Markom89 humor attached.

papa taco

Originally posted by ChitownTerror

I still say he's the most brilliant alt ever created in the history of the internet. I think it's really Phil.
;)

Thanks for the implied compliment regarding my brilliance... :D:o but it isn't me. And it's not an alt-moniker either - remember, I did an IP trace on the guy.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by jasonfuzz

Actually, I never went to go see "his" gig. I don't know anymore than anybody else if he exists. I just got so sick of him and wanted to see if I could write a fake report and see if he'd freak out and get himself banned. ding ding ding! mission accomplished.

Ah, I was right when I cited that as creative nonfiction--darn good reading nonetheless!

• Members
Originally posted by Last Nerve

What pedals did he buy, Marc?

I hope he's behind me on the waiting list!
:D

And NO CUSTOM PAINT for that focker, either!

;)
Don't worry; yours is VERY high on my list. Damn pots where sitting in customs at the Port of Los Angeles as of yesterday, and that {censored} is holding me up. My apologies on the wait.

• Members
Originally posted by murch33

Were his emails as bad as I think they were?

Actually very polite and no problems at all. He had a few questions which I was happy to answer. I re-read an email I sent to a seller several years ago, and I was quite a pain in the ass myself. I remember asking Bob Sweet a bunch of questions before buying an Ultra Vibe, too; and he was very patient with me even though I really didn't know what the hell I was talking about at the time. Marko's gonna be quite the expert in tone and gear in a short time. He's very enthusiastic and inquisitive about these things. His major fault at this point is in taking things very seriously. And who didn't have an issue with their ego at that age? I cringe myself when I see adults egging a kid on like that. The fake gig story was hilarious, but let's not turn this into a personal mass-e-stalking for crap's sake. Seriously...

• Members

Originally posted by skr3ddy

Actually very polite and no problems at all. He had a few questions which I was happy to answer. I re-read an email I sent to a seller several years ago, and I was quite a pain in the ass myself. I remember asking Bob Sweet a bunch of questions before buying an Ultra Vibe, too; and he was very patient with me even though I really didn't know what the hell I was talking about at the time. Marko's gonna be quite the expert in tone and gear in a short time. He's very enthusiastic and inquisitive about these things. His major fault at this point is in taking things very seriously. And who didn't have an issue with their ego at that age? I cringe myself when I see adults egging a kid on like that. The fake gig story was hilarious, but let's not turn this into a personal mass-e-stalking for crap's sake. Seriously...

This saddens me.

• Members

Normally I would agree with what skreddy said. It kinda sucks that kids have so much access to the internet and it's basically full of vice and stupidity, but nearly everything he said was borderline retarded and it was worth the 15 minutes to cook up that story and watch him dig his own grave.

• Members

Yeah, I've got a lot of writing saved up from my high school years and NONE of it approaches markom for senselessness, stupidity, and absolute lack of self awareness. Doing things like bumping your thread every five minutes and going WELL GUYS??!?!?!?! COME ON AND TELL ME WHAT TO BUY WITH MY $5000 is unacceptable.

And Marc, as much as I respect your work, buying a million pedals will NOT give a person a better ear for tone. That requires the ability to LISTEN, which markom clearly lacks... :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

Yeah, I've got a lot of writing saved up from my high school years and NONE of it approaches markom for senselessness, stupidity, and absolute lack of self awareness. Doing things like bumping your thread every five minutes and going WELL GUYS??!?!?!?! COME ON AND TELL ME WHAT TO BUY WITH MY $5000 is unacceptable.

And Marc, as much as I respect your work, buying a million pedals will NOT give a person a better ear for tone. That requires the ability to LISTEN, which markom clearly lacks...
:wave:

he can read about music though....
you know, like 'dancing about architecture'..

he will develop a sense of something, but he'll develop it in TIME...
not in MONEY..

• Members

Don`t you see that the plot is too obvious. Wake up!

So far all I can say is that Jrak, Taco and Skreddy are part of it.

edited for last update -
Just now doing some research on Mark from Diamond and Vlad

• Members

I didn't really like how everyone jumped his ass right out the gate here, but I never said anything. Then I started to think he was a fake....

But I won't lie. Now that I know he is real, I'm pretty jealous that he has money to throw around. His bragging works. You all can't say you don't wish you could sit here and ask which amp: a VH4 or a 65 amps or a Badcat or a blah blah blah. {censored}, I wish I could.

