IMPORTANT - a Message from Frank Gambale

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by MorePaul

My apologies, I do notice a lot of keyboard induced typos as of late (I really should just swiap out this box -- can't code on it att all)

I can surely complete the sentences if you wish, I do use a prose style with "open" clauses --clauses that do not complete themselves...spurring the user to complete them. This is, most likely, a function of my profession where I use the technique to "synch" my teams. Instead of passively reading "closed", fully structured,monolithic statements - I find it forces completion of the thought by the reader, creating implied dialog as opposed to monologue.

The style may be overly prose - in the full sense - using the ryhtyms and ways of the spoken word, where one may use fragements

"but then again..."

"and so..."

Or using abstractions (I try to use quotes there to call those out - "the other" for instance, when talking about empathy, what other? ANY other)

while I find it extremely effective in other circumstances - this may not be an appropriate style here

admittedly, I play it a little to fast and loose, typing little responses in those "micro coffee breaks" and spare moments

I can certainly tighten it up if it is becoming a problem (which it appears to be)

Yeah. I think there might be a place for that type of dialogue...just not here. It sounds a little bit like Captian Kirk from StarTrek.

or

Yea, Other places (those not here in) appropriate it may be to speaketh

Of Captian Kirk (StarTrek being the series ofcourse) doth the inflections of ye written word remind

and to the day I bid you "cheers"

• Members

Originally posted by typedeaF

Yeah. I think there might be a place for that type of dialogue...just not here. It sounds a little bit like Captian Kirk from StarTrek.

We certainly have different communication styles and I am happy to accomodate your request.

It does seem as a newer generation users move in, the forum style requires a little more formality...I suppose the familiarity level is much lower among the newer guys and as such, a more structured approach may be needed (as the community isn't as peronally familiar and less common styles of communication may cause a loading -- ah, the search for the common denominator)

• Members

I would, at this time, like to forward a point for consideration.

Intellectual property can be a tricky concept for many (it's no accident that patent law is the only federally certified specialty in law) and attempting to understand the nature of uch property though analogy is fraught with the peril of translation error.

IP, as the more abstract concept of work product, is somewhat different than work (services) OR product (tangible property - real or personal)
With this difference comes some difference in the handling of the theft thereof (ie it differs from "theft of services" or "theft of tangible property")

Unlike theft of tangible property (where we, obviously, have a very clear deprivation of a indetifiable, quantifiable element - and of immediate cost to the owner) the deprivation of IP theft is of a right (and the opportunities that may come with the exercie of that right). Perhaps somewhat similar to theft of services

Unlike a service, IP can be reused or revisited and one can even divest themselves of the property. In this way, IP handles a bit more like tangible property

UNLIKE both, the value of IP is a little harder to quantify (With services, we may be able to determine a "market value" for time task/time. With tangibles we can, of course, generally determine a market value).

Also, UNLIKE tangible property and services, the object of the IP can be duplicated; which makes quantifying effects yet more difficult.

Because of the inherent differences in type of property (and theft thereof) I urge caution when using analogy to understand IP

• Members

We certainly have different communication styles and I am happy to accomodate your request.

It does seem as a newer generation users move in, the forum style requires a little more formality...I suppose the familiarity level is much lower among the newer guys and as such, a more structured approach may be needed (as the community isn't as peronally familiar and less common styles of communication may cause a loading -- ah, the search for the common denominator)

Newer generation? You assume too much. I have been doing forums, newsgroups, IRC and BBS's for quite a long time. Never has the language been this strange beat poet type that you use. I suppose in a few D&D or MUD type environment I have seen this kind of "role playing". You have a right to post however you please, so by all means continue to do as you have. I just think that you will be inviting confusion. Cheers

• Members

Newer generation? You assume too much.

sadly,it appears we both do -- I was referring not to Forums, BBSs, etc in general but the newer gen of HC users

Never has the language been this strange beat poet type that you use.

here, again, we are compliments as it hasn't, until now, been problematic for me(granted, typographicals have gone through the roof with the new box - not a glidepoint fan)

I suppose in a few D&D or MUD type environment I have seen this kind of "role playing".

funny thing - no roleplaying - this is who I am, this is how I "talk"

(yes, in expository speech,I do digress - and in my prose that is reflected in the use of appositives, parentheticals, and the like -- part of having a highly associative thought process I'm told.)

and my rhythms and patterns do change given the context as langauge is ahighly elastic tool- it is just natural for me...to talk as I do

so by all means continue to do as you have

I was under the impresion you were asking me earlier to do just that

Slow down and try making your thoughts and comments more complete. Preview your post and look for all the spelling errors and such.

