Man, can you believe this sh!t??

mabus013

• Members

As if things weren't bad enough.

I wake up this morning in my car in a local supermarket parking lot. Why? Do to circumstances I won't get into right now, I'm living out of my car until I can find a place to live. {censored}ty, right?

Last night, sometime during the shift at my job I drop 30 dollars out of the 31 I had to last me until wednesday when I get paid. I count my change in my change tray in the car, and I have a total of maybe six bucks, a little gas left, and not much else. Oh well - at least I got that song written on the acoustic and got the basic riffs down on my little digital voice recorder. I'll live - peanut butter sandwiches for the next couple of days, but I'll live.

I go into the Pathmark when I wake up this morning and buy a little Odwalla bar for breakfast, figuring I'll kick back, listen to some music for a little while, go back inside for the peanut butter and bread and then head into town to kill time until I have to go to work tonight.

I come out, open the door, and my stereo's faceplace is ripped off (stereo's still there), no door speakers, my {censored}ty box in the back is gone (wonder how much a 20 dollar pepboy's box fetches on the street? :rolleyes: ), my change tray is empty, and on top of all of this, my acoustic is gone, along with my backpack (containing my toothbrush, toothpaste, cd case, cd player, sony headphones, and the aforementioned DVR with my song ideas on it :mad: ), my army duffle with my Marshall 9004 preamp and Small Stone, and my chrome breaker bar, my little equalizer in case some assholes decide to gang up on some down and out mother{censored}er in his car for {censored}s and giggles.

On top of that, they missed the {censored}ty little cd deck I had in the back under my clothes, and the Pioneer deck I had installed merely ended up semi-damaged - popped the faceplate and the mating plate back in the chassis and it works fine.

I was just wondering if anyone else out there in cyberspace might join me in calling down the hounds of hell on these crackhead {censored}in' assholes. That's all.

And people wonder why I don't have any faith in anything that walks upright....

Anyone got some peanut butter? :D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look man... If you believe in God you will be FINE.

Im really sorry all that {censored} happened..but who knows why those people took your {censored}. maybe they smoke crack. MAYBE they really needed it more than you (i know that sounds {censored}ed up.. but there are {censored}ed up people out there)

ALL i want to know is this-

If you have no place to live how can you be online? internet cafe or something??

good luck and may god be with you brother.

• Members

be prepaired to handle/sort out all of this {censored} by yourself! Hey- everyone needs help at somepoint.. and if humans wont help you, personally, i feel that God will.

Hes the one who said he doesnt put his "faith in anything that walks upright"... sounds like he believes in god to me?

Originally posted by blaghaus

And if he doesn't believe in God?

• Members

Originally posted by lagunabeach

be prepaired to handle/sort out all of this {censored} by yourself! Hey- everyone needs help at somepoint.. and if humans wont help you, personally, i feel that God will.

Hes the one who said he doesnt put his "faith in anything that walks upright"... sounds like he believes in god to me?

I'm not going to get into it mate, It'll get ugly, religious stuff always does. I just find that kind of stuff a bit patronising. No offense intended.

• Members

No no no, you got it all wrong.

If you are a believer and you're down and out and things get better then hallelujah.

If you're a believer and you're down and out and things get worse, then your faith is being tested.

If you're a non-believer and you're down and out, and things get better, then you're being tempted by the devil.

If you're a non-believer and down and out and things get worse, then you deserve it.

EDIT: Thats not to discourage anyone from believing anything in particular. Just a funny observation.

Originally posted by kerb

Preachy religious types piss me off.

If you're down and out and things get better - God saved you!

If you're down and out and things get worse - God moves in mysterious ways.

Just a little too convenient.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

If you are a believer and you're down and out and things get better then hallelujah.

If you're a believer and you're down and out and things get worse, then your faith is being tested.

If you're a non-believer and you're down and out, and things get better, then you're being tempted by the devil.

If you're a non-believer and down and out and things get worse, then you deserve it.

EDIT: Thats not to discourage anyone from believing anything in particular. Just a funny observation.

My theology is very simple.

If you`re down and out and sincerely pray for help you`ll find it.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

That's it in a nutshell; well, maybe a large nutshell.:)

• Members

ANYway...

Yeah, I've got some stuff. No one is going to buy a bunch of used stereo {censored} - the box I've had for over a year and was 20 bucks at pep boys. Worthless to anyone else. My Pioneer deck was bought 2.5 years ago and maybe, maybe I could get 30 bucks for it if a friend needed one for his car. Then I've got no music to listen to. Door speakers? I'm a security guard one night a week at a local recycling yard, saw them in a car headed for the shredder and thought it 'would be a better use of the materials to remain speakers in my car than $.02 worth of scrap steel'. Ahem. The DVR is a 50 dollar peice that I bought at Best Buy months before this happened to me and it's not like the 20 bucks I might be able to get from it is going to change my life.

Yeah, I have some stuff and I live in my car. Big deal - I'm waiting to save up some money to move into a place, and just in case you don't get the math involved, lots of places - even $600/month studios - want double security. That's $1800 to move in, or about six weeks of pay if I don't spend a dime on food, gas, the bus, etc.

