Korg Radias

Guest Anonymous

• Members

Yeah. It looks more like a silver MS2000R w/ a blue display.

Pure speculation on my part, but if you look carefully at the frame - it seems to be a three piece "system" - the Keyboard, the Module and the "Frame" holding it all.

The frame seems to have space for TWO modules, if you slide the single module shown over to the left or right. So, you want increased polyphony (over whatever it's already got), but you buy a second module and add that to the frame.

Hmmm.......

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the Radius looks really cool in those pics. Can't wait to see the specs.

this might be the first Korg that has piqued my interest in 6 years (last being the original Triton).

however, if it's anywhere near the price of the new Evolver keyboard.....

• Members

That hinged section looks like an old deck chair.

Yes, that really looks like a weak point in the construction quality to me. If you play a lot of gigs and move it around a lot, how soon before those support strutts get bent out of shape?

Still, it's an interesting looking little box!

• Members

Are those endless rotaries?

They look sort of like Nord 3 / G2 style knobs............

But without the little LED light ring around each knob........ ?

:confused:

Sharp looking piece, though.

Definitely more aesthetically interesting than the SH-201, but the SH wins points for its copious slidage.

• Members

I don't like the pink-lit buttons...looks cheap.

I do like the industrial design.

Seeing the KAOSS pad sitting on the extender in those pics makes me think they should make a custom holder that fits there for the KAOSS (so it wouldn't fall off or slide around, and you could tilt it up just like the synth faceplate).

• Members

Looks totaly fun!! Soo much fun stuff this year, who cares if it doesnt have 1000 note polyphony or cross mod with your sisters husbands unkles sons dogs vet's gay boyfriend.

Its got knobs and a spiffy sequencer if it sounds decent and is under 700 it will be mine

• Members

Originally posted by Mike51

this might be the first Korg that has piqued my interest in 6 years (last being the original Triton).

This might be the only Korg product that has ever interested me. Looks like fun. (rack version)

• Members

Looks like some cool features on there - a cross between an MS2000 & EMX. I like the idea of the vocoder memories, comb filter, formant oscillators, but can't see any information regarding memories for the step sequencer (which might limits its use for drum machine type duties.

Two step sequencers can record and play back performance data, each with up to 32 steps. By applying a step sequencer to a drum kit, you can use RADIAS as a programmable drum machine. Each step supports up to eight notes of polyphony, allowing the creation of dense sequenced passages and patterns that can be played back with just one finger. With sequence editing, you can adjust settings such as swing and gate time. The two step sequencers can be set to transpose live from the keyboard, and can also be linked to create a single step sequencer of up to 64 steps.Two step sequencers can record and play back performance data, each with up to 32 steps. By applying a step sequencer to a drum kit, you can use RADIAS as a programmable drum machine. Each step supports up to eight notes of polyphony, allowing the creation of dense sequenced passages and patterns that can be played back with just one finger. With sequence editing, you can adjust settings such as swing and gate time. The two step sequencers can be set to transpose live from the keyboard, and can also be linked to create a single step sequencer of up to 64 steps.

Archived