• Members

Newer generation? You assume too much.

sadly,it appears we both do -- I was referring not to Forums, BBSs, etc in general but the newer gen of HC users

Never has the language been this strange beat poet type that you use.

here, again, we are compliments as it hasn't, until now, been problematic for me(granted, typographicals have gone through the roof with the new box - not a glidepoint fan)

I suppose in a few D&D or MUD type environment I have seen this kind of "role playing".

(yes, in expository speech,I do digress - and in my prose that is reflected in the use of appositives, parentheticals, and the like -- part of having a highly associative thought process I'm told.)

and my rhythms and patterns do change given the context as langauge is ahighly elastic tool- it is just natural for me...to talk as I do

so by all means continue to do as you have

I was under the impresion you were asking me earlier to do just that

Slow down and try making your thoughts and comments more complete. Preview your post and look for all the spelling errors and such.

Fair enough. I think that I have a better grasp of what the problem is for me. Your sentences are generally run ons with comma splices that rarely have complete subject/verb completeness.

Example:

Added to that the semi random shifting in thought that you include in parenthesis. And within the parenthesis, you use the double hypen as another "aside".

example:

Finally add to that the grammatical errors caused due to your new computer. No example is needed here.

In spoken language it may be easier to understand you with the aid of pauses and such. *shrug* I am sorry I assumed you are role playing or acting. I guess the places I have lived have sheltered me from other individuals such as yourself who speak as such. The fact that I mentioned BBS, IRC, and othes is because even though I have only lived in 7 different cities in 5 different US States, I have been a member of the online community for a few decades. Computers are my second passion and my career, so I have spent quite a lot of time communicating with other individuals around the world. If the way you type is simply just the way you think, then I apologize for offending you. I do however, wonder why in a non real time chat environment such as a forum, you wouldnt take the time to collect and organize your words in a fashion that would draw less attention to yourself. To me, it would be like stu-stu-stu-stuttering in a forum.

Its sad that this is probably the most interesting topic I have found on the forum in a few days. Hearing the same old same old questions about "learning modes" "how to practice" "developing speed" "buying books" "blah" has gotten a little trite lately. :(((

• Members

Newer generation users?? I didn't know you could use a generation. Do everyone a favor and refrain from using big words until you take a class in Grammar 101.

• Members
Originally posted by PRSnotPOS

Newer generation users?? I didn't know you could use a generation.

I do suppose (and I'm not entirely sure, I'm really not that well versed) MLA standard would be to hyphenate

Newer generation as "newer-generation" as one would "new-world" or "old-school"

Do everyone a favor and refrain from using big words until you take a class in Grammar 101.

hmm, I would think the grammar errors to be independent of the vocabulary

• Members

Fair enough. I think that I have a better grasp of what the problem is for me. Your sentences are generally run ons

typically, yes, it's a hazard of too much technical writing most probably - a"properly constructed" technical sentence is often "run-on" (for instance a patent claim)

with comma splices that rarely have complete subject/verb completeness.

Example:

True that, often with an issue surrounding style and a human connection, I will tend to use a "true prose" style with its inherent

Added to that the semi random shifting in thought that you include in parenthesis. And within the parenthesis, you use the double hypen as another "aside".

example:

It does tend to be (for good AND ill) a trait of associative thought.

Finally add to that the grammatical errors caused due to your new computer. No example is needed here.

It is a problem I hope to correct (oddly, the driver for the pointer has some inelegancies that are hard-coded)

In spoken language it may be easier to understand you with the aid of pauses and such.

When I find myself in "true prose" I do attempt to use (often ucceeding in merely over- or mis-using) extensive punctuation to imply the rhythm.

When working in more of an expository mode, I do tend to fall into "claims language" I suppose

*shrug* I am sorry I assumed you are role playing or acting.

No apology needed - The tragedy would be to NOT dicuss the issue.

I DO have to apologize for the typos (one terrible thing about this glide-point mess, is it isn't just transpositions, omissions and the like - the cursor can "jump" and crypto-edit areas)

I guess the places I have lived have sheltered me from other individuals such as yourself who speak as such.

