What the....? (Behringer content)

TwoHeadedBoy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bet these things turn out alright.......overseas/cheapo Boss ripoffs exist in heaps these days, and they come in identical metal inclosures. But I have a V-AMP 2, and no the amp models aren't going to replace anybody's boutique stomp box or tube amps, but some of the effects and gainier amp models sound great for what they are. I bet that the Big Muff, Tech-21, and modulation ripoffs are going to be pretty solid products.

• Members

I'll be surprised if Boss, EH, Tech 21 NYC and others don't file trademark/trade dress infringement suits when these come out. Behringer has some balls, by using similar colors, shapes, and fonts on the design and even outright saying what pedal its copying. With all the money they saved on R&D costs though, they could probably afford some good lawyers :)

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

With all due respect, this is totally insane.

Microsoft and Behringer are nothing alike. MS got rich by actually innovating,

Bwahahahaha!

Obviously, you don't know your Computer history, do you?

Windows was SO stolen from Apple (who got their graphic OS as a big gift from Xerox Park)...the fact of the matter is that this whole thing was started over at Xerox...and the only inovation that happened was a bunch of 70s jackoffs knew how to rebrand the {censored} and sell it.

Don't ever use the words inovation and Micro$oft in the same sentence. You're NOT Bill Gates...and Bill himself sounds like a stupid ass when saying it. Just think of how *you* sound!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I got the preamp/boost last week
" PREAMP/BOOSTER PB100"

The best buy in years !!! only for 19 euro i can boost my solos without any noise..

i use it on te loop.. this is the best alternative for everyone using 5150 who want to boost their lead work.

Forget wasting your time looking for a pedal to boost you solos just get this little mosnter.

• Members

These look pretty cool, but I cant help but wonder about a few of their choices... Why clone a Boss Phase Shifter (a terrible pedal, in my opinion), especially when you are already cloning a Small Stone? Why a clone of a boss compressor?

What I would have liked to have seen was for them to just clone the best of the best in each catagory. Why not clone the dyna-comp instead of the boss? Why not clone the ADA flanger instead of the Boss model? A rotary sim instead of the Boss phase shifter? More EHX and less Boss? A DMM instead of a digital delay clone? An electric mistress? etc...

• Members
Originally posted by theManfromAlabam

Have anyone here tried one of these peds yet?

i have two of them. the acoustic modeler and the octaver. bought them for fun and to see if there would be one or two decend sounds in them. and they have. but that is it. the casing is crappy. 19 euro what more is there to say.

i also have two other behringer items.
MX400_medium.jpg
very handy without any hiss. made it on my board.
dont know from who they stole this.

and this midi controler with motorized faders.
BCF2000_medium.jpg
works great and good quality. a copy of ??

• Members

Originally posted by JoviGirl22

These look pretty cool, but I cant help but wonder about a few of their choices... Why clone a Boss Phase Shifter (a terrible pedal, in my opinion), especially when you are already cloning a Small Stone? Why a clone of a boss compressor?

What I would have liked to have seen was for them to just clone the best of the best in each catagory. Why not clone the dyna-comp instead of the boss? Why not clone the ADA flanger instead of the Boss model? A rotary sim instead of the Boss phase shifter? More EHX and less Boss? A DMM instead of a digital delay clone? An electric mistress? etc...

probably because to joe public (the target audience) boss pedals are the most well known and therefore desired. even though some boss pedals arent nearly as good as other brands i bet they still sell more of them.

• Members

on Phil's forum there is a thread with a small interview with uli behringer. for those that are interested and never leave this place.

and i would be in for a behringer tourbox. but i guess that that makes only sence in europe for me. would be nice if the 'originals' would also be included. i have two behringer pedals for the box.

• Members

Originally posted by JoviGirl22

Because most of those are analog, and delay based. And that is what is expensive. Of couse they could have cloned alot of analog stuff and just sell them for more. But I think it takes a lot more to be sure all works correct instead of just putting in a digital chip and be done with it.

• Members

well as long as the knobs don't fall off after 2 seconds, i guess it might be ok...!

scored the vintage phaser for 20 squid (including postage!), so it'll be interesting to hear what's that's like as well...

sim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

well i got the phaser today and i have to say i'm actually pretty impressed. the knob seems a bit weak, but that's all i can complain about.

i tried it on a whole bunch of sounds from clean to dirty and the noise is negligable, the sound is fat and rich and for 20 quid i'm definitely imprsssed!

sim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived