i fell in love with this amp at the NAMM show and had to have it

zachary vex

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by zachary vex

a 15 watt amp could theoretically compete with drums. i have no personal experience with it yet.

if you plug the 15 watter through a 4x12, would it be louder?

(because you're pushing more air, that is...)

• Members

Originally posted by Grubgoat

Just remember that at 15 watts, cleans at loud volume will be hard to get. (You don't really need spanky cleans live to sound "clean", though). 4X12 may make it "louder", technically, but I think you're still gonna get some dirt.

Which, of course, can be a great thing. And mashing the preamp and el84's with something like a treblebooster (I use Crispy Cremes) or a Super Hard-On especially, etc, will make it nice and creamy for solos, etc...

hey thanks for the reply :)

I like a bit of grit on my cleans, and I love the touch-response thing that starts going on at that point, using a nice tube amp :)

• Members

Originally posted by zachary vex

a 15 watt amp could theoretically compete with drums. i have no personal experience with it yet.

i have a 12 watt mojave coyote that i play through a 1x12 closed cab and it most definitely keeps pace with drums. in fact i'm not even close to half volume and i set up near some LOUD drummers.

• Members

Originally posted by bigtonemusic

What is that stuff? It looks so clean. I don't see any cut lines. I must be some sort of moldable material.

It's possible that it's a spray-on type of finish. The company that makes the speaker cabinets for me that I sell in my shop under the "Union Speaker Company" name has a spray-on finish that looks pretty similar. I know they can get it in black and white, and I'd assume that you could dye it if you started with pure white so that you could get a vintage or off-white shade. The stuff looks really nice when sprayed properly. Then again, the stuff that I've seen of Zinky's has been of a really high caliber anyway, so he's pretty much an artist in that respect, too, so he might just be exceptionally good at cutting and gluing vinyl. Whatever it is, you're right, it looks very clean.

Zach, man, that's a nice looking amp.

• Members

Now that this Supro is getting the attention of the masses, I recalled a pedal circuit based on an old Supro 16T. It is an amp emulator pedal (basically the designers copied the actual amp circuit and substituted the valves for JFETS, making it possible to cram into an effects enclosure) called the Supreaux by the guys at RunoffGroove.

Anyway, cool amp Zach!

• Members

Originally posted by LWatford-2

Any plans for Supro guitar reissues? I've always wanted a Dual Tone for some reason.

That would be very cool also...

Yes, He is . I sent Bruce Z .

A complete set of Guitar templates for the Dualtone already and I understand that he had one at this past show.

He and I communicate on a weekly basis, but He has yet to tell me which other models he intends to build... even though He asked me to make up a set of templates for;

the Jetsons, the Ozark, the Sahara and a mid 60s long scale "Jazz" bass.

I posted a complete breakdown of all the spec. in the electric guitar forum.

• Members

Originally posted by Bruce Bennett

Yes, He is . I sent Bruce Z .

A complete set of Guitar templates for the Dualtone already and I understand that he had one at this past show.

He and I communicate on a weekly basis, but He has yet to tell me which other models he intends to build... even though He asked me to make up a set of templates for;

the Jetsons, the Ozark, the Sahara and a mid 60s long scale "Jazz" bass.

I posted a complete breakdown of all the spec. in the electric guitar forum.

Very very cool. Will they be straight copies? Any modern "improvements?"

Archived