This is not a problem, our world expands daily if we choose to let it. There are new experiences and new people to meet (or "meat" depending on your marital statu :) )

The fact that I mentioned BBS, IRC, and othes is because even though I have only lived in 7 different cities in 5 different US States, I have been a member of the online community for a few decades.

kick it old-school baby!

You and I are probably the only guys here who know to stripe our cardstacks (others : read that as "has-been" not "elite" ;) )

Computers are my second passion and my career, so I have spent quite a lot of time communicating with other individuals around the world.

Just think of it as jut another L10N issue

If the way you type is simply just the way you think, then I apologize for offending you.

no offense taken - please do NOT worry about that.

I do however, wonder why in a non real time chat environment such as a forum

I think, at its core, this may have to do with different use models. As I mentioned earlier, I often find myself in environments where the conversations aren't so much non-realtime, but as (and while I've encountered the concept before, I still haven't heard a really great term for it) "computer-time" wherein the conversation flows correclty, not to "realtime", but to the ticks of the replies.
In that mode, the various dangly bits, the "you fill in the blanks" incomplete statments, etc seem more effective.

, you wouldnt take the time to collect and organize your words in a fashion that would draw less attention to yourself. To me, it would be like stu-stu-stu-stuttering in a forum.

To be honest, this is really an unusual occasion, it has not presented itelf as a problem in the past.

Through my life have people commented on my communication style? Yes, but not in a particularly negative fashion, nor particularly strongly (generally in more of a "hmm, that's an interesting way of putting it" sense)

The organizations can sometimes tend to be less linear and more tree-like in their structure - it's actually proven to be of benefit with engineering docs, patent claims are relatively easy for me to navigate, etc

Again, not to worry, I have taken no offense and discussing this is a good thing!

• Members

You know, I hardly ever come down here to the loft, and I really should do it more often, I just might learn something. Anyways I came across this thread as I was in the mood to buy a "DYI" video, so blah blah blah, through the threads, and boom head shot! I hit this one, so in my video purchase travels I also happened apon FG's site, where I found this (badly copied, forgive me) two post thread on this very subject....as follows...

New Member posted 03-03-2006 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stilllovingthesweep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote I found this topic where somebody ripped your Modes video and uploaded it and a guy with a screen name of MorePaul is saying he is speaking for you on the topic.

True or not?

Here is the topic:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1179332

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Stilllovingthesweep (edited 03-03-2006).]

IP: Logged
FG
Member posted 03-04-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Those people are SCUM!!
FG

..end of clip....
um classy I guess FG??

anyways, with that out of the way, I am unfamiliar with FG's music, is he really the end all to be all as far as modes,a nd sweep picking? And for those keeping score, I ordered the J.Patruchi(sp?) Rock Discipline vid.

• Members

Dan;

I think it's totally healthy and wise to have independ verification that the attributed text originated with Frank

I have PM'd you some basic information about my contact to expedite the validation process

{edit : nevermind ! Cow thanks for the reply... basically, I just wanted to make sure the "frank quote" is the only thingattributed to Frank. The rest of my ramblings are all mine...there can onlly be one asshole that big, and it's me :) }

• Members

Originally posted by Cowinacape

You know, I hardly ever come down here to the loft, and I really should do it more often, I just might learn something. Anyways I came across this thread as I was in the mood to buy a "DYI" video, so blah blah blah, through the threads, and boom head shot! I hit this one, so in my video purchase travels I also happened apon FG's site, where I found this (badly copied, forgive me) two post thread on this very subject....as follows...

New Member posted 03-03-2006 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stilllovingthesweep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote I found this topic where somebody ripped your Modes video and uploaded it and a guy with a screen name of MorePaul is saying he is speaking for you on the topic.

True or not?

Here is the topic:

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Stilllovingthesweep (edited 03-03-2006).]

IP: Logged

FG

Member posted 03-04-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Those people are SCUM!!

FG

..end of clip....

um classy I guess FG??

anyways, with that out of the way, I am unfamiliar with FG's music, is he really the end all to be all as far as modes,a nd sweep picking? And for those keeping score, I ordered the J.Patruchi(sp?) Rock Discipline vid.

