Korg Radias

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by suitandtieguy

okay now the question is:

can RADIAS be removed from the keyboard when you just want it in your rack or vice versa?

I think it could be. If it didn't, that would really be a dumb move by Korg, given the design of the keyboard.

• Members

Originally posted by spritex

Unrealistic expectations again, I suspect. I am sure it will be more than $1000.

The MS2000B is still $750 ($1100 retail) and this seems to be _much_ more powerful.

Im not sure it's unrealistic. The MS2000 was beaten in terms of specs by much cheaper synths. And with the excellent sound quality of many soft synths, va prices really have come down.

• Members

that's really a great desing - like minimoog done by Bang n Olafsen

specs are great no doubt about it, i wonder how it sounds. 2 filters is very nice. i pray they went away from their old VA code, as far as possible. altough i was dissapointed many times with any of the big three announcing "new" technologies i'd really like this to be true this time, for their MMT (multiple modelling technology). i know its a PC running softsynth with sexy box, but lets wait n see ..

the step sequencing, arpeggiator and mod sequencing fetures are most intriguing to me. also, the ability to remove desktop from the keyboard is awesome..

i like the idea of "24 or less" voices , rather than fixed - it would have been less i'm sure. this way, you get to choose how to spend the resources.

.slide_radias1.jpg

• Members

Damn cool design there methinks, keine aftertouch which is a bit crap considering its got all that power.

You can guarantee this thing will be all over the stage shots of famous pop bands as was the micro korg. Korgs branding dept. are doing the biz.

padKontrol looks pretty cool aswell, can't find a pic to post though.

• Members

Okay, it's not cheap as I guessed. From the Korg Forums:

"Radias $1999, Radias-R $1899."

Also, the first mp3 at:

http://it-review.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=273&Itemid=107

(Still downloading it myself.)

As a side note:

"it seems as though Korg has another EXi almost ready" - for the Oasys that is. In addition of the STR-1 that is.

• Members

Originally posted by pighood

NI Reaktor....$395.

Of course, that is not a fair comparison given you have only quoted prices for software. Yes, I understand you already have a controller keyboard, a computer, and an audio interface. However, my point is you are not comparing "apples to apples".

A more appropriate comparison would be to compare the Korg Radias to other 49-key synths.

• Members

Originally posted by G-bus

Looks cool. Korg's site states the max poly is 24 voices. I wonder how much it gets in practice?

Looks like a promising little board/module.

I'm sure that it's model dependent. Probably 24 voices for VA, but maybe fewer for the more esoteric models.

• Members

Originally posted by MartinHines

Of course, that is not a fair comparison given you have only quoted prices for software. Yes, I understand you already have a controller keyboard, a computer, and an audio interface. However, my point is you are not comparing "apples to apples".

A more appropriate comparison would be to compare the Korg Radias to other 49-key synths.

Alesis Ion....MSRP $799. Case closed.

V.

Archived