take it in the ass,

OR

Pay the man $200 and get ready to take it in the ass.

The only person you have to man up to is yourself. Quit trying to cater to the forum or repair your reputation. They're both dead to you. Just do what you have to do and take care of business.

• Members
Look IndoScout,

Pay the man $64 and get ready to take it in the ass,

OR

Pay the man $200 and get ready to take it in the ass.

The only person you have to man up to is yourself. Quit trying to cater to the forum or repair your reputation. They're both dead to you. Just do what you have to do and take care of business.

first sensible post I've read,

I fully agree

• Members
nice attempt, I hope one of your family members get sick so they get made fun of too, how childish...

the fact is I think he's asking too much and now they have cut me so I only have SSDI to live on and they cut into that too..

so I don't have the funds, so no excuse just the truth..

and please leave my wife out of this along with my culture you don't have a clue other than to bash both..

omfg im on your side here

i know your pain, both my wife, brother, and three kids are sick...and my utility company still excepts me to pay bills?? :facepalm:

• Members
The only person who you agree with so far, is the only one who has told you not to pay anything (and also the one who told you that to set something straight is to be raped anally).

You didn't respond to my question. Why am I not surprised?

no I did read your question, there are no deep gouges or anything on this guitar, just some odor that will go away,

that is no reason to throw away a case, we have stuff blessed all the time and I know for a fact it does go away..

as far as the wife I brought her up because of our situation, not to be ridiculed and poked fun at..

Large I feel for you and your family, but at least you are able to work, I can't anymore..

whoever said that retirement was enjoyable I'd like to hit them in the mouth..

your house becomes a prison..

• Members
no I did read your question, there are no deep gouges or anything on this guitar, just some odor that will go away,

that is no reason to throw away a case, we have stuff blessed all the time and I know for a fact it does go away..

as far as the wife I brought her up because of our situation, not to be ridiculed and poked fun at..

Large I feel for you and your family, but at least you are able to work, I can't anymore..

whoever said that retirement was enjoyable I'd like to hit them in the mouth..

your house becomes a prison..

Listen, honestly, it sounds like you're having a hell of a time over there and I'm sorry about that.

But if I were you, I'd fix this mess. I wouldn't care about getting away cheap, I'm talking about making sure the one you made the transaction with is fully satisfied. Everyone on the forum sees you as a pest these days and that can't feel good. Make sure that at least one transaction ends up fine, so that, the next time someone brings this up, you or someone else can respond "we've dealt with that and the guy was satisfied at the end".

Not to mention it will help you sleep at night.

• Members

as I have stated before, I will do what I can when I can, I am not trying to skip out on my responsibilities or I wouldn't even bother posting.

coming from a different culture being blessed by the pipe is a great honor to be included in a pipe ceremony, I always have my guitars out when we have one so they can be blessed also..

maybe I was wrong as not everyone understands or cares for our religion or ways, but it is ours..

for a person to claim that it stinks and to scrub it off is actually a great insult not only to me but my family too...

I am sorry..

• Members
as I have stated before, I will do what I can when I can, I am not trying to skip out on my responsibilities or I wouldn't even bother posting.

coming from a different culture being blessed by the pipe is a great honor to be included in a pipe ceremony, I always have my guitars out when we have one so they can be blessed also..

maybe I was wrong as not everyone understands or cares for our religion or ways, but it is ours..

for a person to claim that it stinks and to scrub it off is actually a great insult not only to me but my family too...

I am sorry..

Fact is, the guitar should have been returned in its original state. I can't believe you're pulling the "you don't accept my culture" card in trying to get out of this. That point is moot.

The exact $ amount should be held private between you and Gregg, but I will say you do owe reparation for the actions you've taken. Your internet reputation is already shot, but this may be one step towards some damage control that you desperately need.

Good luck to both of you.

• Members

I agree that the guitar should have been returned in the same state. (no smell, etc)

That being the case, I realise 200 bones is hard to swallow. I personally would have set the case out on my screened porch for a day or two like I do with coats that I have worn to a smoke filled place... maybe use some odor remover. Throwing it away may be a little much in my opinion. He could have demanded reimbursement and sent it back to IS. Or sold it to a gigging guitar player would have made more sense. (they would be bringing it into smokey bars all the time)

I dunno if I would have taken it to a luthier to clean either... but that was his choice and considering he was the one slighted with the transaction, I guess he has a right to do as he wishes.

I see both sides I guess. Although IS was obviously the cause of the problem, so in the end it is his responsibility to make it right.