Hi,

I saw that same topic on Frank Gambale's board so I am not sure what to think. I am a very big fan of FG's so, I can break down his playing for you pretty well being you are thinking about buying a video of his. Before I do that, I can't speak for Frank but, I think had someone just uploaded a few video's of songs he has played he would not have gotten angry. I think what made him so angry is that the guy ripped the whole Modes video. In fact, I seached Gambale's board and someone posted a video link of him on his site. It was just a short clip of him playing a song and Frank did not seem to get angry about that so, I think it was the ripping of the whole video that pushed him over the top.

Now, on to Gambale's playing. The bottom line with Gambale is the word RANGE. Sure, he has great chops very fast and clean but, he is very understated about them in his music. He only breaks out the heavy fast chops when the song or solo calls for it. His music theory is outstanding. He understands the fretboard better than any player I have ever heard. So, he plays through very complex chord progressions which gives him so many more notes to play with. Most players are very diatonic in their playing so they only have so many notes to play with. They are mainly diatonic because those kind of chord progressions are very simple fun, but simple it's hard to play out of key with a diatonic chord progression. Being that they are so simple they only have so many notes in the chords to use so the player starts to play the same notes and runs over and over which gets boring.

With Gambale it's always very fresh because he understands the major scale and the modes that branch off from the major scale so well. So, his chord progressions have a very heavy complex use of the modes. The word fusion is very true with Gambale, he can play any style you can think of and with a masters touch.

Now, on to the videos. I have them all so I can tell you what you get.

1. Monster Licks and Speed Picking

It mainly deals with Gambale showing players how to use sweep picking for scales and arpeggios and to teach players how to build long flowing smooth licks using the style of picking.

2. Modes No More Mystery

It's a music theory video, Gambale breaks down the main mode shapes and how they sound and how they can be used.

3. Chopbuilder - The Ultimate Guitar Workout

It's just what it states, it's a workout a player can use to build his or her chops. In this video Gambale shows that he uses alternate picking a lot more than people think in fact, scale sweeping is a combination of alternate and sweeping techniques so if you want to learn how to scale sweep you better be a good alternate picker as well. I have heard Frank say he scale sweeps about 60% of the time and alternate picks the other 40% of the time.

4. Concert With Class

In this one Frank plays songs live for the opening half of the video then breaks down how he played them in the second have and what is going through his mind when writing and playing songs.

The bottom line is that with Gambale's video's you can't go wrong, they are that good.

• Members

I made comments in the doomed thread which spawned this outrage. I supposed I just have to post here some comments as well...

Before I do, I apologize with the other forum people & responsibles if my contributions to that discussion may cause problems to forum!! Let's hope not :cry:

I feel pretty hurt, because all I wanted to do is to share some opinion and discuss about them (I certainly have many more doubts on this topic than I have ideas I'm convinced of), and now I feel like we cannot even talk about it. Not being able to talk doesn't exactly look like promising for a future solution of a problem (small that our contribution may ever be...).

I've taken a look at the old thread by the way. It doesn't seem to me than anyone was promoting download or file sharing, or anything similar. We were just posing questions of legality (rather than morality).
The law on the matter doesn't seem to me easy to understand fully, and that's why I need to discuss it.
It's not easy because different countries have different laws, and the web as a whole doesn't exactly follow the same laws as a single country.
It's not easy because even the same country changes the law quite quickly, especially those countries (like US) where the judges' decisions have consequences on the next trials (in other countries is not the same).
And finally it's not easy because the medias give us information of the laws which are often incomplete, shady, emotional, and end up making us take side rather than knowing even how the laws exactly work.

Needless to say, Mr.Gambale's comment made me sad for the tone rather than the content, since he has full rights to protect his works of course.

"To (...) and anyone else who thinks copyright enfringement is a right of any

consumer

I don't think anyone in that thread advocated this opinion at all, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I suppose that downloading the video itself may mean that the downloader thought it was his right, while it really wasn't. But to be honest, it is not always easy. The web is still full of lots of free stuff. If I go to a website that seems legal, how do I know that the stuff is stolen and not a freeware demo? It's the same as going to a shop in the mall and be sold stolen goods... if the shopkeeper sells me stolen goods and I don't know, they should arrest him and not me?

Maybe the video had some copyright note (right, I know they must be easy to remove in any case...), but even in that case you would notice only after you've opened it.

I'm not talking about myself. I'm old enough to get it. But children and older people may not (I know for sure my parents would be totally lost...)

if artists do not get paid

because

of the proliferation of thieves and scoundrels stealing our work it will bring

the

whole industry to it's knees and remove any remaining incentive to make music,

dvds, books...everything...

