Pedals you regret purchasing thread

Stratotone

• Members

Danelectro cool cat: sterile chorus
Boss cs3: ugh!!!
Boss Ce5: I don't know...just didn't like it.
Boss Ds1, Metal zone, Hyper metal, fuzz: Horrible.
Danelectro Hash browns (flanger): Sterile.
Ibanez tremolo from the 5 series: even the tuna melt from danelectro is better than it.
DOD tuna (don't remember the name or model): it was a tuner pedal, worthless POS.

Some of those were some of my first pedals, except for the danelectro's.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Blungo

Pearl OD-5.

I just didn't like it. Nasally,thin, all the usual terms to describe a pedal you don't like.

I have to say, i like something about almost every pedal i try, not so for the pearl.

i can get it. i had 3 of them and they were all different. i get the fattest one....

• Members

Boss TU-2: high end suckage, innacurate tuning, difficult tracking and holding notes.

Morely Wah-sp: utter {censored}e on every level. Very poor construction, sounded aweful. Will never buy a Morely again!

Carl Martin Delayla (original): very nice pedal, but I just don't use it and it cost me a fortune, so that buy was lamentable.:(

• Members

Dunlop crybaby. i shouldnt complain. i wouldnt know the wonders of a TB wah if not for this one

and trading my frantone vibutron for a mini-Bicomp. the comp was nice, but losing it in the mail begs the question as to why i traded the nicest trem ive ever played...I was taught a lesson by the gear slut gods that day...

• Members

i never regret so far any pedal i bought. but i have to say that i have 15 pedals by now, and none of them is a boss pedal.

i don't want to bash them, but i think they are not for me. i tried the ds-1 one, eeeehh, the phaser is really weak comperad to the ibanez pm-7 or the byoc phase 90. the bd-2 might be cool, but i like my ts-9 and the bad monkey is cheaper and does a great job.

delay and chorus wise i never tried one so far.

• Members
Originally posted by thebazaar

and trading my frantone vibutron for a mini-Bicomp. the comp was nice, but losing it in the mail begs the question as to why i traded the nicest trem ive ever played...I was taught a lesson by the gear slut gods that day...

Ouch.:cry:

Are you sure it was actually mailed? I've never had a pedal go missing in the mail yet...after many years and lots of pedals. Seems more likely that it wasn't even sent if the source wasn't one you knew well.:freak:

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

Ouch.
:cry:

Are you sure it was actually mailed? I've never had a pedal go missing in the mail yet...after many years and lots of pedals. Seems more likely that it wasn't even sent if the source wasn't one you knew well.
:freak:

I though this too when a Clone Theory I bought through ebay never arrived. That is, that the seller never sent it and concocted the 'lost in the mail' story so he could relist it and hopefully get a better price. Then about a year after the event the guy emails me to see if it ever arrived. I don't see why he would have bothered to do that unless it truly did get lost in the mail (or he was some freak who began to believe his own lies were truth).

• Members
Originally posted by Seth Carmody

I though this too when a Clone Theory I bought through ebay never arrived. That is, that the seller never sent it and concocted the 'lost in the mail' story so he could relist it and hopefully get a better price. Then about a year after the event the guy emails me to see if it ever arrived. I don't see why he would have bothered to do that unless it truly did get lost in the mail (or he was some freak who began to believe his own lies were truth).

I've met some freaks who'd take enough acid to do gear like that.:freak:

• Members
Originally posted by sh333

Given that 75% of what I seem to play is palm muted, it kinda sucked. Of course the fact that 75% of what i play is palm muted may be an indication that I suck.
:)

Given the fact that you can actually palm mute, it makes you a better player than a certain Can-Asian homophobe...

• Members
Originally posted by Rob Eadgbe

Given the fact that you can actually palm mute, it makes you a better player than a certain Can-Asian homophobe...

I will take heart in that :D

If only I could master the psychedaealic freek-out suonds lik Jrak :thu:

• Members

After playing a Two Knob Tonebender clone that valvedriventone leant me, I started gassing for one. I traded my Rat2 for a BYOC two knob Tonebender clone. Turns out the one that valvey had was modded, and mine sounded nowhere near as good as his. I've since found that there's nothing wrong with mine, they just sound that way.

I also bought a Zoom 505 and brought it back the second the store opened the next day.

• Members

dunlop cgb95 .. this thing sucked tone like no other .. it didn't make any cetns.

Boss ps5 .. i just didnt' have any use for it .. that whammy mode was horrible

other than that .. i could find soemthing i liked abotu every pedal .. but eventually could sell it towards something i'd really like..

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

Does Morely make anything that doesn't deserved to be buried?

they had the coolest {censored} in the 70s. the optical thing is really innovative imo. and the wahs had such range--everything from vocal to screechy harmonic feedback. :cool:
then there were the phaser and flangers that had treadles so you could rock em like a wah or switch to auto mode and adjust speed with the treadle. niceness! can't speak for the flanger but hte phaser is really rich and MXR-like.
not to mention the oil can delay. :freak:

but now? um...well...their volume pedals mae your volume go up and down pretty good.
:o

• Members
Originally posted by MrSage

I don't regret purchasing any pedals. I usually buy a pedal because I've been gassing for it for a long time, and when I finally get it, the GAS dissipates.

Sometimes I don't like a pedal, in which case I sell it. But it's always good to have tried it...then I don't continue to lust after a bad pedal.

:thu:

+1

• Members

The only thing that really comes close to a regret for me would be the DL-4. And not because it didn't sound good, it's just that there was so much hype around that pedal that I couldn't help but be somewhat disappointed. I already owned a DD-20 when I bought the DL-4, so the only real use I had for it was looping.

It's really a nice pedal, though. It's one of those that I'll quite possibly buy again if I find a good enough deal.

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

Ibanez DE7 - had 2 break on me.

NVN DinoFuzz - near useless pedal for me. it may have been defective.

Zoom 505 multiFX pedal. plastic, tinny, junk.

i wanted to sell my dino fuzz, because i don't use si fuzzface that much and needed money, but i'm glad i didn't. it sounds great, cuts through unlike many other fuzzes

edit: i also have de7 and it's nothing special, but it cost me 50 euros new. and it does better self oscillation than the dd-20

Archived