Kraftwerk......................Pocket Calculator

spring to mind

:):)

• Members

Born to Run - Springsteen
Hush - Deep Purple
My Old School, Kid Charlemagne, Reelin' In The Years - Steely Dan
Layla - Eric and Ds original version.

Admittedly nothing feel-good lyrically in the above. I just love the tunes.

• Members

Varies a lot with me. Sometimes some good over the top Black or Thrash metal is just the thing for chilling out and happy mood Other times some elecronica, goth, or whatever is playing on rock radio station. So for me its partly whats in the mood for, & partly just hearing a band haveing fun playing.

• Members
Originally posted by urbanscallywag

I don't think I've ever seen it straight through.

I only watch Tron, Ghostbusters, or Office Space alone.
;)

I watch Tron and Ghostbusters alone monthly. (I think we've had this conversation before though.) :D My two favorite movies of all time. Not that they are cinematic masterpieces, or extremely deep and involving, but they are extremely fun, silly, and interesting. Plus the soundtrack to Tron is incredible.

Anyway, as far as the topic goes, I'd go with a mixture of things. Perhaps some Jarre, Bladerunner Blues, some of the more spacey Future Sound of London stuff, and any other somewhat ambient, yet still musical music. That stuff always relaxes me.

• Members

Sinner6: Good stuff there. I don't know that I'd unwind with it, (though I suppose that would depend on my mood.) That, Off, Hardwired and perhaps Too Dark Park would fall into the non-relaxing-music-that-could-still-potentially-relax-me category. :D

• Members

"Save it for Later" - The English Beat
"September" - Earth, Wind & Fire
"Let's Get Retarded" - The Black Eyed Peas
"Born to Run" - Bruce Springsteen
"Come On, Come On" - Cheap Trick
"Rockaway Beach" - The Ramones
"California Love" - Tupac
"There She Goes Again" - The La's
"Aguas de Marco (Waters of March)" - Antonio Carlos Jobim and Elis Regina
"Naive Melody" - The Talking Heads

• Members

Tons of music I haven't heard (or remember) before! Thanks.

Re: Ghostbusters, yeah we've had this conversation. Just like the movies, it doesn't get old. I can't get over Ghostbusters, I mean every single line is a joke.

Ever heard that Jega track with the Tron "sequence" in the background? Its the first track on Geometry.

• Members

Originally posted by J3RK

Sinner6: Good stuff there. I don't know that I'd unwind with it, (though I suppose that would depend on my mood.) That, Off, Hardwired and perhaps Too Dark Park would fall into the non-relaxing-music-that-could-still-potentially-relax-me category.
:D

Heh, Too Dark Park was one of my choices for that post!

I think I may be wired backwards in that if I really want to be cheered up by music, I will put on the noisiest, most abrasive stuff I have. I chose "up Evil" because it truly (to this day) never fails to inspire and excite me...without being all that agressive.

What is "hardwired"? Mentioning it in the same sentence as TDP and OFF makes me think I may have missed out on something wonderful.

• Members

Originally posted by Sinner6

Heh, Too Dark Park was one of my choices for that post!

I think I may be wired backwards in that if I really want to be cheered up by music, I will put on the noisiest, most abrasive stuff I have. I chose "up Evil" because it truly (to this day) never fails to inspire and excite me...without being all that agressive.

What is "hardwired"? Mentioning it in the same sentence as TDP and OFF makes me think I may have missed out on something wonderful.

It's Frontline Assembly circa '96(ish) Quite possibly my favorite FLA album. (Neural Implant being the other possibility.)

Every once in a while I'm in that state. (where music like this puts me at ease) I used to listen to this sort of music when I'd go to sleep. Not as much anymore though. Now, pretty much anything that I like relaxes me. As for suggestions for other people though, I usually keep it to the softer, spacier electronic.

• Members

Although I know this is a keyboard forum (and I am in fact, a keyboard player, though I do play guitar as well), but some of my current fave feel-good tunes are mostly guitar-based rockers:

Back in Black - AC/DC
Best of My Love - The Emotions (w/EWF as the uncredited backing band, actually)
Better Now - Collective Soul
Diana - Bryan Adams (there's a sweet young coed lifeguard by that name at our community lake :p)
Highway to Hell - AC/DC
Hotel California (Live Version fr. Hell Freezes Over album) - Eagles
I'll Take You There - Staple Singers
Sing a Song - Earth Wind and Fire
You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate

:)

• Members

I cannot believe that no one mentioned

Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine

For a pick-me-up I also like

Sly & The Family Stone - I Want to Take You Higher

If you are willing to listen to gospel then go to Amazon and listen to clips of Sounds of Blackness - The Evolution of Gospel. My favorites are Optimistic, Pressure, Testify, He Holds the Future, and I'll Fly Away. A lot of variety of styles on this CD whiich I think was produced by Jam and Lewis. Africa to America: The Journey of the Drum was their next CD and is also pretty good. This is the two CD's I listen to at work when things are really getting bad. A lot of talent on those two CD's.

Robert

Archived