The synthesiser, consumerism and anthropology.

Guest Anonymous

• Members

Originally posted by Plastic Baby

... i have to agree with you, its often an exercise in collecting than anything remotely to do with music making.

Now that's a real shame.

Now that's down right condescending. :(

Can't you just post opinions and not judgements?

What is so shameful about anyone that has any connection at all with music or technology?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Get real
:D

I was agreeing with him. i posted " i agree " and used the word " often " thats still an opinion.

Answering all these posts is stoping me posting what i originally intended to post about.

Stop it
:mad:

;)

I was just kidding too! Please get on with your points! :thu:

• Members

This is a good keyboard, comes with awesome vocoder, included distortion and is so colorful sexy red almost like Nord Lead. Comes with awesome vocoder, and great sounds.

Quelle_496.996_0_s.jpeg

It is really a great synth with a great vocoder!

Quelle_496.996_0_mikeStand_s.jpeg

State of the art vocoder included! You also get a free included mic. Good sounds, and a great vocoder.

New version includes 6 blue buttons. I dunno but maybe you should consider the new version. Comes with a great vocoder.

• Members

Originally posted by myteeGTi

when it comes to PB/ADSR/whatever pissing off people...

... its like shooting fish in a barrel.

I dont know why you guys get so worked up over her.
:o

I just use the threads to post spam.

• Members

Originally posted by Don Solaris

This is a good keyboard, comes with awesome vocoder, included distortion and is so colorful sexy red almost like Nord Lead. Comes with awesome vocoder, and great sounds.

Quelle_496.996_0_s.jpeg

It is really a great synth with a great vocoder!

Quelle_496.996_0_mikeStand_s.jpeg
State of the art vocoder included! You also get a free included mic. Good sounds, and a great vocoder.

New version includes 6 blue buttons. I dunno but maybe you should consider the new version. Comes with a great vocoder.

Don, I have this thing and if you're going to post it, you should at least mention that this synth has a GREAT vocoder!

• Members

Tube amps... my real secret weakness.

:mad:

I hate vintage strat designs. 21 frets is just wrong. Luckily i have the perfect strat, and a les paul, so i've got electrics covered.

But, I could use another half dozen mesaboogies.

• Members

LOL. Synths more commercialized than guitars? LOLOLOL.

At a recent NAMM, Gibson would not let "normal" people into its booth. Only invited VIPs. No, this was not Studio 54, it was a farkin' trade show booth. Get real.

This is the same Gibson that has been experiencing horrible quality control issues the past several years. The same Gibson that is charging ever more for these ever worse guitars, even releasing a super-high-priced "Historic" line of them. And it's all the same guitar with few if any real innovations - the same two-bucker Les Paul, the same SGs with useless vibrolas, etc. What Gibson is truly manufacturing is an image of vintage and exclusivity so that it can sell crap to unsuspecting dumbsumers at increasingly higher prices.

Then there's the boutique amp people. Those are a truly different breed. People who gladly spend $4000 and higher for a single-channel, hand-wired-by-the-company-president tube amp with four knobs ... once every month. I've owned a couple of boutiques. They're nice amps, but I do have to admit that much of the draw was how rare and ... um, boutique the amps I had were.

And don't get me started on cables. GODDY. At least the KSS people are much more sensible about cables.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by XorAxAx

LOL. Synths more commercialized than guitars? LOLOLOL.

At a recent NAMM, Gibson would not let "normal" people into its booth. Only invited VIPs. No, this was not Studio 54, it was a farkin' trade show booth. Get real.

This is the same Gibson that has been experiencing horrible quality control issues the past several years. The same Gibson that is charging ever more for these ever worse guitars, even releasing a super-high-priced "Historic" line of them. And it's all the same guitar with few if any real innovations - the same two-bucker Les Paul, the same SGs with useless vibrolas, etc. What Gibson is truly manufacturing is an image of vintage and exclusivity so that it can sell crap to unsuspecting dumbsumers at increasingly higher prices.

Then there's the boutique amp people. Those are a truly different breed. People who gladly spend $4000 and higher for a single-channel, hand-wired-by-the-company-president tube amp with four knobs ... once every month. I've owned a couple of boutiques. They're nice amps, but I do have to admit that much of the draw was how rare and ... um, boutique the amps I had were.