• Members

in no way am I pardoning IS here but any guitar that has been "infected" with smoke for one day will not smell like that forever, period. The fact that a "vintage" Ibanez was thrown away because of one day of sage and tobacco smoke is ridiculous. Do not get me wrong I would be pissed if my {censored} came back smelling like an Indian Pow Wow but to throw away a case and then to pay someone to take the smell out of your guitar seems insane. This coming from someone who hates cigarette smoke or any other type of funky smelling {censored}.

• Members

I can't say for sure what this particular guitar and case smelled like, but I think some of you are underestimating the persistence and strength of some odors. I once purchased a guitar that reeked so badly that I couldn't play it or get near it - the case was even worse. This was a $1000+ guitar, and I am by no means a wealthy person, yet still I would not play it. The smell did not go away either, no matter what how much I tried to clean it out.

So, I'm just saying, don't underestimate how affective it might have been.

• Members

ok here's the deal

I will start making him payments since I can't pay the money all at once, but here are my conditions..

1. you send me the supposed stinky case back, since I gig I will use it for one of my LP's. If I am going to pay for it, I want it.

2. Produce me a reciept of the luthier repair with phone number that I can call and verify.

3. did you know that ozium spray immediately removes tobacco and weed smells.. more info here

How to remove smells from a guitar or other musical instrument

We have seen several ways that people have tried to remove tobacco & sweat odor from their instruments. Some of them can be more destructive to the finish. We've even seen people just have the finish removed and replaced. Some methods of removal are only temporary or maybe just masking the tobacco smell. There are one or two ways the smell can be reduced over time. One or two of the best we've found do include spray products, but not sprayed directly onto the instrument.
Our favorite is Ozium - This is an air sanitizer product that neutralizers smells very effectively. Ozium is available at drug stores & other retailers across the US. Just try a web search for Ozium. Never try to directly apply products to your guitar in the hope that they will magically make the smell go away - There is no such thing & you are more likely to do damage this way. If your guitar has a case, it will also likely be smoke affected.
Clean the guitar with your favorite polish and cloth. Clean out your guitar case, spray inside the case with Ozium - Do not make the inside of the case wet with chemical - Follow the directions for use & spray sparingly. Wait a minute, then place your guitar back in its case. Repeat this every few days or at least every week. Ozium is a neutralizer that does not simply mask the smoke smell.
Over time you will find a difference.

you provide these items and I will start making payments to you, I will also make the payment records available here in the forums for everyone to see.

If you cannot provide these items, then something is fishy and the deal is off..

Indian

• Members

ok here's the deal

I will start making him payments since I can't pay the money all at once, but here are my conditions..

1. you send me the supposed stinky case back, since I gig I will use it for one of my LP's. If I am going to pay for it, I want it.

2. Produce me a reciept of the luthier repair with phone number that I can call and verify.

3. did you know that ozium spray immediately removes tobacco and weed smells..
more info here

you provide these items and I will start making payments to you, I will also make the payment records available here in the forums for everyone to see.

If you cannot provide these items, then something is fishy and the deal is off..

Indian

I think you still would owe him the shipping regardless... :confused:

I would want the case back too though. (but would pay to ship it back to myself)

And a receipt... makes sense.

• Members

Ive been watching this but staying uninvolved for a LONG time now, but I need to say something right now... Demands, IS? DEMANDS!? How are you in any place to talk like that. Your attitude should be;

" I am sorry for what has transpired here and I admit that I am fully at fault. However, for my own peace of mind I would like the case back and receipt for the cleaning costs. Having said that, I will also pay the cost of shipping to have the case returned to me."

This is just sad how often your tone changes based on what corner you have been backed into...

• Members

I'm not calling you out on what you're asking. I am calling out your attitude on here, not only in this post, but in general. You are incredible hostile and offensive (not as in unpleasant, but as in attacking Gregg&H for wanted his money and being offended by your behavior), and then turning right around and playing the victim as soon as pressure mounts on you.

I think what you are asking is reasonable (in spite of everything you have done so far) but you absolutely need to change your tone if you ever want any hope of being respected here again (much less dealt with).

• Members

I will say this, throwing the case out is completely unnecessary.... any music store that is a full line store, meaning they sell school band stuff as well as guitars, should have a bottle of "case fresh" on hand. It's a neutralizer that is sold by Allied Supply among other places, meant for musty horn cases. It will take the smell out of darn near any case. I have sprayed cases that were so bad with mildew that they set my allergies off, but after spraying with case fresh and setting them where they can air out for a day, they were completely usable.