Since I've been gone...

gennation

• Members

A lot has been happening...keeping VERY busy and playing a few times weekly.

This week I play with some old buddies doing a Beatles Tribute show! There are 6 bands each doing a Beatles set. We are bringing the Vox's, Rickenbackers, and Hofner!!! This is just a one off show and I used to play in a band with these guys from '81-'83. We had two full sets of Beatles stuff back then so these guys were deadringers for this show...I couldn't pass up getting back together...and everything sounds killer too now that we are all more experienced and have better ears, musicianship, and voices.

The big thing going on though is that I joined a working Big Band about 3 weeks ago and have three gigs under my belt. You can hear them here: http://www.gigmasters.com/Big-Band/The-Rhythm-Section-Jazz/ this gig adds about 5 gigs to the calendar a month. It's mainly private parties and non-profits so the pay is great too. And to top it off it's a 'show up and play' gig, so no rehearsals, just reading arrangements in from of an audience. The drummer leads the band and is a arrangement pack rat, he has over 4000 full arrangement of just about every tune...as well as 3-5 versions of each! Cool gig.

Also, I'm in the process of putting together a fusion trio (guitar, bass, and drums). I have the other cats picked out and we get together for our first session this Sunday. This is going to be great vehicle to flush out a bunch of ideas I've been hanging onto for years. I've worked with the bassist for over a year now on a bunch of different projects and know he brings some good imaginative writing to the table too.

And, of course I'm still with the burlesque show and the End Times Orchestra. We're getting ready for our yearly Halloween Show right now.

Getting a lot of hits these days.

I'll post pictures from the burlesque tour shortly, it was everything I signed up for and more :p

Dig this...this is my rig for the Beatles Tribute...(3/4 scale John Lennon Rick and an AC15)

IMG00738-20100808-1948.jpg

Here's the guys '63 Hofner and Super Beatle (the large cab is elsewhere in the room and not in the pic)

IMG00739-20100808-1948.jpg

• Members

I can't believe they abanned me for the Toto Urinal...although the only picture viewer I had on the road was my phone...I never did go back and look on the computer screen if I completely got my dick out of the picture...I could see been abandened for that but not a stream of piss...I KNOW I've seen that in GJ before.

Oh, to answer your question...probably something really good :)

Wait til you see the tour pics :p That'll probably do it.

• Members

Need help with modes??? I've been doing a lengthy Modal Application lesson at UG.com. It deals with Dronal, Diatonic, and Modern (Poly) Modal stuff. Here you go:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360923

I'd start posting them here but I'm usually too drunk in real life to top it off with a bunch of virtual drunkenness with the LL-nazi's. (man that's a cool word though, drunkenness!)

• Members

The hits just keep on coming too. Just got called in for a session on Wednesday night. So, I have Wed's session, Friday a high profile show for Artprize, then Saturday an away gig with the Big Band.

Then Sunday, Mon, Wed, Thurs, and Fri are rehearsal and dress rehearsal nights for the new Burlesque show that opens on the next day on Saturday the 16th.

Going to be a busy couple of weeks, plus lessons and my full time job and family.

On a side note: The fusion get together went great...the drummer was way better than I expected. We have about 4 ideas recorded and are going to mold/form them a little better and build on them. I'll be putting more time into this project as soon as the burlesque show premier is in the bag.

• Members

Well? Look at the rudeness people get here either as first timers, especially if the newcomer comes in try to teach something, or for not slapping each other on the butt...

I will say I'm surprised to see two modes threads actually being allowed to be threads.

This place has been rude for a couple years now. I don't think I'm out of line, I just call em like I see them.

Got to run.

• Members

yup, that sounds about right.... Knowing how to dish but not how to take it... ;)

I have been so good though about not even addressing Gennation.

Oh, also, FYI, gents and ladies, I am going to embark on starting my own website with mad videos, charts, audio tracks, etc. etc. all for members AND custom lessons by request!!!

• Members

Rude????? umm that would maybe be people who post pictures of themselves pissing.

You gotta love a guy who openly talks about what a bunch of losers everybody at the party he always attends are.