And don't get me started on cables. GODDY. At least the KSS people are much more sensible about cables.

You can LOL as much as you want, it don't change the facts though. No one is suggesting that G.A.S and boutique products are exclusive to

the

synth

world.

Ooops,

my

compter

screen

just

tilted,

Look

at

the

claims

in

these

ads,

these

are

far

from

the

worst.

someone.jpg

t_advert017.jpg

t_advert015.jpg

advert_006.jpg

Guest Anonymous

About those ad pics, think about this for a moment, perhaps those claims are not so " over the top? " and " in the right hands " a single synth could be " the sound of the future " and offer the musician almost any sound he, she could possibly need?

Interesting.

• Members

Nah. The ad didn't say I would sleep with Paris Hilton, teleport instantly onto a stage with U2 and play for 100,000 people, or save Earth from invading aliens if I bought the product. It could have been much, much worse.

Good example, though.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by XorAxAx

Nah. The ad didn't say I would sleep with Paris Hilton, teleport instantly onto a stage with U2 and play for 100,000 people, or save Earth from invading aliens if I bought the product. It could have been much, much worse.

Good example, though.

Advertisers are very clever, they certainly could suggest those things ;)

I have far better ad pics to post up later, bit busy right now.

I like the invading aliens idea, how about a synth zapping space invaders with infra red rays of sound :)

• Members

Originally posted by droolmaster0

You've already said what you have to say, many, many, many times. The controversy is in the repetition and the condescension, and the refusal to address points directly and logically.

Not to mention the obligatory "I'm leaving for good" endings most of these threads have.

When people are nice to youy, you turn into a {censored} and its all part of your stupid game.

Dont know what your {censored}ing motivation is (other than making people get pissy rather than making music), but its getting really old. Perhaps putting on your Walters9515 monicker again will make you feel you have a purpose in life.

But I doubt it.

By the way, there is no such thing as a "meaningful conversation" with you when you continually insult those around you.

:freak:

• Members

LOL

You kind of contradict yourself, you just used insults
;)
and who is this Walter9515?

Yes, I did. Too bad. At least I dont mask what I do with more nonsense.

and you know who walters is.

personally.

• Members

Nonsense?

You think posting threads relating to synthesisers on a synthesiser forum is " nonsense " ?

Not only do you contradict yourself with insults, you also participate in threads you say are " nonsense " and then decide to post " nonsense " yourself?

Never drink and drive
;)

Nice try.

:rolleyes:

• Members

Illogical reply and a poor attempt at sarcasm.

I take it you won't be participating or reading from now on? if these threads are just " nonsense "

No need to reply.

Note that, bored at work, I break my 'promise' not to respond. Why - because the stupidity and arrogance of your posts is just so bleeping awesome! I do admit - you are one of the finest trolls ever to exist...either that or you are like Plan 9 from Outer Space - so bad you're good.

You of course will mention my "hatred", as if your love of humanity is so obvious to everyone. It's not really hatred, it's true admiration. Admiration like the admiration I feel for, say, Rumsfeld, and other people who are so duplicitous in there every communication that they no longer know what is truth and what isn't.

I haven't quite figured it all out though. Are you a passive aggressive, a 'true' troll who spends lots of time and effort to appear clueless and stupid, or just someone who really is clueless and stupid. Whatever the answer, may hairy insects climb in your mouth at night.

• Members

Illogical reply and a poor attempt at sarcasm.

I take it you won't be participating or reading from now on? if these threads are just " nonsense "

No need to reply.

Weren't you leaving (again??)

LOL, and I'll reply if I so feel the need.

You can always ignore me ;)

:D

• Members

Plastic Baby I liked the intro to your tune but lost interest as soon as the drum loop kicked in, never cared for them. I like your less-is-more philosophy though as apposed to the my-synth-collection-is-more-excessive-than-yours approach. But I'm not going to go on some campaign to try and redeem the "lost souls" of consumerism. Quite a few of my favorite synth artists have made a long drive down that road. Its healthier than drugs anyway.

Steve

Archived