OT: Isaac Hayes, Tom Cruise & the South Park Scientology Flap

GigMan

• Members

We can speculate if isaac left because of health or scientology but the proof is in the pudding. Trey parker and Matt stone didn't seem aware of any health condition. If you saw the south park premiere this wensday you know what I'm saying. Isaac can back peddle all he wants. Everyone involved in scientology probably realizes how bad it looks right now. He was probably told to issue that statement to cover his and co$'s ass.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by dthestampede

We can speculate if isaac left because of health or scientology but the proof is in the pudding. Trey parker and Matt stone didn't seem aware of any health condition. If you saw the south park premiere this wensday you know what I'm saying. Isaac can back peddle all he wants. Everyone involved in scientology probably realizes how bad it looks right now. He was probably told to issue that statement to cover his and co$'s ass.

Isaac had a stroke in January - he may not have seen Trey or Matt since, if they've already "wrapped" the production of most of their current season...

I don't know - I'm guessing that although Isaac may indeed be a Scientologist, he wouldn't cut off that nice steady stream of income (from his role as Chef) on his own. I'm starting to believe the reports that he had a stroke and while he was incapacitated those press releases came out about his quitting and being offended about SP's "religious insensitivity."

The real proof will be if he indeed was recovering, gets better and contacts Matt & Trey. :eek:

• Members

Agreed, gigman, but Matt and Trey didn't seem to take to the whole situtation to lightly. Labeling chef and co$ child molesters and then offing chef. I like isaac's chacracter but if the stroke was in january then how come nobody got in touch with matt & trey. I'm just speculating but it sure does seem like a long time.

Ps if isaac was out cold don't you think matt & trey would've known they worked with the guy for ten years.

• Members

Consider the source of that "stroke" story.

It was reported in the NY Post - a very cynical very biased press that focus so much on sensationalism that it borders on tabloid press.

NYT hasn't reported it, CNN hasn't reported it - but CNN has a story that Tom Cruise is jumping on furniture again.

The "stroke" story was released by a member of $cientology. Co$ has always exploited the press with their half-truths or false stories to protect their image. It's been their modus operandi since the 1960s. Courts around the globe have reprimanded Co$ for their deceptive and manipulative tactics.

If your lies get exposed and you don't change your stripes, people stop listening to you.

The media has been wise to Co$ press manipulation for YEARS. They already had a story that Hayes quit, that he cashed plenty of checks from SP mocking religion until he suddenly got cold feet over his own cult getting mocked. Now the Co$ tries to claim he had health problems. Don't buy it.

Co$ tried to claim that Cruise had nothing to do with the south park Co$ episode getting pulled, but press stories suggest otherwise. They are among the best bullsh!t artists on the planet, Hubbard knew how to manipulate the press and his policies were agressive about the practice.

• Members

Originally posted by dthestampede

Agreed, gigman, but Matt and Trey didn't seem to take to the whole situtation to lightly. Labeling chef and co$ child molesters and then offing chef. I like isaac's chacracter but if the stroke was in january then how come nobody got in touch with matt & trey. I'm just speculating but it sure does seem like a long time.

Ps if isaac was out cold don't you think matt & trey would've known they worked with the guy for ten years.

Hmm... good point.

Archived