No comment on the "thieves and scoundrels".

The moral obligation of defending the industry is certainly something I generally agree with.

But mine is only a moral/ethical defense, which must not be mistaken for benefit of economy. What if forbidding lots of internet traffic would bring the internet industry to its knees instead?
I think economy-based opinions here do not mingle well with questions of ethics.

In every industry there is a chain of

events that happens to produce and deliver products to market and this includes

intellectual products.

Yes but there is nothing holy about the nature of the chain. Industries are born, grow, wither, and die. Nobody cries if the telegraph services have been discontinued. It certainly wasn't the case to forbid using cellular phones to save the jobs of telegraphist.

Of course this comment of mine is sarcastic, not to be taken seriously. But the point it intends to make is that it's the form of that "chain" which isn't working anymore, and trying to keep it alive may damage the new technology as well as the product it is supposed to sell.

Frankly I don't know what could be done. I am not an expert at all in economy, laws, music businesses or human rights... but at least I don't pretend to be. I only wish that those who can will work seriously about it, and not biased.

If authors don't get paid then other professions are

considered...what will remain is music and literature made by amateurs and that

will be a sad fate indeed.

Sure, if that happens it would be a tragedy.

To be sure copyright infringement is robbery and

robbery

is wrong and punishable by law.

This is sadly the exact kind of sentence that only makes the waters murky... These are emotional words, how am I supposed to teach my son not to download by saying that's it's "robbery"? Say that it is "just as wrong", but not that it is one thing, because it's just nonsense. It's the same as saying that "paying taxes in Texas is murder, because part of your taxes go to buy executions supply...". I want STRONG arguments to teach my children to behave well, because feeble ones will only make them confused.

Now, that is it punishable by law... THAT is indeed a strong argument, so stick to that. I only need help to figure out how the law exactly works, because at least in my own country the people _just_don't_know_ [the current law is ambiguous and it changes twice a year] and they defininely don't get better knowledge from interested parties.

I suggest removing my video at once and anyone elses that you are stealing

either

for moral reasons if not for legal reasons because you WILL be traced.

Threats. :cry: Unfortunately they work, at least they worked on me this time since they ruined my day.

I would have definitely removed the video if asked, but I have never actually downloaded it (I suppose I have to swear this somehow to be believed..., luckily my company's PC blocks all multimedia stuff) nor watched it stream.

But still those threats scare me. Because I am confused whether perhaps your country's laws really apply here, and I am confused whether perhaps if you call the police they may have the rights to come here and arrest me, and I am confused whether if you sue me I will have to pay more than I can afford only to prove me innocent, and I am confused whether it will be up to me to prove what I haven't done... All of this, and I actually haven't even watched or saved or whatever that damn video! :)

I am confused, and no one does anything to make me understand better. Only threats and moral lessons :freak:

• Members

Li

I do feel your disappointment, I too, was hoping for a bit more of a conversation on the topic as a topic and I am certainly sorry this thread turned into a commentary on my communication style.

I thought it appropriate and valuable to bring in the voice of the creator as well as the consumer. So that we can get a variety of perspectives

In the end, I probably wouldn't expect to get a great amount of legal information on a forum of this type, but rather view is as an object lesson.

In that sense, sing these threads to show your son, how divisive issues can play out socially - could be an instructional springboard

I have some thoughts on the IP law aspects of the issue (how it interacts with technology development, some information that will help you navigate INT'L IP legalities, etc) that I would be happy to share with you

These probably would be best addressed off-forum to avoid too much of the cross-talk that it frustrating you

We can use this as an opportunity to help clear up your confusion.
As we move to a more information-oriented system, it may be a GREAT learning project for you and your son to go through together

• Members
Originally posted by Li Shenron

I made comments in the doomed thread which spawned this outrage. I supposed I just have to post here some comments as well...

Before I do, I apologize with the other forum people & responsibles if my contributions to that discussion may cause problems to forum!! Let's hope not
:cry:

I feel pretty hurt, because all I wanted to do is to share some opinion and discuss about them (I certainly have many more doubts on this topic than I have ideas I'm convinced of), and now I feel like we cannot even talk about it. Not being able to talk doesn't exactly look like promising for a future solution of a problem (small that our contribution may ever be...).

I've taken a look at the old thread by the way. It doesn't seem to me than anyone was promoting download or file sharing, or anything similar. We were just posing questions of legality (rather than morality).