I remember when I graduated high school and I came home and my parents had bought me a USED Les Paul HB special. I was soooooo appreciative. I didn't put the thing down for months. To this day, I'm still super appreciative of what they bought me and I'd never sell it. Everything else is from money I earned busting my ass at {censored} $6/hr jobs here and there. And my family is not bad off at all. But I've learned an invaluable lesson: You appreciate things much more when it's something for which you work hard.

Now, I can't say because I don't know the kid personally.... he may be the next official tone conniseur who is totally excited about new gear will be answering all my questions when I scrounge up the quarters in the couch to by a new amp, but I'd say I'm probably a happier person overall. Because my parents didn't buy my love. And I didn't have the things I cherish in my life handed to me with a swipe of daddy's credit card.

There seem to be a lot of people praising him for "being genuinely excited about playing guitar and learning about tone." Nah, I'm not buying that {censored} at all. This is being excited about playing and about learning about tone... trying to get an equally pleasing sound out of a $350 Traynor tube amp and non boutique pedals as a {censored}ing Memory Lane and a VH4. No, it's not possible, but I'm sure I'd learn a whole hell of a lot by trying than by saying "welp, this 52 tele RI and my MKIV and massive pedal collection just isn't getting me a good sound" and attempting to find it by dropping more money that doesn't belong to me.

{censored} it, flame on. I've laughed pretty damn hard in the last hour or so.

• Members

Originally posted by skr3ddy

I agree. The kid could be doing worse things at that age.

• Members

Originally posted by Filter428

I agree. The kid could be doing worse things at that age.

Like sitting on message boards saying he is going to rape someone's family in front of them and have them killed and their bodies dumped and no one will ever know what happened? Well he already did that.

I'd venture to say that he would probably be out doing bad things like getting buzzed off 4 wine coolers and stealing his mom's minivan with his friends, but I think he's the kind of twerp that no one likes because he brags about all the new {censored} daddy buys him, thus being cast aside by his peers and having nothing else to do but not get into trouble.

I never participated in the flame threads, but now I'm having a good old time watching e-Darwinism at work.

• Members

Originally posted by beezdeez

Like sitting on message boards saying he is going to rape someone's family in front of them and have them killed and their bodies dumped and no one will ever know what happened? Well he already did that.

I'd venture to say that he would probably be out doing bad things like getting buzzed off 4 wine coolers and stealing his mom's minivan with his friends, but I think he's the kind of twerp that no one likes because he brags about all the new {censored} daddy buys him, thus being cast aside by his peers and having nothing else to do but not get into trouble.

Allright, so the kid said something stupid. He's 16! Looks to me like he does have something to do....buy nice guitar gear. He's lucky he can afford a relatively expensive hobby. At 16, I couldn't. I grew up in The Bronx, not Bel Air!

• Members

Allright, so the kid said something stupid. He's 16! Looks to me like he does have something to do....buy nice guitar gear. He's lucky he can afford a relatively expensive hobby. At 16, I couldn't. I grew up in The Bronx, not Bel Air!

See, he may be 16, but he is disrespectful and expects things to fall to his feet (For example, "what about the AC30!?!!!!??!??!??!?!" right after someone answered a question about one of his 3940 amps listed). Which is why now I can find humor in people putting him in his place by making fun of him. Do I agree with it, meh not really, but doing so can lead to two things. It could put him in his place and he can stop being annoying and bragging about all the {censored} dad buys him, or it could only fuel the flame and he would end up getting banned anyways and he will be an annoyance to people who have to interact with him in person. Probably be the latter, but either way, I'm in an asshole mood today and I feel like laughing at him.

Who knows about tomorrow, I may feel more sorry for the fact that, while he has a small fortune in guitar gear, he lacks a soul. :wave:

• Members
I'm in an asshole mood today and I feel like laughing at him.

It's my responsibility as an adult to always be a gentleman, not an a-hole. Maybe you should too?

I do understand what you're saying....but you should never forget to always be a gentleman.:)

• Members

It's my responsibility as an adult to always be a gentleman, not an a-hole. Maybe you should too?

I do understand what you're saying....but you should never forget to always be a gentleman.
:)

I'm a pretty level-headed guy. I keep the disrespect to a minimum.

Maybe it's the jealousy speaking. I'd kill to have the gear he owns and will be owning in the near future. I'll be the first to admit I'm jealous. :wave:

Archived