Since I've been gone...

gennation

• Members
I dunno......I'm not as young as I was.

Gennation pissed me off twice, and he came on telling everyone to thicken up their internet skins. To quote him:

"Life is not a popularity contest."

I respected that. Straight talk. Everyone has their own individual way of dealing with the sticky, boggy swamp of human interaction. We are not here to be all touchy-feely with everyone we come into contact with. I don't give a {censored} anymore whether people like me or not. Kids, cats and dogs seem to like me, and that's enough.

I used to find people interesting..............these days they just seem to be increasingly boring, selfish, greedy and tedious. I've thought about this, and I don't think it's to do with my age. Humans are forgetting (or not even bothering to learn) about communication skills.

"Oh, my word, he said something I don't like! He must be awful!"

No, he just said something you don't like. He might do it again. And again. It could be part of a game. Is there a chuckling smile behind the scenario? Is it all cheeky, or malicious?

Who cares?

I was away from the forum when the "block Gennation" campaign began, so I haven't a clue what's going on. Take it from me......to an uninformed, impartial observer, it looks like playground gamesmanship of the lowest order. I don't care who is right or wrong. We are not here to judge, unless one is appointed a judge by law.

Why we are in fact here, I don't know. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me. Does anyone have a phone number to one of the many gods which appear to exist. I could then make a quick call and maybe get the answers to the questions that have been puzzling me all this time.

Like, for instance, why are most people so small-minded? Why can't most people resist the bait of provocation? Why can't most people adopt the philosophy of "I am not going down to their level............I will wait patiently for them to rise up to mine" ?

Why do people who believe themselves to be intelligent and civilized succumb so easily to base instincts?

I'll tell you why.

Scrape away the soap, the internet, the fancy clothes, the hypocrisy and the verbal diahorrea, and you'll find worms.

We are still primitive, and have a hell of a long way to go before we even start to work our way up.

Was that a rant?

Paul,

I wish everyone could be as enlightened as you claim to be... I remember you getting pissed (as you mentioned here) at Gennation.. .i am sure you got pissed at someone in the past month, as well... It's human/animalistic nature. Whether the intellect or the ego, one is bound to get bruised sooner or later...

Also, SOME people were brought up with manners... With a sense of respect... A way to lift up their fellow man... by whatever means the gods of which you spoke provided them.

I think that most of (over 90%) the people in this forum, which is a "virtual assembly" of people with a more or less common goal, are very nice, constructive, intelligent, kind and, EVEN WHEN FACED WITH A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION or SOME OTHER THING, are able to communicate as if it is a DEBATE, not a petty fight....

It seems odd that Gennation has so many people "talking smack" about him...

Iremember I used to play gigs with this keyboard player... He used to talk {censored} about EVERY OTHER musician in town... I would say: "really?? him?? he is so nice..." and this keys layer would say "HE'S AN ASSHOLE!!!"... then after a couple of days, another character assasination... "Him TOO?!?!" "YEAH.. THAT GUY IS A PRICK!!!"

now I can buy one or two guys being uncool, but after a parade of 1,000 people gets displayed in front of your face, you start thinking: "maybe THEY AREN'T THE ASSHOLES, but THE KEYBOARD PLAYER IS?!?!?!"

I think this is one of those moments. If you feel Gennation is a straight shooter and you now all of a sudden love his upfrrontness and candor, good for you. No one is in standing in the way of your adoration of all things Mike Dodge. Your reality is yours and yours alone. As mine is mine alone, etc. But it seems that more people seem to share a common distaste for this guy because of different reasons.

Insomuch as it is your right to love the guy.. It is my right to block his dumb, holier than thou commentary, so that I don't need to point out all the holes and inaccuracies he often perpetuates to young impressionable players...

This is America, and eventhough it's a third wold country now, it still seems that the illusion of freedom is alive and well... I plan to continue believing I am free to feel any way I like to and, with all due respect, if you or anyone else feel differently, feel free to disagree.

I just hope that you recognize that your Zen-like detachement statement (in your rant) seems very out of character for the same guy that was so sensitive about Gennation 9and a few other peopl, if I recall correctly).

;)

My two cents.

• Members

Paul,

This is America, and eventhough it's a third wold country now, it still seems that the illusion of freedom is alive and well... .

This ain't America, Danny, it's the World Wide Web the last bastion of real freedom......until the Seppo's ruin that as well with their new "kill switch" for sites they don't like.

I don't think Gennation is even close to being an asshole, self assured and deaf to other points of views, but usually nice enugh about it.

Search for posts by Red Dragon, that guy was an asshole.........at least he was funny though.

• Members

.............."Zen-like detachment statement"............??????????

Lost me there, I'm afraid.

And, re "out of character"..............what is in fact my character?

Thing is, the net is an odd place. You have absolutely no idea who I am, and I have no idea who you are. But you seem to be making a judgement that I am acting out of character.

Your references to my "love" and "adoration" of Mike Dodge are absolutely ridiculous. I neither love nor adore him.

Life's a mixed bag. Internet life is a weird mixed bag.

I've decided to give up writing anymore on this. I thought I might have started a little debate on internet protocol..............but, meganutt, your reply to my post was............dunno...........outrageously surreal, detached beyond belief.........etc etc.

Adoration?

Sorry, all, but I do have to write this:

Ado-{censored}in-ration!!??

Come on! Give a guy a break. To use the word "adoration" is......................... ??????????

Sod it..........I'm out of this {censored}hole.

No point to this whatsoever.

None at all. I thought meganutt was kind of normal.

But I'm pretty stupid.

"Zen-like detachment statement".

What the f does that mean?

I despair........I really do.

Just pretend I was never here.

• Members

"Zen-like detachment statement".

I resent that, strongly.

My points, I feel, were valid, and peppered with a little humor.........as most things should be.

There is no intelligent debate on the internet.

And probably never will be.

Disappointing, it all is, so far. I see no likelihood of improvement.

"Zen-like detachment statement", indeed.

Is that all I'm worth?

I don't go with the hate-Dodge business, so I'm a target?

For your information, I don't go along with hating anyone. What is the point of knocking someone? We have a limited time here, a limited amount of energy.............

Zen-like {censored}ing detachment statement?

Piss, in word form.

Verbal garbage.

Just.........{censored}e, written down.............maybe it sounded good, in the mind, at the time.

It is a {censored}ing insult.

This is not debate. This is sound-biting. This is doing what Mr Dodge is accused of doing.

This is obscene.

• Members

In fact..................

Your words lead me to believe that you are knocking the concept of Zen.............

........insinuating that a "Zen-like detachment statement" is a bad thing..............

Hitler springs to mind.

Okay, then, I'm a Zenite. A Zenist. My Zen-like statements are anathema.

Anything Zen (human) should be scorned....frowned upon.

I repent.

Zen stuff is {censored}, and not to be tolerated.

Wanna kiss and make up yet?

• Moderators

OK girls! Here we go. Let me shake the sand out of my hair first and then I'll lock this thread. Thanks to all for being sooooo mature. I'll compose my post-apocalypse thread summary soon.

For now:

This thread and these posts are completely off-topic. So as a duly appoint referee - I'm shutting all of this down for now. Please resist the urge to rattle sabers in some other thread as I have neither the time, nor the patience, nor the disposition to tolerate this kind of crap.

cheers

Archived