i fell in love with this amp at the NAMM show and had to have it

zachary vex

• Members
Originally posted by puretube

anyone knows, what the stuff actually
is
?

I heard mr. Vex call it something like Nubtex or something.
It's definitely a "sheet" type stuff, not spray on.

My Mesa is rougly the same color - coco bronco:

Rig1.jpg

pardon the messy house.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm wondering where we will be able to get these things?! I have a Supro Royale Reverb...it's the best overdub amp on the planet. It's not very loud, but if you want to cut through a mix, play through one of those! I love my Vox and my Fender, but that amp has a little special place in my heart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by zachary vex

dunno what they'll be in the stores for. i think bruce said they're retailing around $1200.00, so i imagine they'll be somewhere around $800-$900? dunno... for awhile they'll be full price because nobody can get them!

he said that white on white is a one-of-a-kind piece. i guess the regular colors are on the website, suprousa.com.

suprosm.jpg

They're gonna make a million dollars. That thing is the most, baby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Our new Sahara just arrived and it is AWESOME.

Still waiting on the Trem-o-lectric ( the one photoed a couple posts up) but was told it would be here within the next week or two.

I'm still knee deep in the "guitars" project.

I have some VERY cool things cooking, hopefully BZ will like what I'm doing for him.
I'm planning to send him two prototypes .. one is completely vintage retro and the other... the NEXT generation Supro.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Oliver Archut, the TAB-Funkenwerk mic pre guru, had a company called Jester that around `98 made the Oahu (Supro type) amp. I tried one and it was a great little amp.
http://www.oliverarchut.com/

"The Valco/Jester Oahu JU28 1x10 ($465 list) is an all tube guitar amplifier, with a simplistic, straight forward preamp, two channels with separate volume master tone knob and 16.5 Watt class A output power. 16.5 Watts delivered by two power tubes (originally 6973's) in an Class A mode with cathode coupled feedback. It used one 12AX7 preamp tube, one 12AX7 in the phase splitter and a 5Y3 rectifier. It had 4 inputs: treble/normal for each of the two channels, and a tone control."

"Oahu Amp Line was reincarnated and updated by Jester Enterprises, Inc. Available as a head also. As an option, we offer the Oahu with 6V6 tubes, which changes the overall tone to a Supro-like sound. (The only technical difference between a Valco
Oahu and Valco Supro10" were the output tubes and covering.)2

"Between May and August of '97 we tracked down eight more Oahu amps. Only one was still in original condition, so we
Valco discontinued the amplifier production in the early 60's.
They were responsible for the Supro (most Oahu amps are identical to Supros, except covering and output tubes), some of the Gretsch amps, some Silvertones, etc.
The name Oahu wasn't in use or trademarked so we filed for a trademark and decided to reproduce this incredible amp, upgraded in mechanical design and with a few more options."
http://www.amptone.com/under20wamps.htm
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Jester/Oahu-1.html

oahu_01.jpg

• Members

Hey guys,

I posted early on that I bought the first one (Sahara) (#13). Anyway, I ended up selling it back to the guy I bought it from because at the time, I couldn't justify it when I already had a killer amp.
It only had about three hours of play time on it and it sounds absolutely sweet.

I was in his shop yesterday and he still has it, so it's still up for grabs.

His name is Chuck & his # is 530-894-2228.

If you're interested, this is a great chance to snag it since I haven't seen any more around.

c2p

• Members
Originally posted by came2play

Hey guys,

I posted early on that I bought the first one (Sahara) (#13). Anyway, I ended up selling it back to the guy I bought it from because at the time, I couldn't justify it when I already had a killer amp.

It only had about three hours of play time on it and it sounds absolutely sweet.

I was in his shop yesterday and he still has it, so it's still up for grabs.

His name is Chuck & his # is 530-894-2228.

If you're interested, this is a great chance to snag it since I haven't seen any more around.

c2p

How much he askin you reckon, Billy Bob?
:wave:

• 1 year later...

Archived