Mailing out free FeistyPiranhas Cds

FeistyPiranhas

• Members

Heh...I'm listening to it now...just got it in the mail.

Even with the padded mail bag it still got smashed but the CD itself is in one piece.

Inital thoughts (bear in mind this isn't my usual listening gear):
- reminds me a bit of the Offspring, especially much of the singing early on the CD.

- Your voice will only get better Foisty, but I'd suggest you actually make it more prominent in the mix as it gets a bit washed out in high gain situations, and I think when the singer's voice isn't clearly heard, listeners can get a bit fatigued by trying to dicern what's being sung.

- Production sounds pretty good...I like that it sounds lively...not too compressed or over produced. I really think a live sound on recordings is the way to go, but again, it's easy to lose the singer when bands do that...sounds more energised tho'. Listen to Midnight Oil's rather hard rock punk outing on Species Deceases...they did that whole recording (only 4 songs alas) live as a band in one take I believe. It sounds great (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000273S/qid=1137380169/sr=1-17/ref=sr_1_17/104-6327246-3601503?s=music&v=glance&n=5174). Clapton should've have done this more as many of his recordings don't sound anywhere near as good as the live performances.

- You have to start somewhere...this isn't a bad place.

- The clarinet works suprisingly well...is that thing amped up? It sounds a bit like a soprano guitar.

:cool:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by bieke

Feisty, thanks for the CD

I've been listening to it a couple of times already and it's a good piece of work. My fav tracks are "Shocked", "Shadows" and "Trains".

The thing I like best are the vocals, really strong. Then the guitars, good tone. The CD reminds me of Rush of course, also I hear Rammstein in there and Green Day indeed and yes, even Blink 182, mainly because of the tight rhytm section (your dad can keep it up) and the catchy choruses and the easy to bang your head to hooks and riffage throughout.

The band pics are great too

well done

haha all from the great bieke!!!! i assurely thank you to no end :D

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

Even with the padded mail bag it still got smashed but the CD itself is in one piece.

- reminds me a bit of the Offspring, especially much of the singing early on the CD.

- Your voice will only get better Foisty, but I'd suggest you actually make it more prominent in the mix as it gets a bit washed out in high gain situations, and I think when the singer's voice isn't clearly heard, listeners can get a bit fatigued by trying to dicern what's being sung.

- Production sounds pretty good...I like that it sounds lively...not too compressed or over produced. I really think a live sound on recordings is the way to go, but again, it's easy to lose the singer when bands do that...sounds more energised tho'. Listen to Midnight Oil's rather hard rock punk outing on Species Deceases...they did that whole recording (only 4 songs alas) live as a band in one take I believe. It sounds great (
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000273S/qid=1137380169/sr=1-17/ref=sr_1_17/104-6327246-3601503?s=music&v=glance&n=5174
). Clapton should've have done this more as many of his recordings don't sound anywhere near as good as the live performances.

- The clarinet works suprisingly well...is that thing amped up? It sounds a bit like a soprano guitar.

thanks man!!! we're working on REALLY early pre-production for the next cd (6 months before we start recording) and are really working on the vocals.

and the clarinet is run through litterally over 25 different EQs, compressors, Limiters, distortions, wah pedals, reverb, etc the clarinet is the most processed thing on the whole cd, its a bitch to pull off live, but we've been happy with a mic from the clarinet into the input of an ac-30 with everything maxed, we put the amp in a roadcase to keep the sound level down and mic from the inside of the roadcase

• Members

- Production sounds pretty good...I like that it sounds lively...not too compressed or over produced. I really think a live sound on recordings is the way to go, but again, it's easy to lose the singer when bands do that...sounds more energised tho'. Listen to Midnight Oil's rather hard rock punk outing on Species Deceases...they did that whole recording (only 4 songs alas) live as a band in one take I believe. It sounds great (
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000273S/qid=1137380169/sr=1-17/ref=sr_1_17/104-6327246-3601503?s=music&v=glance&n=5174
). Clapton should've have done this more as many of his recordings don't sound anywhere near as good as the live performances.

thanks man!!! we're working on REALLY early pre-production for the next cd (6 months before we start recording) and are really working on the vocals.

and the clarinet is run through litterally over 25 different EQs, compressors, Limiters, distortions, wah pedals, reverb, etc the clarinet is the most processed thing on the whole cd, its a bitch to pull off live, but we've been happy with a mic from the clarinet into the input of an ac-30 with everything maxed, we put the amp in a roadcase to keep the sound level down and mic from the inside of the roadcase

• Members

Bear in mind, my inital thoughts were based on crappy laptop speakers...I'll have a better listen on the iPod later.

I'll have to dig up a new case so I can pass it around too...the original is smashed = very rock lol.

Yeah, I agree with Bieke, the guitar tone is pretty nice. Keep up with making even more original licks and playing...that's the kind of contrast which enhances listen pleasure.

You're lucky you can do all this at your age. keep it fun.

• Members

Bear in mind, my inital thoughts were based on crappy laptop speakers...I'll have a better listen on the iPod later.

I'll have to dig up a new case so I can pass it around too...the original is smashed = very rock lol.

Yeah, I agree with Bieke, the guitar tone is pretty nice. Keep up with making even more original licks and playing...that's the kind of contrast which enhances listen pleasure.

You're lucky you can do all this at your age. keep it fun.

haha thanks man, want me to send out another copy to replace the broken one?

• Members
Originally posted by FeistyPiranhas

haha thanks man, want me to send out another copy to replace the broken one?

Seems like a bit of a waste...and no guarantee that one wouldn't have elephants playing musical chairs on it either...I'll see if I have a spare case somewhere...it won't be as sexy as those clear ones, but life's harsh.

• Members

Seems like a bit of a waste...and no guarantee that one wouldn't have elephants playing musical chairs on it either...I'll see if I have a spare case somewhere...it won't be as sexy as those clear ones, but life's harsh.

haha ok man, but if it bothers ya, i'd be happy to send another one over to ya!

• Members

I listend to the CD now in my mp3 player, home stero and car. I was very impressed. I think the drums were tight and really kept the mix livley. The guitar was great, not overprocessed clean and cruch. The vocals reminded me of the offspring. Overall I really enjoyed the CD, and the artwork was excellent. The disk reminded me of new punk yet it had more edge. I think this is a can't miss CD. I will spend many hours listening to this disc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by fuzzball

I listend to the CD now in my mp3 player, home stero and car. I was very impressed. I think the drums were tight and really kept the mix livley. The guitar was great, not overprocessed clean and cruch. The vocals reminded me of the offspring. Overall I really enjoyed the CD, and the artwork was excellent. The disk reminded me of new punk yet it had more edge. I think this is a can't miss CD. I will spend many hours listening to this disc.

thanks man!!!

• Members

NO, thank you for the CD, feel free to use my comments for advertising. If you need more just let me know and I will write more reviews for you. For example if you use CDbaby I would be happy to write a nice 5 star review.

Great CD! if you don't have it you should get it.:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by fuzzball

NO, thank you for the CD, feel free to use my comments for advertising. If you need more just let me know and I will write more reviews for you. For example if you use CDbaby I would be happy to write a nice 5 star review.

Great CD! if you don't have it you should get it.
:thu:

haha thanks man, you don't know how much that means to us!!!

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Ok, I was expecting worse. It still is cheesy punkpop, but at least they played ok and his voice isn't horrible either. That being said, he does sound like he has a cheeseburger stuffed in his cheek and looks like a buffalo on crack.

Archived