What the....? (Behringer content)

TwoHeadedBoy

• Members
Originally posted by UnkleSlam

Just out of curiosity, who do you work for?

You should ask "Who works for you?" instead :D

Seriously: we don't want to say anything until we're closer to production. No one wants to see hype for something that's too many months away.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by MrSage

The dano minis are actually
really
good pedals...they just use plastic cases and surface-mount components (which makes it hard to mod/re-house them).

But the circuits themselves are all solid...based on classics and proven designs.

Maybe this will encourage Danelectro to start using cases and switches that are a bit sturdier.

+1 yeah, they're cool. leave 'em alone :mad:

• Members

man, i can imagine how big this is going to be. I mean, with all those young students in japan with cheap guitars posing and having crap concerts, these will go over so freaking large. I already want a tech 21 knockoff and one of those eqs. man, the forums going to be all abuzz the day they hit. oh hell, behringers gonna be huge-r. everyone will have one....

• Members

This is the most exciting product announcement in years. I am buying about 10 of these pedals!

------------------------------------------------

Next year Behringer will be bringing out all valve Mesa Boogie Dual Recifier and Marshall TSL clones for

• Members

Here are a couple of ripoff examples beyond the well known Mackie, POD and now Boss ripoffs. This is all behringer does.

MIC100_medium.jpg

mp_series1.gif

CT100_medium.jpg
They got sued for this one I think
swizz.jpg

HPX4000_medium.jpg
I use these sennheiser headphones...I haven't compared them though.
02976_pro2.jpg

1032a.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by cmloeffler

Good for the market? Good for us as consumers for the immediate future, yes. What I'm concerned about is innovation, though. ...Behringer has a knack for ripping innovators off and selling cheap because they have little R & D built into their products... sowhat happens if they actually need to start building their own? Will they still be cheap? Can they make new products as innovative as EHX? Does that make Behringer any less scummy? No.

The Market will end up with 30 years old designs,

in new shiney, chinese boxes... (CHINEY ?).

After they tried to kill all, they`ll go down themselves...

An innovative, cool designer will refuse to work for a company like that, I bet...

Who wants the name "BOREINGER" on his designs?

• Members

Wouldn't it be funny if this is just Namm food? I'm sure this has put the skids on many dealer that were looking at Boss/Roland/etc lines to carry..Get a franchise with Behringer,then the product gets put on the shelf..So much for that initial order..It wouldn't be the first time..Remember the Rack Mount Fender "Rivera" from the 80's..The Ibanez Koa Tele with dual humbucker/trem setter,and push/push coil pots? Maybe 2 of each ever made..

I'm not saying that is what is happening.Just food for thought...

It would not be funny....

• Members

Originally posted by puretube

The Market will end up with 30 years old designs,

in new shiney, chinese boxes... (CHINEY ?).

After they tried to kill all, they`ll go down themselves...

An innovative, cool designer will refuse to work for a company like that, I bet...

Who wants the name "BOREINGER" on his designs?

Hell we might just end up with a USA,China Made in USA not to be confused with Made in U.S.A.

• Members
Originally posted by puretube

anyone noticed, that the jacks of the B*ss clones

are
not
screwed to the chassis?

Yup, that's the way to save money on production - if you can machine-solder everything to the pcb (jacks, switches, pots and all), you've saved a fortune in assembly. But you will lose a lot of reliability that way - in a Boss pedal, all the "moving" parts (jacks, switch and pots) are mounted separately from the main pcb, which protects it from shock damage and stress cracks. The only external part that is soldered directly to the pcb is the adapter jack (and sure enough, that is the part I find to have the highest failure rate).

The Behringer knock-offs will - to make room for the jacks - most likely use miniature SMD components, and if so modding will be more or less out of the question. Add to that the fact that it will probably break (or at least sustain damage) the first time the band's singer accidentally steps on the input cable... (they always do, don't they? It's either the singer or some drunk guy who decides to "sit in" with the band... :D) Still, Danelectro managed to sell a whole heap of cheaply made pedals, so who knows?

However, I for one will not be touching any of these pedals, if they ever reach the market. Even if you set aside the ethics argument (Behringer's long history of ripping off other manufacturers), the quality (or lack thereof) will be more than enough to make me give these a wide berth...

Btw, I spent the afternoon at the music shop, and when I showed them the Behringer pedals, the first three words they all uttered was the thread title - word for word... :D

/Andreas

• Members

If Behringer were smart they'd clone all the boutique stuff.

Get your Fuzz Factory clone for $50
Get your Way Huge LLama for $40
Get your Bixonic Expandora for $25

I may have to get the behringer big muff and phaser clones...

I know that there's Rockson that makes Boss look-a-likes.

The Tech21 clone looks cool too.

• Members

Ethics???.... my ass.....! We're all using ripoff products, one way or another.

I'm old enough to remember the first japanese cars in Europe - Ford ripoffs. Look at Korean cars today (I drive one) - ripoffs. Watch out for the next step, Chinese cars - first ones I've seen were Honda ripoffs. I can't see much innovation in the American car industry - can you?

How many different copies of the Les Paul and Stratocaster exists? Does it make it hard for Gibson and Fender to exist? How many of you are playing chinese Agile or SX copies? Ripoffs? Yes!

How about your TV? If it's plasma, is it a Pioneer? (the main manufacturer of plasma cell screens). What about all other brands? Ripoffs? Is it possible to mod or repair a TV set today? No, it's not, it's all SMD! We throw it away and buys a new one.

How about CD players - almost every brand is using a design based om Burr-Brown converters - ripoffs? Differences in quality between a lowend and a highend product? Oh yeah!

Most electronics today are ripoffs, caused by consumer demand for low prices. That leads to low cost production. That's the world today - get over it!

If this was an ideal world, we would all be driving a Lamborghini, using a german dishwasher from Miele, using a tape recorder from Nakamichi (originally a Tandberg ripoff, but that's a completely different story), tools from Bacho, aso..........

If you don't like the products, then don't buy it - we're living in a free world.

Btw... I do not work for Behringer, and my only piece of Behringer equipment is a cable tester (works nicely).

Btw #2... I still don't understand why a Boss pedal power supply (9V/200 mA) costs 27 Euros, when I can buy an equal product from Ibanez for 15 Euros. Who's been cheated? Boss/Roland or you?

• Members

Originally posted by Jebus0000

[b

I think he left out the part about paying 5 cents a day to some poor chinese kids to make the crap.

True, but in all fairness to Behringer, Mackie's stuff is all made in China now and their stuff costs more than twice Behringer's, and honestly, in my experience as a dealer, the Mackie stuff isn't any better than the Behringer anymore. At one time it was a LOT better, but in my opinion, the Mackie stuff isn't made as well as it used to be.

There was a comment made earlier in the thread about using a Behringer mixer in live sound and how the poster didn't think much of it and how you had to pan things way out of whack. I would have to take exception to that statement. I've sold a pretty good number of Behringer mixers in the last couple years and I've had nothing but good comments on them from customers, and not a single one has come back in for service.

I think the idea of lesser expensive pedals from Behringer is awesome. I can see selling a pile of these........ a large, large pile.

Archived