The law on the matter doesn't seem to me easy to understand fully, and that's why I need to discuss it.

It's not easy because different countries have different laws, and the web as a whole doesn't exactly follow the same laws as a single country.

It's not easy because even the same country changes the law quite quickly, especially those countries (like US) where the judges' decisions have consequences on the next trials (in other countries is not the same).

And finally it's not easy because the medias give us information of the laws which are often incomplete, shady, emotional, and end up making us take side rather than knowing even how the laws exactly work.

Needless to say, Mr.Gambale's comment made me sad for the tone rather than the content, since he has full rights to protect his works of course.

I don't think anyone in that thread advocated this opinion at all, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I suppose that downloading the video itself may mean that the downloader thought it was his right, while it really wasn't. But to be honest, it is not always easy. The web is still full of lots of free stuff. If I go to a website that seems legal, how do I know that the stuff is stolen and not a freeware demo? It's the same as going to a shop in the mall and be sold stolen goods... if the shopkeeper sells me stolen goods and I don't know, they should arrest him and not me?

Maybe the video had some copyright note (right, I know they must be easy to remove in any case...), but even in that case you would notice only after you've opened it.

I'm not talking about myself. I'm old enough to get it. But children and older people may not (I know for sure my parents would be totally lost...)

No comment on the "thieves and scoundrels".

The moral obligation of defending the industry is certainly something I generally agree with.

But mine is only a moral/ethical defense, which must not be mistaken for benefit of economy. What if forbidding lots of internet traffic would bring the internet industry to its knees instead?

I think economy-based opinions here do not mingle well with questions of ethics.

Yes but there is nothing holy about the nature of the chain. Industries are born, grow, wither, and die. Nobody cries if the telegraph services have been discontinued. It certainly wasn't the case to forbid using cellular phones to save the jobs of telegraphist.

Of course this comment of mine is sarcastic, not to be taken seriously. But the point it intends to make is that it's the form of that "chain" which isn't working anymore, and trying to keep it alive may damage the new technology as well as the product it is supposed to sell.

Frankly I don't know what could be done. I am not an expert at all in economy, laws, music businesses or human rights... but at least I don't pretend to be. I only wish that those who can will work seriously about it, and not biased.

Sure, if that happens it would be a tragedy.

This is sadly the exact kind of sentence that only makes the waters murky... These are emotional words, how am I supposed to teach my son not to download by saying that's it's "robbery"? Say that it is "just as wrong", but not that it is one thing, because it's just nonsense. It's the same as saying that "paying taxes in Texas is murder, because part of your taxes go to buy executions supply...". I want STRONG arguments to teach my children to behave well, because feeble ones will only make them confused.

Now, that is it punishable by law... THAT is indeed a strong argument, so stick to that. I only need help to figure out how the law exactly works, because at least in my own country the people _just_don't_know_ [the current law is ambiguous and it changes twice a year] and they defininely don't get better knowledge from interested parties.

Threats.
:cry:
Unfortunately they work, at least they worked on me this time since they ruined my day.

I would have definitely removed the video if asked, but I have never actually downloaded it (I suppose I have to swear this somehow to be believed..., luckily my company's PC blocks all multimedia stuff) nor watched it stream.

But still those threats scare me. Because I am confused whether perhaps your country's laws really apply here, and I am confused whether perhaps if you call the police they may have the rights to come here and arrest me, and I am confused whether if you sue me I will have to pay more than I can afford only to prove me innocent, and I am confused whether it will be up to me to prove what I haven't done... All of this, and I actually haven't even watched or saved or whatever that damn video!
:)

I am confused, and no one does anything to make me understand better. Only threats and moral lessons
:freak:

Trust me, Frank Gambale is a nice man he is just angry which I can understand. I think now that the videos have been taken down Mr. Gambale will let it go. So, I would say stop ripping these videos and uploading them. If you talk to the maker in this case Mr. Gambale and he tells you it's ok then fine. If not, don't do it.

Like I have said before, I think Frank should start a video sample area on his web site. I think that would help stop this stuff. I think all music makers out there that have video on the market should do the same and make it clear on their site that if the video is uploaded at any other place on the web they will be hunted down. In truth, I think Mr. Gambale should go after these video upload sites and say, I don't want any of my video on your site. The bottom line is that if the upload sites don't let the video be uploaded they can't be shared for free.

That for me keeps it more simple for everyone to understand.

Archived