You know man we'll get along quite fine without you. You don't need to honour us with your presence. If you think we are such arses find the door and use it.

• Members
yup, that sounds about right.... Knowing how to dish but not how to take it...
;)

I have been so good though about not even addressing Gennation.

Oh, also, FYI, gents and ladies, I am going to embark on starting my own website with mad videos, charts, audio tracks, etc. etc. all for members AND custom lessons by request!!!

I thought you had blocked me? But since you haven't...

Make sure to promote your site. Many have done exactly what you're talking about doing. Forunately I did this this yaers before I came to HC. And these days I don't really promote my site except for the occasional post when applicable and my signature of course.

But promote it well or you'll get the same people showing up all the time and it will sink quick, and it will still be three times removed from JDB's site, and twice removed from Wien's site.

• Members

I thought you had blocked me? But since you haven't...

Make sure to promote your site. Many have done exactly what you're talking about doing. Forunately I did this this yaers before I came to HC. And these days I don't really promote my site except for the occasional post when applicable and my signature of course.

But promote it well or you'll get the same people showing up all the time and it will sink quick, and it will still be three times removed from JDB's site, and twice removed from Wien's site.

I did block you, Mike... But, when someone quotes your dialogue, it shows up... I appreciate your "Captain Obvious" marketing advice and I am sure I will do fine.. I know Mark's got a great site and is a wonderful teacher, as are alot of other guys on here... I will jsut be offering a different perspective on things and lessons tailored specifically to peoples' requests/needs/desires.

I am not trying to compete with anyone, or be better than this guy or that guy... Just trying to help out people who want to improve.

Anyways, back to blocked list you go, buddy. Have a nice life, again. Take care of that liver. You may need it.

• Members

Rude????? umm that would maybe be people who post pictures of themselves pissing.

J, the point wasn't the pissing it was to bash-in the Toto bashing that goes on in HCGJ...the urinal was made by a company named Toto...which supposed to be the "visible" part of the pic...

it wasn't posted in LL it was in GJ, and I apologized last week (http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2682043) ...the banded wasn't because of the pissing, it was that the tip off my rocket was peeking out. Due to me only having the little phone screen while on the road I thought I got a clear shot and was good to go, but looking at the pic last week I see the issue and apologized.

Just a trickle under the bridge (no pun intended).

• Members

I dunno......I'm not as young as I was.

Gennation pissed me off twice, and he came on telling everyone to thicken up their internet skins. To quote him:

"Life is not a popularity contest."

I respected that. Straight talk. Everyone has their own individual way of dealing with the sticky, boggy swamp of human interaction. We are not here to be all touchy-feely with everyone we come into contact with. I don't give a {censored} anymore whether people like me or not. Kids, cats and dogs seem to like me, and that's enough.

I used to find people interesting..............these days they just seem to be increasingly boring, selfish, greedy and tedious. I've thought about this, and I don't think it's to do with my age. Humans are forgetting (or not even bothering to learn) about communication skills.

"Oh, my word, he said something I don't like! He must be awful!"

No, he just said something you don't like. He might do it again. And again. It could be part of a game. Is there a chuckling smile behind the scenario? Is it all cheeky, or malicious?

Who cares?

I was away from the forum when the "block Gennation" campaign began, so I haven't a clue what's going on. Take it from me......to an uninformed, impartial observer, it looks like playground gamesmanship of the lowest order. I don't care who is right or wrong. We are not here to judge, unless one is appointed a judge by law.

Why we are in fact here, I don't know. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me. Does anyone have a phone number to one of the many gods which appear to exist. I could then make a quick call and maybe get the answers to the questions that have been puzzling me all this time.

Like, for instance, why are most people so small-minded? Why can't most people resist the bait of provocation? Why can't most people adopt the philosophy of "I am not going down to their level............I will wait patiently for them to rise up to mine" ?

Why do people who believe themselves to be intelligent and civilized succumb so easily to base instincts?

I'll tell you why.

Scrape away the soap, the internet, the fancy clothes, the hypocrisy and the verbal diahorrea, and you'll find worms.

We are still primitive, and have a hell of a long way to go before we even start to work our way up.

Was that a rant?

Archived