As for pity, piss on pity. I don't expect some random internet strangers to care about my lot in life at the moment, I was just venting about some bull{censored} that happened to me.

As for God, I'm in a particular predicament of my own making. The thing I hate about the world today is that you have the materialistic atheists on one hand, the God-fearing rabble on the other, and frankly both groups have it dead wrong. Just because there is a God of some sort (God = unifying creative force behind all) doesn't mean that I don't have to take responsibility for myself, which seems to be lost on the religious folk out there - 'just believe in Jesus and everything will be all right!' Yeah, sure...

Anyone wishing to comment on my situation, who thinks that it's 'that easy' and yadda yadda yadda, do me a favor: tonight, when you're ready for bed, walk past your bedroom, out your front door, and go sleep in your car to see what it's like. (For added realism, be 6'2" tall, wide shouldered, and sleep in an old Honda Civic or VW Rabbit.) Not even what it's like, really, because you're safe from random assholes and you're not likely to get {censored}ed with by the cops in your driveway for the crime of not having anywhere else to go. Try it some night, then picture that experience every night for a couple of months. Then picture that you couldn't just go and take a shower any time you wanted to (as a matter of fact, ignore your shower and wash up in the sink, imagine that you're hoping that the owner of the restaurant/gas station/etc that you're using doesn't start pounding on the door at any moment to ask "WHAT THE {censored} IS GOING ON IN THERE???!!!"), that your friends, being young and at the mercy of the whims of their parents, can't really help you, and that your family could really give a {censored} for the most part - I have a grandfather, several aunts and uncles within a short drive of where I am and not one could be bothered to help me.

Compound this by taking away all of those times your parents bailed your ass out of your troubles, paid for your {censored}, sent your ass off to college or whatever, etc etc, because that never happened for me. I've been paying my way since I was 16, and I've always worked. Don't treat me like some derilict peice of {censored} because I'm in a tight spot. Try it sometime and see how you like it, but remember, your situation is going to be fake - you can go inside at any time and go into your bed, take a shower, etc. Imagine life without that luxury, and that is what that is - luxury. Instead of bitching to me about what I should be doing (as if you know - am I {censored}ing with you? Just making this up to get a rise out of you? You only know what I've told you about me) keep in mind how {censored}in' lucky you really are that your path in life isn't that hard. And while you're at it, go call your parents and tell them you love them, because my father is dead and my mother traded me for a bottle a long, long time ago.

For all of that, I'm not bitter, not any more cynical than I was when I started this particular spate of homelessness, and if you bumped into me on the street, you'd never even know. "Judge not", indeed.

As for 'not having faith in anything that walks upright', does anyone now see what I mean?

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

ditch that {censored} and get food.

Dude, I get paid in two days. Relax.

Meanwhile, I'm in a band (it's a new band, and they don't need to know this {censored} anyway), and it'd be stupid to sell my {censored} now (at a discount) and then try to buy it back later when I'm obligated to rent and {censored}. It took me years to get my meagre rig together, and I'm not about to sell it now.

Frankly, it's easier to tough it out for a little while. As for the food...I'll go to my cousin's house tomorrow night and eat there, get my check on Wednesday morning, yell out 'HAIL SATAN' and everything will be all right ;).

• Members

Originally posted by SuperSlinky

hope everything works out OK man.

Thanks. I mean that - I might be a little wet behind the ears still, but it surprises me how often that people just {censored} on those who are in a worse spot than they are. How hard is it, really, to be nice to someone else? Open a door? Hell, try getting quarters for the phone in NYC. That's fun, boy...

If you don't get what I mean, take up a hobby: start walking along a fairly busy road and see how long it takes for some dick to throw something out of his car at you, curse at you, etc. As if to say, 'hey, {censored} you, asshole, I'm in a car and you're not?'

I must be an alien, because most of the time I look out and I just can't identify with most of humanity.

Anyway, thanks, and backatcha.

• Members

This does bring up one issue that I still don't understand.

We all, regardless of our status in life, have to pee and poop and bathe. Why in this country are there NO public restroom/shower facilities. Its as though we are in denial that people need a bathroom. I just love the signs on some restaurants "No Public Restrooms, Patrons Only"

Seems with all the Gov spending something like this could be addressed.

• Members

Originally posted by mst3k

This does bring up one issue that I still don't understand.

We all, regardless of our status in life, have to pee and poop and bathe. Why in this country are there NO public restroom/shower facilities. Its as though we are in denial that people need a bathroom. I just love the signs on some restaurants "No Public Restrooms, Patrons Only"

Seems with all the Gov spending something like this could be addressed.

We have public restrooms at most gas stations, and in parks and whatnot. THough they're usually in less than desirable condition.

As far as showers, I think it's not uncommon for rest stops to have shower facilities. Though maybe you have to pay to use them, and they're probably hard to get to from anywhere but interstates.

Although it seems unwise to get naked in a public shower. I'd probably rather stink.

Archived